Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

I know nothing about this game, but I'm gonna trust the thread when they say Imperials are better than Stormcloaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Blue Labrador posted:

Definitely go Stormcloak. One day, when Ulfric Stormcloak pats Mr. Puffles on the back, looks him in the eyes, and says "you're one of the good ones", that's all the vindication our proud kitty warrior will ever need.

...and then we murder him?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Imperials might have an actual retirement plan!

Also, when Ulfric's political stance is based around being a tough guy viking, and the first thing the Stormcloaks do is run from a Dragon fight while even the underpaid town guard tries to handle it? They are probably a pretty poo poo fantasy viking regardless of race relations :colbert:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 11, 2016

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
:siren: Attention Skyrim Denizens! :siren:

I have figured out exactly what went wrong in my first video (and to a lesser degree the second) that made the quality so shredded. Turns out that I'm an idiot -- you already knew this -- and had the ratios on my recording software set in probably the worst way possible for my situation. :downsrim:

The issues have been fixed and the videos will be downright watchable from this point forward in the series!

Thank you, continue voting for the Stormcloaks or Imperials at your leisure. Episode 3 will be out about 9 hours from this posting.

...:catdrugs:

UZworm fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 11, 2016

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Note: They're all still going to be 4:3, because UZworm is playing off a CRT he inherited from the ancient lineage of UZ and can't see the two thirds of the game screen if he sets it to 16:9.

I may or may not be embellishing some facts.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Actually, there IS a stamina-restoring spell, sort of. One of the Restoration perksfeats makes healing spells restore stamina on top of the health benefits they offer.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Note: They're all still going to be 4:3, because UZworm is playing off a CRT he inherited from the ancient lineage of UZ and can't see the two thirds of the game screen if he sets it to 16:9.

I may or may not be embellishing some facts.

It's probably closer to "may not", honestly. I still live in 1997 in terms of both my technology and knowledge of such!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I say we join the Stormcloaks. After all,what kinda moron joins up with the people who just tried to kill him?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VolticSurge breaking new ground with his hot Skyrim takes.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Well,that's just kinda how I always roll whenever I play this,honestly.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: UPDATE :siren:

Episode 3: Mr. Puffles' Pretty Cool Gem

Iron Chitlin and Loco join Mr. Puffles in Bleak Falls Barrow. I'm wrong about a lot of poo poo, some of it on technicalities. But at least I can read!

UZworm fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 12, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Please do not put Mr. Puffles' claws in animals.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Just so you know, this is the address to your first video

Youtubes making some judgement calls my friend.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
We were joking about that in my discord. That was truly Mr. Puffles' catbox of the series.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

The Imperials are jerks, but the Stormcloaks are bigger jerks. Join the Imperials.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Section Z posted:

Also, when Ulfric's political stance is based around being a tough guy viking, and the first thing the Stormcloaks do is run from a Dragon fight while even the underpaid town guard tries to handle it? They are probably a pretty poo poo fantasy viking regardless of race relations :colbert:

This.....this has got to be the most beautiful anti-Stormcloaks argument I've ever seen.

I never thought of that.

Ofecks posted:

This is the proper way to play Skyrim.

Good to see someone approve :downs:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Are you planning on getting some Dawnguard on for the best waifu? The Soul Cairn and follow up quest Touching The Sky are paramount for truly enjoying Skyrim.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Imperials, because it makes the Dark Brotherhood questline really awkward.

Also get the mod that lets you adopt up to six children so you can save all the solitary orphans. Mr. Puffles should be a friend of all children. :unsmith:

Feb 24, 2013

join the Thalmor, assuming there's a mod for that

FrozenCherry
Nov 12, 2013

Question is: should Mr. Puffles get married?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FrozenCherry posted:

The real question is should Mr. Puffles build his own house?

yes

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

UZ are we going to get any accordion covers of the Skyrim soundtrack from you?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

ultrabindu posted:

UZ are we going to get any accordion covers of the Skyrim soundtrack from you?

