Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
My kids are 6&7, girl and boy. They've been taking turns playing all day today. We created their own PS4 accounts and each has their own little world to explore. They love this game.

My husband is complaining that he bought another space game for him to enjoy alone and his whole family has taken over his game. We are all taking turns and having a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lowtax posted:

I love how christmas sales let you do something fun for 2-3 hours

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Sometimes after playing GTA for hours I would leave the house and feel like stealing cars and robbing people. After so many hours of NMS I stepped outside today and thought okay good temperature, no radiation or bio suits needed, Ooo there's even a moon! Flora and fauna: abundant. Sweet.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

muh nomans.....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The biggest thing that blows my mind is that you can probably 100% a planet without exploring more than a few hundred miles around where you landed on it except for like waypoints which would just be a matter of flying to whatever one you're missing I guess. It's a shame really.

planets have a ton of waypoints on them , not just the 5 you have to get to "100%" it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Your gf sounds incredible. Congrats

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I got a refund for this on PS4. Went into the support chat and requested it politely and the rep responded so quickly it was like she was copy pasting it for everybody who was asking lol. Still feel like an idiot for buying it but at least I'm not out $60

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Benny D posted:

Why would they issue a refund to a gamer who can't complete a side quest

lol 👌🔥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The reasoning for that bugs existence was cool. Apparently a lot of games, instead of trying to generate random numbers because it's a pain to do well, just look at the system clock for the number to put into the RNG. This is what they did on the PS3 version of FFXHD, and when they ported it to PS4 they forgot to change the thing that said it was a PS4 clock instead of a PS3 clock so it just defaulted to 12:00AM 1/1/1900 and everybody got the exact same seed for every RNG outcome in the game, meaning no matter how many times you tried to beat a boss the outcome wouldn't change if your strategy was the same. Bizarre

You could probably have pulled off some weird TAS style poo poo in the unpatched version then , that's interesting

• Locked thread