Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saturday at 4PM EST, the Metroid II fan remake finally releases, built in the Zero Mission engine with overhauled level design and boss encounters. I will be playing as soon as it's released, anybody else hyped for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hell yeah I'll have to take a break from moving to play it asap

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i shan't be touching this western trash with a 10 foot pole op

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

Saturday at 4PM EST, the Metroid II fan remake finally releases, built in the Zero Mission engine with overhauled level design and boss encounters. I will be playing as soon as it's released, anybody else hyped for this.

i'm

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Oh hell yeah. I wasn't aware this existed but I've always wanted someone to remake Metroid 2 cause as much as I would like to experience that game it looks absolutely hellish to actually play

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

rediscover posted:

Oh hell yeah. I wasn't aware this existed but I've always wanted someone to remake Metroid 2 cause as much as I would like to experience that game it looks absolutely hellish to actually play

i remember when i played it as a kid i found it confusing af and couldn't figure out how to go forward after i killed my like 2nd or 3rd metroid

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

youre right. im also rly hype for this

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

holy poo poo i want this

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

is it played like a regular rom? can i play it on a gba with flashcart?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
This was made in Game Maker, and then ported to something else, it's not a modification of Zero Mission.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i shan't be touching this western trash with a 10 foot pole op

This. I'll play Metroid Prome Federation Force, the official Metroid game, instead.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Omg op

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

holy poo poo!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They did it. Those maniacs finally did it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Gigante posted:

They did it. Those maniacs finally did it.

we have 4 hours for nintendo to shut them down

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

This. I'll play Metroid Prome Federation Force, the official Metroid game, instead.

ty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3 hours. I'll try streaming it if people are interested.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

When I moved to Kuwait after the war at the age of 5 Metroid 2 was one of the only games I had because it was on the Gameboy and my NES wouldn't work across countries. I played hours and hours rolling around and bombing every single surface and I never loving finishe dit

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

But I'd like to play this anyway

Soral
May 30, 2009

today is the 30th anniversary of the metroid franchise. happy birthday samus

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
happy birthday to my best friend Samus Aran

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its out http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Works perfectly with my DS4 and earlyt impressions is that this is really sick. The speed is great and it feels a lot like Zero Mission in its jumping and ledge gripping. Ive already found a way to sequence break using a tight wall jump to access an area early, so this guy gets Metroid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I could only play for 10 minutes but the opening was incredibly promising and I'm shaking at the thought of a new good Metroid game I haven't played

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

In Training posted:

I could only play for 10 minutes but the opening was incredibly promising and I'm shaking at the thought of a new good Metroid game I haven't played

It's good enough that it makes me want to play the actual Metroid 2 after finishing it just for comparison's sake. I probably won't cause that game is super confusing to navigate in byt still

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
No, no, no, no.
Emilia-tan x Subaru
is a terrible ship.
Rem-chi x Subaru
is the OTP.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

started it up on hard mode and it feels almost exactly like zero mission, I'm impressed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

started it up on hard mode and it feels almost exactly like zero mission, I'm impressed

I can't believe it's a game maker game or w/e

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my first item was the spider ball, pretty sure I'm already sequence breaking

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

my first item was the spider ball, pretty sure I'm already sequence breaking

Lol this is exactly what I did. I saw that ledge right in reach and got a bigass grin on my face when you could wall jump up it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://www.hitbox.tv/dahmit

streamin

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

In Training posted:

Lol this is exactly what I did. I saw that ledge right in reach and got a bigass grin on my face when you could wall jump up it

Yes

This is a metroid game for sure.

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
hey, thanks for posting this. looks good. :hfive:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

xechostormx posted:

hey, thanks for posting this. looks good. :hfive:

:cheerdoge:

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
maybe it's because i'm so starved for a new metroid game but i'm at the 4th area now and it's been real good so far. the new stuff doesn't feel out of place and stuff like the quick-switch to morph ball with one button press is great. also i'm on normal mode and the metroid fights are kicking my rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The instant morph ball button is the kind of little touch that I'm going to miss every time I go back to play an old Metroid game again. I also think I might do a chronological thon of the Metroid games now, slotting in AM2R in place of Metroid II.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this game is great and I can't believe it didn't get a C&D order. done streaming for now farewell

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they use this engine to build some original Metroid fan games, it seems like it could make good 2D Metroids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

this game is great and I can't believe it didn't get a C&D order. done streaming for now farewell

nintendo didnt even tweet out an anniversary message today, on my good friend samus' 30th birthday, on any of the 70+ language specific nintendo twitter accounts. metroid is completely off their radar

• Locked thread