I don't know if I'd call the ambient background haze of music in-game a "soundtrack".

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

mauman posted:

This.....this has got to be the most beautiful anti-Stormcloaks argument I've ever seen.

I never thought of that.

I still need to get around to "Play farther than the first dragon fight", but that's basically been my main justification of wanting to side with the Imperials over the Stormcloaks... even though I never got around to the civil war stuff anyways.

"Hmm, yes. Overworked secretary who didn't want me executed anyways helps lead me to saftey, while the Stormcloaks all gently caress off after talking up how viking they are as Not Valhalla gets a sudden influx of town guard souls."

I'm sure the Imperials end up to be terrible at their job. But at least at first appearance, they are at least trying to do their job :v:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

UZworm posted:

I don't know if I'd call the ambient background haze of music in-game a "soundtrack".

You really know how to break a guy's heart.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Holy poo poo I forgot how bad the default UI in Skyrim was. UZ, why would you do this to yourself?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Grizzwold posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot how bad the default UI in Skyrim was. UZ, why would you do this to yourself?

I think of it like self-flagellation to continue karmic justice for that awful Mario 3 LP I did a while ago.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Grizzwold posted:

Yeah. I know you're trying to avoid mods, but SkyUI is one that I would implore you to use immediately.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

UZworm posted:

I will end you

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

FrozenCherry posted:

Yes and only monsters don't marry Shahvee :colbert:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

FrozenCherry posted:

It is pretty convenient to have a shop in your house.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Section Z posted:

I'm sure the Imperials end up to be terrible at their job. But at least at first appearance, they are at least trying to do their job :v:

Actually, the Imperials were doing a great job. They were about to execute the leader of the Stormcloaks right in the intro, after all.

e: Also, you can hit people with torches and deal fire damage to them. It's the same button-combo as shield bashing.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 14, 2016

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: UPDATE :siren:

Episode 4 - Mr. Puffles Meets a Dragon

That's right, we finally have dragons to worry about! (The first episode doesn't count.) Highwang and Loco join me on our dragon-hunting quest.

Also, we finally have our first partner! Unfortunately, Lydia is kinda garbage. I'm calling off the Imperial vs. Stormcloak vote -- Imperials won by a solid margin -- and am now asking y'all to let me know... who's your favorite partner in the game that I can access? (None of the College of Winterhold people that I'd have to quest to reach or anything.)

Or if you want me to just keep using Lydia, you can vote for her. Gogogo!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Esbern is 100% my favorite follower by virtue of what a sad, lovely man he is.

Just look at him.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 16, 2016

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
As much as I love Esbern, doesn't doing the main quest kind of kill your making him a permanent follower?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm really racking my brain for memorable followers. The only one that even remotely comes to mind is vampire teenage chick, solely due to how she has more of a personality than anyone else.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Ramos posted:

I'm really racking my brain for memorable followers. The only one that even remotely comes to mind is vampire teenage chick, solely due to how she has more of a personality than anyone else.

Yeah, since she was added in Dawnguard she was made like 10x better than any other follower. She'll even interact with objects nearby when she's left to her own devices and poo poo.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
just use Lydia for now and later use the Dawnguard gal

Alternatively, make a quick trip to the that Dark Elf outpost (dragonborn dlc) and pick up the snarky Dark Elf mercenary that wears the weird helmet. He has a surprisingly large amount of dialogue and is also really good in combat. Though now that I think about it you'd have to wait till that quest activates.

mauman fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 17, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I've heard there is apparently some kind of violent smurf?

Alternatively Use whoever you like that quests won't screw with using

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

UZworm posted:

Yeah, since she was added in Dawnguard she was made like 10x better than any other follower. She'll even interact with objects nearby when she's left to her own devices and poo poo.

Well, go with her then.

• Locked thread