Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is Naughty Dog's final Uncharted game, and the first for the PS4. If you don't know about Uncharted, it's about Nathan Fillion stealing treasure, blowing up roughly 700 to 1,000 men, and then destroying an ancient civilization. He also has an immortal grease grandpa that is kept together by tape and glue. It might be my favorite Uncharted game, just beating out Uncharted 2, but I'm still not sure yet! The directors of this game last did The Last of Us, and there's a very noticeable influence from that game's design on this one, especially narratively. It's still actiony and goofy, but you're gonna see a lot more character moments than before. Also boxes. I should mention that this game is extra rewarding if you've seen/played the previous 3 games, but they're not required to enjoy this one.

THREAD RULES
Just don't spoil the game! It's very story focused and has a lot of really cool moments and set pieces that I'd like to remain unspoiled, both for the audience and for Ironicus. Thank you!!!

OUR PREVIOUS UNCHARTED LPs
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

VIDEOS
Episode 1: The Game of Strife.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 2: Pyrate Falsehoods.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 3: DeviousDrake69.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 4: Alcázar.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 5: Sully.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 6: Dude-Seeking Punch Missile.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 7: Monk House.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 8: Porch Light.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 9: Punchin' and Lunchin'.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 10: The Dragon.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 11: Point and Shoot.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 12: The Two Cathedrals.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 13: Spicy Bread.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 14: Say Cheese!.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 15: Tight Graphics.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 16: Save the Rec Center!.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 17: Peep Pipe.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 18: Skin Care.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 19: Big rear end Map.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 20: CM.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 21: Sluice Gate.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 22: RSVP.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 23: Macho Nacho.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 24: JAWS.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 25: A Thief's End.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

CHIPDO IRONICAST
Chipod Ironicast #19: Platinum.....Libsyn.....Download

STREAMS
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Stream
The Adventures of Aiden Pearce and Adam Jensen

GEXTRA LIFE 2016
The Gextra Life Pre-Stream
Gextra Life 2016 Playlist

OTHER VIDEOS
A Look at the Nier: Automata Demo

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

is :firstpost: probate-able?
who cares.
Another Chip thread :toot:

sout fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 8, 2016

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
I've been looking forward to this ever since the game first released! I can only hope that this game contains nearly as much Sully as 3 did.
So good luck and all that.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to see all the prime Sully this game has to offer. :dance:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bxfenns posted:

I've been looking forward to this ever since the game first released! I can only hope that this game contains nearly as much Sully as 3 did.
So good luck and all that.

This game succeeds in having a fairly even amount of supporting characters.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Frankly, how often Sully is on-screen should be the definitive metric for deciding which Uncharted game is the best game.

Or any game, really, but I can see how it might be considered unfair by some.

MichaelGreyFox
Jan 18, 2015

A E S T H E T I C S
ive actually been waiting for this for a little while now. i wanted to play 4 since i played the rest of them but i quit around what felt like half way through. i think i was around chapter 14 or 15 i stopped?

i always wanted to see the rest of it but i never wanted to play it. the game just wasnt really doing it for me this time around for some reason

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I got to say, as much as I like Uncharted 4 overall, It's got a couple problems that I bet will come up from time to time during this let's play. They're not really anything that will spoil the game per say, but I'm kind of reluctant to mention what they are due to the nature of the let's play.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I played a few hours of this but couldn't get into it despite enjoying the first three Uncharted games (and even the PS Vita one for what it was). There's nothing wrong with the game or anything, it's still very good but I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. Maybe I'm just tired of the Uncharted formula by this point.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
With some of the jumps I've seen the Drake family do when they're kids, I'm thoroughly convinced that they are budding superheroes or some kinda mutant. Kid Nate goes *flying* at times.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
Man, this game was a lot of fun. It may not have set pieces on the same level as 2 or 3, but the platforming, exploration, and gunplay might be the best. However, despite liking aspects of the plot, I felt that the writing was weakest in this one.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

If I ever get a PS4 in the future. I'm definitely getting the Uncharted Collection after watching your previous Uncharted LPs.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

I'm so happy you're doing this already. Such a nice looking game that seems great.
I've even gotten used to how Nathan looks now, at first it was so weird :D

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

My face right now:

So Chip, what's your plan of attack regarding the season pass? My guess is that most/any of the story DLC won't be out yet by the time this LP is over. Are you going to tackle those separately or are you going to leave them be?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well final game until Unkarted.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The city with the orphanage might be Philadelphia. Colonial structures, political buildings, skyline and the Schuylkill River.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I love that this game just lets Nolan North and Troy Baker pal around.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that

JordanKai posted:

My face right now:

So Chip, what's your plan of attack regarding the season pass? My guess is that most/any of the story DLC won't be out yet by the time this LP is over. Are you going to tackle those separately or are you going to leave them be?

