Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What events/movies/major product releases are you looking forward to, not because you can't wait to participate, but because you can't wait to see them fail spectacularly so you can enjoy the rage and despair of all the stupid sheeple that were sincerely looking forward to them?

My major schadenfreude milestones:

Expired:

Ghostbusters: mediocre but not terrible. Overall a disappointment from both a cinematic and schadenfreude perspective.

Suicide Squad: utter shitshow. Lol at everyone who was looking forward to this hot garbage.

Upcoming:

Presidential Election: I have more than a few co-workers who will never hear the end of it when Trump finally gets his rear end kicked. More satisfying than his loss however would be some massive, humiliating scandal that not even he can wriggle out of. Something so tarnishing that even his most ardent supporters will be disgusted with him and with themselves for ever supporting him. I'm really gonna savor his downfall.

Star Citizen:
I hope Chris Roberts goes to jail/is discovered dead from auto erotic asphyxiation on top of a pile of cocaine he bought with embezzled money. Watching the diehard fans unravel both mentally and spiritually when this scam finally implodes will be extremely satisfying.

OP: I can't wait for that guy to finally get what's coming to him.

What about you guys? What do you have marked on your schadenfreude calendar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know what any of those things are

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Applewhite posted:

What events/movies/major product releases are you looking forward to, not because you can't wait to participate, but because you can't wait to see them fail spectacularly so you can enjoy the rage and despair of all the stupid sheeple that were sincerely looking forward to them?

Expired:

Ghostbusters: mediocre but not terrible. Overall a disappointment from both a cinematic and schadenfreude perspective.

Suicide Squad: utter shitshow. Lol at everyone who was looking forward to this hot garbage.

Upcoming:

Presidential Election: I have more than a few co-workers who will never hear the end of it when Trump finally gets his rear end kicked. More satisfying than his loss however would be some massive, humiliating scandal that not even he can wriggle out of. Something so tarnishing that even his most ardent supporters will be disgusted with him and with themselves for ever supporting him. I'm really gonna savor his downfall.

Star Citizen:
I hope Chris Roberts goes to jail/is discovered dead from auto erotic asphyxiation on top of a pile of cocaine he bought with embezzled money. Watching the diehard fans unravel both mentally and spiritually when this scam finally implodes will be extremely satisfying.

If you aren't going to bask in shadenfreude no matter who wins in November I just don't think you're maximizing your gains this calendar year

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I'm kinda excited to die because I still haven't figured out how I'm gonna suckle god's infinite dickvag

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Boomstick Quaid posted:

If you aren't going to bask in shadenfreude no matter who wins in November I just don't think you're maximizing your gains this calendar year

If Trump wins I'll get the consolation prize of laughing at all his supporters while the country collapses around our ears, but it'll be cold comfort to do so while I'm battling stray dogs for scraps of food.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i cant wait until Kony 2012 gets whats coming to him

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Final episode of GOT. I'm hoping it sucks as much as Dexter just to revel in the sound of a million nerds screaming in vain.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
God, the Olympics. That poo poo is going to be insane and so much fun to watch and read terrible editorials about. It's going to be a poo poo-show of magnificent proportions and if it isn't (I don't think that's likely) I am going to be super depressed.

I want people to get poop viruses from the bay, whole men's basketball teams get kidnapped and ransomed, the next generation of Olympia to have crazy tiny zika heads - I want it all! Favela revolutions! Gangs taking over the cruise ship the American bball teams are staying in and becoming pirates! I want tons of sex scandals with big booty Brazilian babes!

It's going to be so good.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Applewhite posted:

If Trump wins I'll get the consolation prize of laughing at all his supporters while the country collapses around our ears, but it'll be cold comfort to do so while I'm battling stray dogs for scraps of food.

something something grim barkness of the future

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tonsured posted:

I'm kinda excited to die because I still haven't figured out how I'm gonna suckle god's infinite dickvag

Very carefully. :stare:

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
The inevitability of more terrorist attacks in Europe and the United States. Allahu akbar! 👳🏿💣

