Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

Oh I was being sincere, I really do want to hold him as a back up for a few weeks at least, see how Rivers copes without Keenan. Umm lemme see what I can figure out...

So was I. It was a good pickup for you. He's not a WW player, he shouldn't even have been there.

But that trade offer was uh... yeah.

I wouldn't have done that trade in redraft, let alone one where I control Nuk for years at such a good price.

I also don't want to trade Gordon. He could also potentially be a great value for a few years.

e: Just to clarify that when I was saying make a trade offer, I was expecting a swap for like Doctson or Diggs. Someone with potential that I don't necessarily want to lose, but could afford to in order to make up for my own mistake. Trading away my starters had not entered my mind.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

So was I. It was a good pickup for you. He's not a WW player, he shouldn't even have been there.

But that trade offer was uh... yeah.

I wouldn't have done that trade in redraft, let alone one where I control Nuk for years at such a good price.

I also don't want to trade Gordon. He could also potentially be a great value for a few years.

e: Just to clarify that when I was saying make a trade offer, I was expecting a swap for like Doctson or Diggs. Someone with potential that I don't necessarily want to lose, but could afford to in order to make up for my own mistake. Trading away my starters had not entered my mind.

Yeah, the keeper difference was what I figured would kill it. But I guess I don't get the objection in straight redraft. I wouldn't be very surprised if Jeffery matches or beats Hopkins this year, given the second half of last year in Houston (when they weren't a trash fire that threw on like 70% of plays) and the lack of any other targets in Chicago. A QB1 with a soft schedule isn't worth nothing, too. I tried to find some lesser guys to target, but none really made sense. I've got enough depth guys, I need starting upgrades. Anyway, no worries, like I said I thought the keeper value difference would be too much, but had to try :)

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

How come last year no one would trade me a wet paper towel for a super-bargain-keeper Cameron Neutron yet now Derek Carr is a valued commodity?

edit: Is there a way to look through trade proposals from last year? Just going through my email, here are all the rejected offers:

Week 4: Cam Newton & James Jones for CJ Anderson & Davante Adams. Also Cam Newton for CJ Anderson straight up.
Week 6: Cam Newton for Steve Smith
Week 10ish: Cam Newton for John Brown

mega dy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 16, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dy. posted:

How come last year no one would trade me a wet paper towel for a super-bargain-keeper Cameron Neutron yet now Derek Carr is a valued commodity?

edit: Is there a way to look through trade proposals from last year? Just going through my email, here are all the rejected offers:

Week 4: Cam Newton & James Jones for CJ Anderson & Davante Adams. Also Cam Newton for CJ Anderson straight up.
Week 6: Cam Newton for Steve Smith
Week 10ish: Cam Newton for John Brown

Haha, I remember you trying to trade him and not being interested, but don't think I had CJA, Smith, or Brown. I do remember wishing I'd met your crazy low asking price once we were later in the year, though. Just trying to overcompensate for our bad decisions from last year!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, the keeper difference was what I figured would kill it. But I guess I don't get the objection in straight redraft. I wouldn't be very surprised if Jeffery matches or beats Hopkins this year, given the second half of last year in Houston (when they weren't a trash fire that threw on like 70% of plays) and the lack of any other targets in Chicago. A QB1 with a soft schedule isn't worth nothing, too. I tried to find some lesser guys to target, but none really made sense. I've got enough depth guys, I need starting upgrades. Anyway, no worries, like I said I thought the keeper value difference would be too much, but had to try :)

:respek: It's all good.

As for my objection in redraft:

I'm probably more down on Jeffery than others (and possibly higher on Hopkins, I suppose.) Even if you were to call them even, then Carr for Gordon still wouldn't work for me. Carr is technically a QB1 I guess (12th in ADP this year), but at that level I find most QB's pretty much interchangeable. I wouldn't mind having WInston, Dalton, Stafford, etc... Gordon OTOH is a lottery ticket with a solid chance of a very high return.

I think Tyrod and Alex Smith are a level below those guys, but the difference isn't that much.

My 2c

eta: It wasn't my worst trade offer of the day. Someone in another (keeper) league offered me DeMarco Murray and Michael Crabtree for AP and Gordon. Like, what?

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 16, 2016

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i dont want to trade anyone unless im winning the trade by massive margins, i play fantasy

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

:respek: It's all good.

As for my objection in redraft:

I'm probably more down on Jeffery than others (and possibly higher on Hopkins, I suppose.) Even if you were to call them even, then Carr for Gordon still wouldn't work for me. Carr is technically a QB1 I guess (12th in ADP this year), but at that level I find most QB's pretty much interchangeable. I wouldn't mind having WInston, Dalton, Stafford, etc... Gordon OTOH is a lottery ticket with a solid chance of a very high return.

I think Tyrod and Alex Smith are a level below those guys, but the difference isn't that much.

My 2c

eta: It wasn't my worst trade offer of the day. Someone in another (keeper) league offered me DeMarco Murray and Michael Crabtree for AP and Gordon. Like, what?

