Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«134 »
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

TraderStav posted:

You’re really making me jones for a rewatch, even though I just did my first time through a few months back.

You'll want to eventually, there is a lot of fun foreshadowing that you missed. There are episodes without much, especially in season 1, but I think literally every episode has something foreshadowing in it that you probably didn't notice the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

I'm the babyliberal, gotta love me!

Yeah, I started watching towards the end of 2nd Season, and then when I was watching reruns I found out so much was foreshadowed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grand Fromage posted:

You'll want to eventually, there is a lot of fun foreshadowing that you missed. There are episodes without much, especially in season 1, but I think literally every episode has something foreshadowing in it that you probably didn't notice the first time.

I'm most of the way through s1 on a rewatch, and it's honestly quite underrated imo. The station feels so much more gritty and alive, Sinclair is way better and more interesting than Sheridan and even gives the impression of having had sex at least once, the space shots are better... the lows are pretty low tbf, but there aren't that many of them. i feel like later on there was a lot of gesturing - here's a room with some crates and a swirly light! DOWNBELOW! while in the first season they're kind of visibly excited to put some stuff on screen.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I do really like the vibe of the show before the main story arcs begin. When I rewatch I don't find any part of the show bad. Seasons three and four are certainly the best, but I don't think there's a bad run of the show, just a scattering of subpar episodes. You gotta get into the movies to hit truly bad B5.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grand Fromage posted:

I do really like the vibe of the show before the main story arcs begin. When I rewatch I don't find any part of the show bad. Seasons three and four are certainly the best, but I don't think there's a bad run of the show, just a scattering of subpar episodes. You gotta get into the movies to hit truly bad B5.

the gathering is bad but they helpfully concentrated the badness with extreme precision into not-ivanova and not-franklin. thirdspace i thought was fine, just a decent long ep.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

punch.gif

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

McCloud posted:

The thing with Babylon 5 is that every episode has small little building blocks to the greater narrative. I don't think there's any episode that is safely skippable past season 1.

It's like I said a couple months ago, watching Atonement:

Vavrek posted:

Callenn: "You would destroy the purity of our race!"
Delenn: "But our race is not pure!"

And people say Infection is skippable.

Son of Sam-I-Am
Feb 12, 2002

TraderStav posted:

I remember finding that to be a very profound episode. I loved it.

You’re really making me jones for a rewatch, even though I just did my first time through a few months back.

When I showed it to my wife and we finished season 5, she immediately wanted to start over and go through it again (and we did). She had been pretty skeptical through season 1 and paid attention only in part, until it started getting truly consistently excellent.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Season 1 is much better seen directly after s5

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

While I always liked this show, I actually drop/lost track of it somewhere in season 4 as it originally aired. I caught a few episodes here and there but never completed it. I recently did a full watch.

Show’s good.

AntherUslessPoster
Feb 12, 2019

Universe existed for 13.8 billion years before humans and will exist for trillions years more after the last human is forgotten.
So what was your problem again?

McCloud posted:

smug Mollari

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

I'm the babyliberal, gotta love me!

That's more of a hopeful Mollari.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Slamhound posted:

While I always liked this show, I actually drop/lost track of it somewhere in season 4 as it originally aired. I caught a few episodes here and there but never completed it. I recently did a full watch.

Show’s good.

This short post was a rollercoaster to read because I was extremely concerned you didn't watch all of season 4, but then you confirm you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntherUslessPoster
Feb 12, 2019

Universe existed for 13.8 billion years before humans and will exist for trillions years more after the last human is forgotten.
So what was your problem again?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's more of a hopeful Mollari.

I was tempted just to link Mollari's wikipedia page because he's naturally smug. He's Centauri after all.

«134 »