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I want that God damned California killing earthquake to hurry up and happen. Failing that - a comic book movie so expensive and that is such an abysmal failure that it kills the genre for at least a decade.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Brexit. It's like watching 9/11 in slow motion.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm anticipating No Man's Sky disappointing all the drooling morons who doesn't understand that unscripted randomly generated games are boring trash.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dad gay. so what posted:

I don't know what any of those things are

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Every day im drinking. No future no rich.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
we have a new Rio thread tho

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

notZaar posted:

I'm anticipating No Man's Sky disappointing all the drooling morons who doesn't understand that unscripted randomly generated games are boring trash.

the only good thing will be creatures named "suck," "my," "dick," "you," "gently caress," and "man" photographed in a row and posted in this dead gay forum

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I want that God damned California killing earthquake to hurry up and happen. Failing that - a comic book movie so expensive and that is such an abysmal failure that it kills the genre for at least a decade.

Florida killing hurricane is way overdue.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
What does Schadenfreude mean

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
lovely woman, I think.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Beef Turret posted:

What does Schadenfreude mean

Mine was someone finally admitting they don't know what schadenfraude is

Thanks thread

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Star Citizen:

These 2 are good.
The Elections: I don't give a poo poo who wins the election, both are equally terrible but the meltdown from either side's supporters will be good.

Star Citizen: Chris dying at the hands of the insane whales that have spent 5 and 6 figures on ~dreams~, rivers of tears.

No Man's Sky: Huge meltdowns already happening and it's not even out til next week. Biblical meltdowns forecasted for next Tuesday.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I'm embarrassed that I know what it means, but I have no idea how to properly pronounce it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Sha Den Froid

There you go bub.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

notZaar posted:

Sha Den Froid

There you go bub.

That was my first inclination, but since its german I figured I was getting it wrong. Thanks.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
schadenfreude is very unhealthy, please don't do it
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710941&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

quote:

schadenfreude is a special emotion only computer programmers can feel. it's about taking joy in the perceived or real failings of others despite an abject lack of personal success according to any metric, including your own. the unspoken basis of the desire to see others fail is a protective psychological mechanism to ensure that we, ourselves, never attempt to better ourselves or create anything. each and every one of us is more contemptible than the last, linked as a human poo poo ouroboros eating a newly pooped human poo poo in perpetuity. i have personally never accomplished anything nor has anyone felt pride in me or my actions due to my extremely myopic, embittered worldview and my wholly repellant personality. i can only ignore the deep shame i feel by constantly and obsessively documenting every action of another in a psychotic and negative way. and i love cats.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

reading that gave me fremdschamen

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm going to buy No Man's Sky because I imagine it's going to be pretty cool to explore and look at all the pretty stuff while stoned, I got me a jar of mean weed and haven't really smoked much of it yet.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
The Olympic opening ceremony is tonight at 730 eastern. I'm so excited

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Yeah whoever loses the elections we're looking at some glorious pants making GBS threads. Trump supporters will be funniest though IMO

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I Would like to see the utter horror on Republican faces with either outcome in the election. But I'm sort of rooting for a "oh god what have we done" moment with Trump. Clinton we'd just get the same hiss fits we already saw when Obama won.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
That's too bad about no man's sky I was hoping it would be good.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i pooped my pants

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Expired:

Upcoming:

Star Citizen:

Whatever you're going to post next :laffo:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just joshin' ya.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Tossing another vote in for the unending tears of the Star Citizen backers.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I plan on getting some schadenfreude out of however AI develops. Complete general artificial intelligence that works will seriously devalue intelligence as a job skill, which is a very funny result for all the smart people working so hard to make it happen. Or, alternatively if we discover thinking machines are like space travel and the initial successes our species had in it turn out to be waaaay farther from the big stuff than we thought then that's funny too. Even the middleground where we get amaze-o robots and they're a miracle and everybody is bored with them inside of 5 years is pretty hilarious. And of course the destruction of our species by our own toys has been lined up as a hell of a joke since the atomic age began. Really, no matter what happens, there will be German hate-happy aplenty.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

Me too, I really want it to fail. I want Sean Murray to whine alot on his twitter and I want all the goons who pre ordered the game to admit that they are retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I look forward to all the melted and decayed faces from flesh eating viruses at the Rio Olympics

• Locked thread