Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

mind the walrus posted:

Y'know Fassy Michael is a very pretty man, but I don't understand why everyone loves him as David. It felt like he marathoned Star Trek: The Next Generation and said "now what if a good actor did that?"

David is a legit very interesting character, pretty much the only interesting part of the film other than the men-only abortion machine. While the movie farts around with a bunch of dumb religious bullshit and really doesn't have anything much to say, a whole bunch of aspects of David were wonderful, and not just Fassbender's awesome performance. He's the only character that has any narrative wit whatsoever (Charlie Holloway: "They're making you guys pretty close, huh?" David: "Not too close, I hope.") and he's the only character with any agency (he literally drives the plot except at the very end when he's metaphorically castrated and Noomi grows up a little bit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Also I too liked Alien 3 very much, warts and all

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You Killed Jesus You Assholes Now Prepare For Space Goo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Frankenstyle posted:

(Smart)

But don't tell anyone here, because they'll get all jealous and poo poo.

Man you can't be showing your hand like this

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

nomadologique posted:

i'm curious is it technically castration if your entire body gets cut off not just your weewee?

its like, turbo castration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Sounds incredible, where do we airdrop the cargo planes full of money

e: just the money, not the planes themselves

• Locked thread