Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/kdK43iW.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://u.pomf.is/zhydoa.webm

100%! time to beat the game

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 12, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

100%! time to beat the game

woah

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

avast is blocking this webm..

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Finished it! I really liked it, way better than trying to figure out the original. And now I just realized I've finished all the Metroid games (well except Metroid Prime Hunters). Hooray!

It took me so loving long to realize you could shinespark in morphball mode when I got to that section...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Done! I'd heard that the Metroid Queen was disappointing but she's very brutal and fun on hard mode. I died 4 times then scraped by with half an e-tank remaining. This game is pretty much everything I would have wanted in a metroid 2 remake.

Soral
May 30, 2009

its unbelievably cool that the queen can pick you up in her mouth and you have to shoot missiles straight into her throat and also it's cool that this is a totally missable animation if youre good enough

Soral fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 12, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

its unbelievably cool that the queen can pick you up in her mouth and you have to shoot missiles straight into her throat and also it's cool that this is a totally missable animation if youre good enough

i thought that was mandatory, it is sad that you can miss that! that was awesome. also plz spoil for others its to do w/ the final boss

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 12, 2016

Soral
May 30, 2009

oh yes my mistake im very sorry

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

can you avoid that at the very end of the fight? I turned into a morph ball and unleashed a power bomb inside her stomach

Soral
May 30, 2009

yeah i just unleashed hell on her face in that phase and she never got even close to picking me up but now i wish i did what you did that sounds loving epic

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

can you avoid that at the very end of the fight? I turned into a morph ball and unleashed a power bomb inside her stomach

epic other m ref lol

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

epic other m ref lol

rationally I'm laughing at this

but some part of me deep inside is incandescent at the very thought

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

epic other m ref lol

Actually it's a Metroid 2 ref in Other M, it's always been the ending of 2 iirc. I only played it once like 9 years ago though so I could be misremembering

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
You didn't have power bombs in the original M2 but you could definitely use regular bombs to do damage to the queen. It wasn't a thing you had to do to win the fight though. iirc they did more damage than missiles and you could do it from the beginning of the fight in M2.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

I did a powerbomb before she even got me in her mouth because I had died about 6 times already and was getting frustrated

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

epic other m ref lol

F

Well it looks really freaking cool in this game when you do it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

F

Well it looks really freaking cool in this game when you do it

Does the final boss have a different pattern on hard or does she just hit harder? She kinda reminded me of Mecha Ridley in ZM a bit.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I didn't play normal so no idea

She went back and forth between chomping and shooting green balls and when I did enough damage she blew up the wall with a fireball. repeat 4 or 5 times with different room layouts until the end. she gets really fast on the last few phases.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I've decided I want Metroid Souls to be a game.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Aston posted:

I've decided I want Metroid Souls to be a game.

It's the only multiplayer metroid style that makes sense

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MP2 death match multi was fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

MP2 death match multi was fun

death ball

scan hacking

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Clear Time: 6:06:29
Item Completion: 78%

See You Next Mission

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just saw that metroids drop tons of pickups on normal. they drop nothing on hard lol

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
They just released an update. DL it before it goes away!

http://am2r.freeforums.org/am2r-v1-1-update-t1639.html

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DAGOTY Metroid Prime: Federation Force finally comes out tomorrow! Let the Blast Ball COMMENCE!

Soral
May 30, 2009

please do not troll the grieving

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

DAGOTY Metroid Prime: Federation Force finally comes out tomorrow! Let the Blast Ball COMMENCE!

Could everyone please buy this so they might at least want to make another real metroid

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm being triggered by teribble metroid plot and lore discussion's's

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

frank.club posted:

Could everyone please buy this so they might at least want to make another real metroid

no.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

If people but federation force they'll just make more federation force

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

We all need to buy Metroid II, that will show them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my uncle todl me retro studios has been working on a new metroid game in secret for 4 years since donkey kong and it will be simply amazeballs

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

mysterious loyall X posted:

my uncle todl me retro studios has been working on a new metroid game in secret for 4 years since donkey kong and it will be simply amazeballs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

just beat Kraid in Zero Mission. drat good game so far... I love how quick the pacing is and how well it teaches you stuff naturally. Metroid is the king of doing that imo

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

hrm i'm at this part but when i try to do the ball spark section i just thud against the first downward bend. am i missing something

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
swag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

happy belated 30th anniversary metroid

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/766454720030355456

• Locked thread