Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
I've been smoking a pack a day since i was 12. I'm definitely going to die when I'm 50 if I don't quit.

However, I love to smoke. It is so glorious. I feel like my dick is being sucked by a magical demon who inserts heroin into my dick as she sucks and pulls me further and further into the pleasant abyss (ala Louis Ck.)

My doc prescribed Wellbutrin but it doesn't work at all. How do I actually quit gibbis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

turn 50

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Patches worked for me but only for like 6 months but I'm down to a half a pack a day. Smoking rules.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

karma_coma posted:

Smoking rules.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'll smoke to that OP.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AARO posted:

I've been smoking a pack a day since i was 12. I'm definitely going to die when I'm 50 if I don't quit.

However, I love to smoke. It is so glorious. I feel like my dick is being sucked by a magical demon who inserts heroin into my dick as she sucks and pulls me further and further into the pleasant abyss (ala Louis Ck.)

My doc prescribed Wellbutrin but it doesn't work at all. How do I actually quit gibbis?

Vape Life

Ricardio
Dec 3, 2012

Completely Consensual
Wellbutrin made me want to kill myself.
So I did. I'm much happier now.

You could get one of those robot dicks. They work pretty good. Just don't be an insufferable cloudhuffing idiot.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Transition slowly from smoking to General Snus. White portion, original. Then go to minis or some poo poo. Then get a stupid vape stick and go to non nicotine. OR just quit being a bitch and fix your life with less than 6 slow steps, either way is better than smoking

FBIASSMAN69
Aug 15, 2006

well OP, i'm in the exact same boat (even on that wellbutrin script), but it seems like at this point there are only two possible options. take CHANTIX which violently re-wires your brain into quitting, which unfortunately also carries a very real suicide risk while being wildly effective otherwise, or wait until some extreme smoking related health catastrophe forces you to take serious action in your life.

its a problem tho because for real

karma_coma posted:

Smoking rules.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u get way better drags off an epic quad coil vape than a puny cigarette dude. welcome to 2016

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
stop sucking thom yorke's Dick and the rest is easy

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Ha! You're hosed Op.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

u get way better drags off an epic quad coil vape than a puny cigarette dude. welcome to 2016

what's 2020 going to look like, 32 coils??

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
if it helps I could chain you in a basement for a month

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

ill be honest i stopped smoking like a year and a half ago and i couldnt have done it without switching to vape

now im a serial vapist, i vape all the time without warning, lock up your daughters bitches

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I have quit cold turkey and I have also lost a 120 pounds from diet and exercise.

Ask me which one was more difficult.

I loving dare you.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

I have quit cold turkey and I have also lost a 120 pounds from diet and exercise.

Ask me which one was more difficult.

I loving dare you.

I lost 90 lbs years ago from diet too. I'm sure the smoking was harder.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

AARO posted:

I lost 90 lbs years ago from diet too. I'm sure the smoking was harder.

Yup.

sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008
Everything you love about smoking is a lie. The rewards only exist due to your addiction. Make a list of all the reasons you want to quit smoking (it's easy to make a looong list) and keep it with you. Read your list whenever you want to smoke. Your addiction makes you rationalise all of the reasons why you want to smoke, so you need to have a physical reminder of the reasons why you actually want to quit. Be prepared to feel like crap for a few weeks and don't be a pissbitch.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Here is me after quitting smoking and allowing myself to gain a poo poo load of weight.

I was already 300 pounds when i quit, that picture is me at 350.

This is me today.

Until you are committed to that level of willpower, just keep smoking.

When you're ready, you'll know it.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
how many pants sizes did you go down? Like 46 to 34?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

AARO posted:

how many pants sizes did you go down? Like 46 to 34?

:lol:....never thought of it like that.

48 to 36.

You were drat close.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i have to stop too. im hoping nicotine gum will help and if it doesnt im going to cut off my cock and balls

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

VendaGoat posted:

Here is me after quitting smoking and allowing myself to gain a poo poo load of weight.

This is me today.

Holy gently caress! you're me! I quit about 9 months ago and my appetite has been out of this world, and I'm the same size and everything. Now that I got smoking kicked, gotta stop being a fatass, or at least go back to being a scary fatass.

[edit]As far as how I quit, I quit my smoking of 23 years by just simply stopping cold turkey. I was so sick of smoking that I decided to quit.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

:lol:....never thought of it like that.

48 to 36.

You were drat close.

Must be really nice to buy clothes in normal stores now.

Good job man.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Blow sick clouds dude. Like so sick people stop when they see your sick clouds emanating from the bus stop. Then they honk and say "Sick cloud, bro!" and peel off so the rest of the no one at your bus stop are like "yup that cloud was sick as tits."

