Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
The judge calls you to approach the bench and asks you what your excuse for not being able to serve as juror, what do you say?

I'd like to hear ya'lls excuses.

Mine was "I will pick the person who lies less regardless of the evidence. And I'll pick the person that is least likely to return back to food stamps, meth, making illegitimate children, and would probably contribute most to society"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Just say youre an anarchist and reject state power as inherently abusive and illegitimate, and that your conscience would compel you to return a verdict of not guilty regardless of the facts of the case.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't make any excuses. I just sit in the juror lobby and never get called.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

"Well your honor, Sonic the hedgehog sez that all modern courts and established justice systems are an abomination unto mobius and the chaos emeralds and it is my duty as a sonic fan to throw a wrench into the cogs of this draconian machine."

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
just dont sign up for selective services dummy

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Every time i just tell them that i empathize with whoever is gonna make less money in the case because the judge and his cronies are gonna take 50% anyways and i might as well drag them down since i dont have any other kind of power.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

kill whitey

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

"i really do not like blacks, mexicans, asians, arabs, or whatever other curiosity you g-men retards can produce. i will call them guilty for anything, every time"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Was some sort of property case involving a church. Priest was there wearing a bright purple button-up shirt with a huge fugoff cross around his neck.
Judge or lawyer(I forget) asks me if There is anything that would prevent me from making a fair decision. I point to the priest and say "I already hate this guy. Looks like he should be giving communion at a Lakers game."
5 minutes later I was out of there

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

also, "i do not trust any form of expert testimony"

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
"I regularly post on the Something Awful forums to help me with any and all decisions I make in this gay life."

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I am in love with the judge :blush:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i am a felon

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tuxedo Gin posted:

i am a felon
Felons can't be on jury? How do repeat offenders get juries of their peers :confused:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Black lives matter

*Is found dead in a jail cell the next day*

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
No thanks, i am gay

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cant go to jury duty because id be arrested

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I masturbate to dead police officers

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I have an advanced degree in science

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I'm a convicted pants shitter

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
i'd just poo poo my pants, OP

edit:^ :hf:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I got picked for a murder trial so my job had to pay me to sit in court for a week and listen to a man get gunned down on a 911 call over and over.

Changes the pace for a bit, I suppose.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Say you'll always push for the death penalty, even in traffic cases.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Millie posted:

I got picked for a murder trial so my job had to pay me to sit in court for a week and listen to a man get gunned down on a 911 call over and over.

Changes the pace for a bit, I suppose.
Did you get fired directly afterwards for "unrelated" reasons?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Oberleutnant posted:

Just say youre an anarchist and reject state power as inherently abusive and illegitimate, and that your conscience would compel you to return a verdict of not guilty regardless of the facts of the case.

alternatively just starting asking "what is real??" over and over

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If you ever have to actually show up for jury duty you're doing it wrong. Just work out of the country. I've missed out on about a decade of jury duties because of college and work. They'll never get me.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

a hole-y ghost posted:

Did you get fired directly afterwards for "unrelated" reasons?

No, I don't work for dickholes. Long time ago when I worked in retail, my manager was super-pissed that I had jury duty. I was only gone for 1 day too. So I'm guessing that happens to people who have those kinds of jobs?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't the pay like 5 dollars for one whole day of jury duty?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
im white

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

AEMINAL posted:

i'd just poo poo my pants, OP

edit:^ :hf:

Forever shall I call you "friend"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This will just result in you being placed into an all white jury judging a white cop for the shooting of a "thug".

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Volume posted:

It was $20 a day for me. But my job reimburses up to 2 weeks of pay on top of that.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

too busy sucking dick and pounding pussy

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Volume posted:

yes but your employer still has to pay you.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
"I hate homosexuals, and I don't think I could act as an impartial juror when the judge is so clearly homosexual".

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
AIDS.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

polio king posted:

yes but your employer still has to pay you.

Unfortunately, no,(except in a couple of states)although by any logic they should.

Many decent jobs for larger companies will, and most/all government jobs will, but the poo poo jobs won't pay you. And although they're not supposed to, some of them will gently caress with you over it, too.

That's why there's always a preponderance of retireees, SAHM's, and government workers on the juries when it's a long, drawn-out case.

Edit: there's a couple of states that mandate pay, Connecticut, for one.

JnnyThndrs fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 6, 2016

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
About 10 years ago when I was on jury duty, the courts paid me $15 a day or something. My job paid me my normal hourly wages if I showed proof that I went(letter from the court) AND gave them the money the court gave me. I of course did the first and didn't do the second and they never called me on it. I was the alternate juror too so I didn't even have to actually judge the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Salty Josh posted:

The judge calls you to approach the bench and asks you what your excuse for not being able to serve as juror, what do you say?

I'd like to hear ya'lls excuses.

Mine was "I will pick the person who lies less regardless of the evidence. And I'll pick the person that is least likely to return back to food stamps, meth, making illegitimate children, and would probably contribute most to society"

Your honor, I'm really really gay so I should probably be excused.

• Locked thread