Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Meanwhile I apparently can't watch any of the real sport Olympic Games live because NBC is a failure network stuck in the 50s.

Does anyone know where I am supposed to be able to watch these things? The Opening Ceremonies are right now but apparently they don't play here in HI for another 2 hours and NBC is REALLY STRICT that I don't get to stream it early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it's a sign that by watching the olymics, you're contributing the the megafail western capitalism hegemony, op

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol what loving weirdo actually watches the olympics

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

when does the olympics get the gamer games? i wanna see the us bring home the gold for their counterstrike and dota teams

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Condiv posted:

when does the olympics get the gamer games? i wanna see the us bring home the gold for their counterstrike teams

we already have this, it's called us foreign policy

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The olympics is only so the IOC and host country leaders can get rich off graft from the $50B construction budget they have to spend. You can't really grift enough from computer sports yet.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

after the olympics gets esports and cyberathletes, how long do you think it will take for the russians to get banned for injecting performance enhancing drugs into their clicking fingers?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Stereotype posted:

The olympics is only so the IOC and host country leaders can get rich off graft from the $50B construction budget they have to spend. You can't really grift enough from computer sports yet.

It's just that no country has enough BAWLs to host

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i fuckin love dota and have wasted much of my life to it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its a hosed situation because no athlete wants to actually contract hepatitis from the swimming pool but every athlete is also egotistical as gently caress and will risk everything for the fleeting shine of fame

the olympics are hosed. so many fit people are going to die or get sick.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BONGHITZ posted:

i too love warcraft 2

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

winter games are the only ones that matter

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

specifically hockey and curling

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
gonna play DotA All-Stars on my sw33t y2k gaming rig

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

we already have this, it's called us foreign policy

hehe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BONGHITZ posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
DOTA FTW!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

e-sports is real man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12vh55_1ul8

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
like all French orgs the ioc is hilariously corrupt, but they do their best to ensure whoever bought them gets their money's worth.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Considering how many corrupt businesses have terrible customer support the IOC seems pretty good IMO

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Stereotype posted:

Meanwhile I apparently can't watch any of the real sport Olympic Games live because NBC is a failure network stuck in the 50s.

Does anyone know where I am supposed to be able to watch these things? The Opening Ceremonies are right now but apparently they don't play here in HI for another 2 hours and NBC is REALLY STRICT that I don't get to stream it early.

move to a first world country like canada or britain

i mean calling britain first world is a stretch and canada is borderline but if you set the bar too high that pretty much just leaves like norway

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
so I did what everyone does and called my parents, who pay for cable, to get their password so I could register my computer and Apple TV so I could stream from them

first: what a stupid useless thing I had to do.

second: they're coverage is absolutely terrible and their streams are somehow worse. there is like 35 hours of table tennis streaming without any commentary. some Brittish guys are commenting on fencing so I assume they just bought the footage from bbc. there are commercials every 5 mins (like 3 repeating each time) and they alternate between missing huge sections while playing a "coverage will resume shortly" card, or skipping it with commercials I've already seen a dozen times

honestly they could probably drum up some views for this poo poo but instead they decided to half rear end it to hell and back l

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE loving KIDDING ME

So I'm watching the China vs Italy women's fencing, and they have a for commercials after the Italian girl, who was trailing the entire match, ties it up and forces over time.

Commercials come back AFTER OVERTIME ENDS. Like, it's only a minute of overtime and it was 15 seconds in but I missed the final point that won the match! I rewound like three times, I couldn't believe it, but literally they skip the pivotal part of the match to play me FOR THE TENTH TIME some Galaxy s7 ad.

It is unwatchable. NBC is such a garbage dinosaur company why did anyone ever sell them the Olympics coverage. It is LITERALLY RUINING THE OLYMPICS.

gently caress them holy poo poo

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I imagine the gymnastics might be a LITTLE better, but I'm super excited to hear my friends bitching when NBC fucks that up as well and I literally have no way to fix it because they are an enormous idiot fucker-channel who can't make good programming to save their life, because they only pay lawyers to sue people who try to cover things they "own" with any modicum of competence.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

nbc has amazing premier league coverage tho

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
"We are they only ones who are allowed to show you this international event or we will sue you to hell and back, however we are going to show you a commercial for head and shoulders on repeat for an hour instead and never show you anything"
-NBC

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

who watches the summer games any way

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
No one because NBC has covered them for the past two decades and they do not cover them and instead play solid advertisements for two weeks and name the ad streams after olympic events.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
apparently #nbcfail on twitter is trending because everyone has noticed that they seemingly put a single unpaid summer intern in charge of organizing their olympic coverage

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
find a pirate stream or torrent it you fuckin noob

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why the gently caress isnt there

OLYMPICS DOT COM

and anyone around the entire world can pay and stream and every single olympics event is available

]
this iS TWENTYT GOD drat SiXTEEEN

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
literally every single argument against that is a compromise

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

It's just that no country has enough BAWLs to host

well at least when they hold the e-sport olympics they won't have to buy 400 million condoms

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Stereotype posted:

OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE loving KIDDING ME

So I'm watching the China vs Italy women's fencing, and they have a for commercials after the Italian girl, who was trailing the entire match, ties it up and forces over time.

Commercials come back AFTER OVERTIME ENDS. Like, it's only a minute of overtime and it was 15 seconds in but I missed the final point that won the match! I rewound like three times, I couldn't believe it, but literally they skip the pivotal part of the match to play me FOR THE TENTH TIME some Galaxy s7 ad.

It is unwatchable. NBC is such a garbage dinosaur company why did anyone ever sell them the Olympics coverage. It is LITERALLY RUINING THE OLYMPICS.

gently caress them holy poo poo

can you not just use an antenna?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sagebrush posted:

well at least when they hold the e-sport olympics they won't have to buy 400 million condoms

lomarf

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

title is clearly sucking up to Smythe...

really sad

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

NBC didnt show the 100m final live in 2012 lmbo

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Jonny 290 posted:

lol what loving weirdo actually watches the olympics

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

NBC didnt show the 100m final live in 2012 lmbo

or 2008 iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

I put on the CBC stream today and peter mans bridge was just asking athletes what was the most Canadian animals

• Locked thread