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
get hooked on snus like me

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

extra stout posted:

Transition slowly from smoking to General Snus.

poo poo is gross and I felt like a hillbilly, but it's seriously the only thing that worked for me. I was a pack a day for around 15 years. Started using snus and it completely killed any craving I had for smoking. After awhile, I quit the snus, which was remarkably easy. Nicotine free for about 7 years now.

I am addicted to sunflower seeds now, though.

Vastarien fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 6, 2016

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
It wasn't until after some time of having quit smoking that I realised how disgusting people who smoke can smell just right after having had a cigarette. I don't know how I ever thought people didn't notice me having smoked.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

VendaGoat posted:

This is me today.

You look great, congrats!

Anyway, smoking is the name of my existence. If there is an addiction gene, I've got the addiction version of Klinefelters. Everything I touch I become wildly addicted to, ramping up my intake until it's reached absurd levels. When I drank, I started with a martini a night until I was going through a 1.5L a day of vodka starting with breakfast.

Anyway, I started smoking when I was 11 or 12 by stealing my mom's Virginia Slims, and now I'm up to almost 4 packs a day. It's gross and expensive and everybody looks down on you when you smoke. I have young nephews and if I ever saw one of them take it up they're getting a good nut punching.

I feel fine, but my dad died at 58 from CPD, his feet completely black. Horrible. He also spent lots of time in coal mines in his 20's because he invented a tube system that went down into the mines and exchanged air with the outside. So who knows which it was.

I'd love to not be a smoker and at the same time I just can't imagine not being a smoker.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

I know what needs to happen with my fat rear end. 100% super bust out mode. All clean eating. Chicken breast and broccoli. No alcohol. 1 year of that and I'll be back to 170 again. I'm just so loving lazy. And I drink way too much these days.

AARO fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 6, 2016

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Same, op. I really need to quit but it is so drat good. The alcoholism in my family didn't take but I am hella addicted to smoking. If smoking sucked and tasted terrible I'd be able to stop with comparative ease but it owns so much. And it's real cool also, of course.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Just get a vape. Don't buy the poo poo disposables or the cheap starter kits. They'll break down and you'll just go buy more cigs. Drop $125-150 or so on a good unit and some 8mg liquid. Next time you buy liquid get 6mg. Then 4, then 2, then 0. You can sell your vape afterwards and recoup some cost.

I wasted so much more money on other methods trying to stop but this taper worked, after I went through about 3 lovely vape pens that leaked and failed. Just don't cheap out on a lovely one because it's gonna break and you'll find yourself in the car on the way to the gas station.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Vaping sucks though. It's not nearly as good as blowing tubes and it's not cool at all. Idea rejected.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

building vape coils is therapeutic for me at least, i get a pretty good sense of accomplishment using power tools and poo poo to make my coils look all fancy and all that hard work and a sick cloud with 40 smoke rings afterwards is satisfying plus it tastes like strawberries

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Tom Gorman posted:

Just get a vape. Don't buy the poo poo disposables or the cheap starter kits. They'll break down and you'll just go buy more cigs. Drop $125-150 or so on a good unit and some 8mg liquid. Next time you buy liquid get 6mg. Then 4, then 2, then 0. You can sell your vape afterwards and recoup some cost.

I wasted so much more money on other methods trying to stop but this taper worked, after I went through about 3 lovely vape pens that leaked and failed. Just don't cheap out on a lovely one because it's gonna break and you'll find yourself in the car on the way to the gas station.

I bought one of those stupid Blu starter kits that has the pack that charges the cigarette. It never broke, but I just couldn't do it. It tasted like a cigarette, felt like a cigarette, but as soon as I smoked it I wanted a real cigarette. It was the damndest thing.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

You just gotta think of vaping as wearing braces. Looking like a dork for a while to achieve greatly improved quality of life is worth it. I don't know any former snaggletooths who regretted getting braces.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

criscodisco posted:

I bought one of those stupid Blu starter kits that has the pack that charges the cigarette. It never broke, but I just couldn't do it. It tasted like a cigarette, felt like a cigarette, but as soon as I smoked it I wanted a real cigarette. It was the damndest thing.

10000x this. i smoked probably 1.5 to 2 full packs a day of marlboro or camel reds a day while i was in the navy and even the max nicotine levels i could get out of a vape didnt stop me from hitting the nearest open store for a fresh pack of cowboy killers

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the damage is already done mate

its too late

might as well keep smokin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Iron Prince posted:

10000x this. i smoked probably 1.5 to 2 full packs a day of marlboro or camel reds a day while i was in the navy and even the max nicotine levels i could get out of a vape didnt stop me from hitting the nearest open store for a fresh pack of cowboy killers

Did you get the max nicotine available in the disposables or drip liquid from a shop?

The place I went to goes up to 28mg nicotine before they start cautioning you, a couple pulls of it and I'd get light headed and I was around 1.5 packs a day.

I think the Blus are typically like 6mg.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 6, 2016

• Locked thread