The story DLC will most likely end up being a separate LP. From interviews it sounds like they are still really early on in the development of it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
IT ENDS!

Well it's the beginning of the end.

End is in the title.

I'ma watch the video now.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Oh man they hired people that really would write and speak spanish for the spanish parts? Most devs don't even care about that! I still shudder at how everyone pronounced "colibrí" in Peace Walker.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

This is going to be the first Uncharted LP that I've gone into without playing the game first, never got around to picking this one up. Uncharted 3 left a bad taste in my mouth and I thought I was done with the series, I was going to play this one but it just came out at a bad time for me and I had other stuff I wanted to play first.

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Adnor posted:

I still shudder at how everyone pronounced "colibrí" in Peace Walker.

Two words:Hideo Kojima. He was probably more focused on making sure the singing robot fights work or that Zadornov escapes a sufficient number of times to worry about little things like "authenticity".

Also nanomachines

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Pretty impressed with the way the clothing wrinkles in real time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I love how little Nathan looks kind of like Mikey Walsh from The Goonies, in fact a lot about UC4 reminds me about the Goonies which is why I love it so much

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
It really needs to be emphasized how pretty this game is. Naughty Dog's art design coupled with the PS4's graphics allows them to make some absolutely spectacular looking visuals.

Game's a lot of fun all around, and yeah it's a tough call between this and 2, but there's a couple of mechanical tweaks that I think give this game the edge. This is the first Uncharted game that I'm actually taking the time to play through again to collect everything, because it's a fun enough game that I really wanted to play it again right after I finished.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

When my phone alerts me Chipcheezum uploaded a new video

I'll be the first to ask but how about Multiplayer?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When they drop from the ladder the gate says Saint Francis -- 1016. Didn't pull up anyplace obvious with that address, but there was a St Francis Boys Home in England that was home to horrific child abuse.

sulphagne
Mar 30, 2011

The Council, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Your Uncharted 2 LP got me into the series and I loved the hell out of this game. Glad you did too! Looking forward to you doing cool poo poo I couldn't pull off.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
alright alright I'm getting a PS4

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
I'll admit, I won't be surprised if Nathan's real surname isn't Drake, and that he has - at best - a tenuous tie to Sir Francis from his mother's side. I always got the feeling it was just a story he made up, and his fascination with treasure hunting and explorers/adventurers seems to support it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
This is the best Uncharted. Hands down it's the best one. It plays the best and it has the best story. Plus there's one bit in a video or two that's freaking amazing and will never stop being amazing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like the pacing in this game compared to the others

you can tell they took a lot from tlou with them into this

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo look at that real time clothing wrinkling o-o

Ground floor for a chip LP gently caress yeh

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Apep727 posted:

I'll admit, I won't be surprised if Nathan's real surname isn't Drake, and that he has - at best - a tenuous tie to Sir Francis from his mother's side. I always got the feeling it was just a story he made up, and his fascination with treasure hunting and explorers/adventurers seems to support it.

They basically say as much in the third game. Someone did a background check on Nathan and his only connection to Drake is the one in his head.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Apep727 posted:

From the disciplinary form, his last name begins with an M.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Bruceski posted:

From the disciplinary form, his last name begins with an M.
He's clearly a descendant of Captain John Marchant, who accompanied Sir Francis Drake on several expeditions! :pseudo:

(I hope that's not an actual plot point in this game or I'll look very silly)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

He's clearly a descendant of Captain John Marchant, who accompanied Sir Francis Drake on several expeditions! :pseudo:

(I hope that's not an actual plot point in this game or I'll look very silly)

I'm guessing Christopher Marlowe.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
And so it begins.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is the best Uncharted and I'm excited for this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

• Locked thread