Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

TheLoser posted:

Chip, if you're sure about not playing multiplayer, you should at least show off the best thing about it.

Oh my god :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

TheLoser posted:

Chip, if you're sure about not playing multiplayer, you should at least show off the best thing about it.

:vince:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
At the very least please make that loop during your next podcast.

Twiggymouse
Mar 4, 2013

Well, take this with a grain of salt, but

TheLoser posted:

That's the real treasure, right there.

SplitScreenGamer
Feb 16, 2017

Bringing back the fun of local multiplayer gaming!
If there was a game that would cause me to get a PS4, it would be this.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
:siren: SEX ARCHIE

Episode 1: Episode 4: Is She Your Booty Tutor? Where we discover the possible truth behind something it was past time to move on from... AND THEN WEEP FOREVER
RSS

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TheLoser posted:

Why does this person have dozens of Uncharted 4 dancing videos?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Why does this person have dozens of Uncharted 4 dancing videos?

Are you saying they can't dance if they want to?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

chiasaur11 posted:

Are you saying they can't dance if they want to?

Can they leave their friends behind?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I always felt like the damage system in a game like this is "luck"--you're a really lucky guy, but when the screen is all gray, it's not that you've gotten shot up a lot, it's that you've gotten grazed a lot and your luck just ran out.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

TheLoser posted:

That video repeated for me twice before I realized it was auto-looping. Mesmerizing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

I always felt like the damage system in a game like this is "luck"--you're a really lucky guy, but when the screen is all gray, it's not that you've gotten shot up a lot, it's that you've gotten grazed a lot and your luck just ran out.

I think this is the explanation given directly by the developers.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

chitoryu12 posted:

Hell, that's officially what hit points represent in D&D since the first edition. A fighter with a lot of hit points can't be stabbed in the chest more often, he's just better at avoiding being stabbed in the chest.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So C&I's Uncharted 4 LP got mentioned on Waypoint today, weirdly.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Whoa, I was expecting a passing reference, but the LP is a core part of the article. An exploration of the Chip & Ironicus LP experience

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TheLoser posted:

Uncharted Row IV

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Clearly one of the first "treasures" The Drake Morgan bros got from their mom was an old west lucky bracelet.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

chitoryu12 posted:

It was the official explanation in the Brothers in Arms games, because regenerating health is dumb and WW2 was lethal as gently caress. Also meant you didn't get red all over your screen all the time.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

General Ironicus posted:

Episode 1: Episode 4: Is She Your Booty Tutor? Where we discover the possible truth behind something it was past time to move on from... AND THEN WEEP FOREVER
RSS

The cover for this episode is really something special. :stonk:

Even four episodes into this show, I still only barely grasp what Archie is. While it's certainly watchable, the show really doesn't try to get me invested in the characters. It just assumes I already know and like all of them. The podcast helps, but I'm still just watching it with the same confusion that I also experience when watching Baseball or Cricket.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

General Ironicus posted:

RSS

I can confirm that Jericho was good. Not surprised it got cancelled, but what was there was good.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Hell, that's officially what hit points represent in D&D since the first edition. A fighter with a lot of hit points can't be stabbed in the chest more often, he's just better at avoiding being stabbed in the chest.

Which is why 'bloodied' was a thing in 4e; at around half HP you reasonably HAVE taken a decent hit, but it hasn't killed you.

Of course, a lot of other RPGs didn't really grasp this concept. Especially when video games started happening and so they had to actually depict losing HP somehow.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cleretic posted:

Which is why 'bloodied' was a thing in 4e; at around half HP you reasonably HAVE taken a decent hit, but it hasn't killed you.

Of course, a lot of other RPGs didn't really grasp this concept. Especially when video games started happening and so they had to actually depict losing HP somehow.

GURPS, my preferred system, gets around this by having weapons be hideously lethal (an average baseline human has 10 HP and a .30-06 rifle is liable to deal up to 15 points of damage with a solid torso hit, while a 9mm pistol will deal about 4 points minimum) and making it relatively difficult for unskilled people to reliably make hits. Since the system is modular, though, you can build characters on really high point values to reflect extremely skilled and durable characters like Nathan Drake who keep bouncing back from injuries.

You can also get a more cinematic feel with the Luck Advantage (which lets you re-roll bad rolls, with more expensive versions of the Advantage giving you more re-roll opportunities before a cooldown period) and "Flesh Wound" rules where the players can spend unspent Character Points to ignore all but 1 point of damage when they're hit (and potentially go into debt if they have no unspent points, so they get fewer or no points as a reward when the adventure ends).

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm gonna miss ya Chipcheezum thread. Since Chip is presumably building a backlog that surpasses Metal Gear, there won't be any off topic dicussions inbetween updates.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Quick someone do a terrible pun

e: vvvv no that's a punt whew thread saved

jyrque fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 20, 2017

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

jyrque posted:

Quick someone do a terrible pun

Is that like when you try to kick a ball, but fail half-way through and just fall on your rear end?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
good lp, chip and ironicus. thanks for going through the effort, i really appreciated it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't dig the game as much as many did and liked voicing every minor complaint I have about it which is on ND and Sony, not C+I, but the LP was real good and I'm looking forward to the video where Chip shows the platforming fail scenarios and what not that he brought up a couple of times during.

• Locked thread