Wait, what offer did I send hahah. I thought I was only asking for Hopkins, not Gordon. Jeffery and Carr for Nuk... Though I still thought the keeper price made it probably on the wrong side of even from your point of view.

And I gave it some more thought and actually think I'm lower on Hopkins and higher on Jeffery than many. I sold off Hopkins in the two dynasties I had him, as I didn't think he'd repeat last year, and ended up with Jeffery in both goon keeper leagues I'm in and bought him up in another dynasty. I think he's got this weird injury prone stigma that isn't real that's bringing down his value a bit. Not that I'd prefer Jeffery straight up, just that I don't think there's too much of a gap this year.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 17, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yah, just checked the trade email and no Gordons were involved :) I wasn't trying to extort you that bad.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
loving :lol: I was totally conflating the trades in my head. Sorry bro.

So, who wanted to trade me Cameron Neutron? :D

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Revenge!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
When Brady is back, heads are gonna roll.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Alex Smith carried me to the promise land...

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Everyone but Antonio brown for me

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
My team :negative:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Khal Tebow has a bunch of WRs but is relying on Rawls and Woodhead for RB2 and 3. Hit me up if you've got the reverse problem!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
We meet again Tyrion. Round 3 should be another close one. No pressure, but I'm pretty sure the winner will hold the division.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I finally found some time at work to do a lovely photoshop, so I uploaded a new logo. It's real bad. (Sir Jameis Lannister)

RVProfootballer posted:

Khal Tebow has a bunch of WRs but is relying on Rawls and Woodhead for RB2 and 3. Hit me up if you've got the reverse problem!

I've got a bunch of RB 2/3 types that could be had - Langford, Mckinnon, Ware, Henry. I don't really consider myself a contender this year, so keeper value would be important to me in a deal.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I always feel like I"ve made a terrible mistake immediately after making a trade. Already looking ahead to next year!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Marshmallow Blue posted:

We meet again Tyrion. Round 3 should be another close one. No pressure, but I'm pretty sure the winner will hold the division.

I'm up by 35 and yet not at all confident. That Saints' D is atrocious.

I take solace in the fact that I get Gordon back next week, and (presumably) Charles back at some point this year. :wtf:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

I'm up by 35 and yet not at all confident. That Saints' D is atrocious.

I take solace in the fact that I get Gordon back next week, and (presumably) Charles back at some point this year. :wtf:

Freeman will have to produce something besides a steaming turd

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Just 32.5 points in 3 quarters no problem

Edit: :siren: Injury Report! Tyrion My Wayward Son just tore his ACL

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 27, 2016

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That Saints D was somehow even worse than expected.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Only the Saints could make two RBs on the other team both RB1s that week.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I am the goddamn Quarterback Whisperer.

Except, like, the opposite.

Nice pass, Tannehill! How'd you throw that from my bench?!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

I am the goddamn Quarterback Whisperer.

Except, like, the opposite.

Nice pass, Tannehill! How'd you throw that from my bench?!

Should have paid 14$ for Thomas Brady and picked up elite free agent Matty Ice.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 30, 2016

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Should have paid 14$ for Thomas Brady and picked up elite free agent Matty Ice.

LOL if you don't have an NFL record holding QB in your flex. Step it up boys or it's gonna be a long year!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

LOL if you don't have an NFL record holding QB in your flex. Step it up boys or it's gonna be a long year!

Does Edelman hold the best record for QBR in the playoffs? Gotta be perfect right?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Pryor had the longest QB TD run as a raider and broke a record this weekend for rushing, passing and receiving a certain number of yards, his gear from the game is in the HOF.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Cleveland Bronns and I are going to wreck the league with our record holding QB / Receivers

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Please give Tebow all your RBs.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
theres no way anyone has worse RBs than me

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I paid $50 for a RB that doesn't play. That may be worse. :(

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I have like five of the top 26 rbs. Not sure what I need, but I open to offers.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
All these great QBs . I just don't know what to do with myself when Touchdown Tom gets back.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loving rip me. 4 weeks in an already more or less relegated to hopefully playing late-season spoiler.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Oh Snapple! posted:

loving rip me. 4 weeks in an already more or less relegated to hopefully playing late-season spoiler.

I'm not saying there's a direct relationship between fantasy success and hilarious team logos, but i'm definitely implying it

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Soooo... anyone want Josh Gordon? :lol:

e: Also, shout out to my boy Nuk for making GBS threads all over himself. Again. Way to be a top 5 pick, rear end in a top hat. :argh:

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 3, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Soooo... anyone want Golden Tate? :lol:

:suicide:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

That Saints Panthers D was somehow even worse than expected the Saints D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I'm not saying there's a direct relationship between fantasy success and hilarious team logos, but i'm definitely implying it

Unfortunately I'm completely lacking in the skill to edit this:

to something more appropriately GoT-themed

• Locked thread