Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Omg op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
happy birthday to my best friend Samus Aran

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's cool that Windows 10 broke ds4windows recently

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
even without a working controller atm I can say this game is fully sick. Absolutely play this

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's really easy to infinite bomb jump and do crazy sequence breaks. But now I can't find super missiles or the speed booster lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's fair to criticize stuff, but I think the bosses have been neat.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe it took them this long

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You get it early in Metroid 2

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

i've never played that before. the metroid guys have lost their minds.

you're pretty much required to use it constantly if you're playing the game totally blind without a map. spider ball also totally breaks some things, even in this game. If you can pull off an infinite bomb jump you can luck in a spider ball grab on a wall.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

im glad the timing for bomb jumping is not as strict in this game, got to that one missile tank over the first miniboss after he opens the ceiling with it. you dont really need to luck in with it to cling on walls, maybe sometimes with ceilings

yeah you can just tap the bomb button really fast and luck into the right rhythm, only thing to watch out for is that a bomb explosion cancels the spider ball

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soral posted:

there is a puzzle in the third zone that is kind of crazy and also i can't figure it out. wasn't expecting it at all, though, it's kinda cool

i really really liked the (boss spoilers) the chozo statue boss when you get space jump, when the second phase kicked in and relied on you being able to use and switched up how the boss moved I was totally surprised.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the website is still up

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

Holy mother of God.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I appreciate the prime-style charge beam that draws ammo and health drops to Samus

I like the in game lore that you just get automatically to read

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least you don't lose health when you shinespark

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are they like classic metroid 2 omegas or fusion omegas

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boomstick Quaid posted:

They're kind of their own thing, probably a little more imposing than the fusion one. They're very mobile.

Jesus lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's cool that as the game progress it gets better like the guy who made it progressively improved as it was being made

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
samus has never hunted a single bounty

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I should play Zero Mission.

i'm really not kidding when I say zero mission is one of the best games on any Nintendo platform

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Samus is the most win video game character, imo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think she's just kinda doing that, or the federation asked her to. I guess that could be a bounty.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

Other M is Sakamoto's true vision for the series

I'm glad Sakamoto is fulfilling Nintendo's true vision for him, as janitor

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

DAGOTY Metroid Prime: Federation Force finally comes out tomorrow! Let the Blast Ball COMMENCE!

Could everyone please buy this so they might at least want to make another real metroid

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to die lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah I dunno about that but if the original dudes came back to create prime 4 it would make me extremely happy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I kinda don't want another prime game, because A) I like retro tackling other unique projects, they make good games and B) the main people who made Prime 1/2 left to form Armature and are releasing ReCore in like 3 weeks which looks like a third person blend of Metroid Prime and Mega Man

I just want a metroid

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/arbys/status/766666909290987520

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

youre pathetic

*smushing Arby's beef sandwiches against the visor of my replica power suit helmet* drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah you can get it on 3ds

• Locked thread