Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Okay now someone do one that spells out Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I cheated

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

im here from the future to warn you all~

This is my guess + Clinton winning the popular vote

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wulfolme posted:

I cheated

That'll do, Wulfolme. That'll do

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Here's my guess:

I'm surprised no one else already posted this.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

I made a map

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Discendo Vox posted:

Going all in.

I'm guessing the media blitz and one of the ongoing criminal investigations will reveal something so odious that Trump is forcibly removed from the campaign, one way or another. Third party voters will try and fail too get enough leeway to get an EV in one of the split states.

So just as a reminder, feeling pretty good about this right now.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

So just as a reminder, feeling pretty good about this right now.

I honestly think that there are several states that would select Johnson before Hillary. Utah, for example.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Vox Nihili posted:

I honestly think that there are several states that would select Johnson before Hillary. Utah, for example.
Utah is actually a four-way race between Trump, Clinton, Johnson, and Mormon protest candidate Evan McMullin. That article links to this amazing poll from August of likely voters in Utah.

Trump: 37%
Clinton: 25%
Johnson: 16%
Other: 14%
Don't Know: 7%

There is absolutely a world in which the conservative vote is so split that Clinton wins Utah.

Edit: Utah House Rep Jason Chaffetz, Utah Senator Mike Lee, Romney, Utah Governor Gary Herbert, and Jon Huntsman have all punched out on Trump.

Gobbeldygook has issued a correction as of 08:35 on Oct 8, 2016

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I'm super excited to see how Utah pans out this year. The real possibility that known idiot Gary Johnson gets electoral votes is just too funny.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
Here's me trying to do something unique but also semi logical...

Basically, I've decided Trump's pussy comments pretty much tank him everywhere that's anything smaller than R+10. This includes GA, AZ, NE-2, MO, IA, and even AK (recent poll only shows him up +3 there).

Utah goes Johnson. Mormon voters, having had enough of Trump, break away from him in droves, and he comes in 3rd there. Johnson wins, but it's something like:
Johnson: 35
Hillary: 34
Trump: 20
McMuffin: 10
Everyone else: 1

I considered giving Johnson NM too as he was a fairly popular former governor there, but they're a bit more liberal and a lot more minority, so Hillary wins, but he actually beats Trump by a point or two. It ends up reading something like:

Hillary: 50
Johnson: 25
Trump: 24
Everyone else: 1

EDIT: I just realized 388 EV's is what Pinterest Mom gave to Hillary. Don't want to match her exactly, so I give ME-2 to Trump. It could still happen.

blackmet has issued a correction as of 15:55 on Oct 8, 2016

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

blackmet posted:

EDIT: I just realized 388 EV's is what Pinterest Mom gave to Hillary. Don't want to match her exactly, so I give ME-2 to Trump. It could still happen.

I think the rule is that your map can't match someone, but that you can have the same electoral vote count. Otherwise the tie-breaking rules don't really make sense.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

ok here is my "total trump collapse" map.

premise: trump does something somehow worse than what he's already done that alienates not only the entire GOP leadership, but the actual conservative base. most GOP leaders pull endorsements (including mike pence who resigns from ticket) and many even endorse Gary Johnson. only the hardest core trumpers stick with him, with almost all western conservatives going to gary and the rest of the GOP split pretty evenly giving many otherwise deep red states to the dems

this isn't my Official Guess just me being a nerd

Already halfway there, crossing my fingers that it comes true this weekend.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It's been a good couple of weeks, so I'm going to post my most optimistic projection.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

EngineerSean posted:

I think the rule is that your map can't match someone, but that you can have the same electoral vote count. Otherwise the tie-breaking rules don't really make sense.

Eh. I'm sticking to it!

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

blackmet posted:

Eh. I'm sticking to it!

The electoral college version of bidding $899 when someone else bid $900 on The Price is Right.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

EngineerSean posted:

This is correct.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Edmund Lava posted:

This is correct.

Can you update the list in the OP?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Can you update the list in the OP?

poo poo haven't don't that in 2 months. I'll get on when I'm not phone posting.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Might as well throw my hat in the ring to bump the thread. Utah is McMullin because it's looking more likely than Trump or Hillary

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
My maps lookin strong right now :cthulhu:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oops wrong thread

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Screw it, let's go all in :getin:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

axeil posted:

Screw it, let's go all in :getin:

ahem.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

sure, I'll bite

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

officially change mine to this

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
http://www.270towin.com/maps/DR9A8
The
Give Utah to McMuffin

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Well all in in the sense that it could conceivably happen. Your map is definitely more fun though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I think Zas is winning the "all in" contest at this point, honestly. I wish I had their testicular fortitude.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'm just one of many following a trail blazed by jeb!

Vanilla Ice
Jun 13, 2002

Fuck The Eradicator

Alaska is going blue.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
woah

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

hot

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Discendo Vox posted:

I think Zas is winning the "all in" contest at this point, honestly. I wish I had their testicular fortitude.

Canada is going to be admitted into the union and go Cruz

hone state advantage

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i like this because it's plausible :)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Istvun posted:

Canada is going to be admitted into the union and go Cruz

hone state advantage

They'd still have less electoral votes than California lmbo Canada isn't even a real country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Utah is going for McMullin.

• Locked thread