Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«34 »
remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I started a marathon of this show about a week ago and and am about to finish the second season. I love this show.
Two things...

One. Is there some sort of clause in the contract for every sci fi show that stipulates that in order to be made it must at some point include Jack the Ripper?

Two. When Kosh saved Sheridan from his fall, and all the various beings looked upon his true form and said aloud the name of the deity they were perceiving, that set into motion in my brain a chain of events that resulted in my forgetting the Vorlon's name temporarily and hearing Sheridan call him Gosh after being saved. I was very amused for a moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeardo
Aug 21, 2000

Someone bold, someone blue, someone borrowed, someone new...

Grimey Drawer

"Well Gosh, they were all really impressed down there, I can tell you."

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Now Iím picturing Goofy as Sheridan.

Gawsh, get the heck out of our galaxy, ayup.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

We are all Gosh.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It doesn't help that boxleitner comes across as so homespun and aw shucks charming at times.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Narsham posted:

Short version: B5W is to Star Fleet Battles as B5 is to Star Trek.

In that case it's really, really too bad there was no B5C.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Fallen Rib

Pretend I quoted every post about B5 wargames and responded with a picture of Londo holding up the Londo doll

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

I had a dream last night that I won a call-in trivia show hosted by Alex Trebek. My final question required me to know that Babylon 5 had a crossover episode with Seinfeld. I know this didn't happen, but... it's too bad.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Tell him about the Twinkie.

Pick posted:

I had a dream last night that I won a call-in trivia show hosted by Alex Trebek. My final question required me to know that Babylon 5 had a crossover episode with Seinfeld. I know this didn't happen, but... it's too bad.

Well, Ian Abercrombie appeared on both shows in the same year...

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

(in high pitched falsetto)"I've had it with you higher races coming in here and starting wars now turn off this conference call and get the hell out of our galaxy!"

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Pick posted:

"It's the Summer of Kosh!"

"This spoo is makin' me THIRSTY!"

Jerry walks up to a Vorlon. It stares at him for a moment before saying *Jerry. Hello.*

"Why is this Narn wearing an eyepatch?"
"Emperor, you said you wanted his eye..."
"I said I wanted RYE! Marble rye!"

Bester and Jerry look down to see no sign of the shipping containers full of Dust, save for a mail-carrier's bag. They meet each other's eyes and say in unison, "NEWMAN!"

Close on a landing bay, empty save for a single shuttle. They climb in. Sheridan tries to start the engine. It fails.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Ask me about my calm and reasonable opinions on cycling!

I am in no way a zealot about cycling!

Cycling helmets are ABSOLUTE HARAM!

Timby posted:

Well, Ian Abercrombie appeared on both shows in the same year...

Elaine has to dance around her boss

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

I noticed watching Despicable Me yesterday that Gru has the same voice as Londo. Which is neat.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Tell him about the Twinkie.

Marmaduke! posted:

I noticed watching Despicable Me yesterday that Gru has the same voice as Londo. Which is neat.

I'm now imagining Steve Carell doing impressions of Peter Jurasik in the recording booth to warm up.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Narsham posted:

"It's the Summer of Kosh!"

"This spoo is makin' me THIRSTY!"

Jerry walks up to a Vorlon. It stares at him for a moment before saying *Jerry. Hello.*

"Why is this Narn wearing an eyepatch?"
"Emperor, you said you wanted his eye..."
"I said I wanted RYE! Marble rye!"

Bester and Jerry look down to see no sign of the shipping containers full of Dust, save for a mail-carrier's bag. They meet each other's eyes and say in unison, "NEWMAN!"

Close on a landing bay, empty save for a single shuttle. They climb in. Sheridan tries to start the engine. It fails.

You could recycle the script for the episode where George is mistaken for a right wing extremist and stuck in a private limo with his followers. "The Minbari uses the Narn as muscle in their war against... human colonies must expand, "

And have George's father in the line up of earth religions with the Festivus poll.

mojo1701a
Oct 8, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Baka-nin posted:

And have George's father in the line up of earth religions with the Festivus poll.

I love this like you wouldn't believe.

Frank: You seen the pole, Mollari?

and then later Lennier saying, "I find your belief system fascinating."

Bieeardo
Aug 21, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Baka-nin posted:

Oh my god, yes.

Bieeardo
Aug 21, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Friend says: "Airing of greivances against the Vorlons."

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Watched Sleeping in Light today, finishing off the rewatch I started back in March.

It is a little over 20 years since Into the Fire was transmitted (February 1997); Sleeping in Light is set around the same relative time, and yet it has seven of the principal cast survive. In real life that number is only four.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!

Grimey Drawer

Sheridan - still alive
Delenn - still alive
Ivanova - still alive
Vir - Actor dead
Garibaldi - Actor dead
Franklin - Actor dead
Zak - Actor dead
Lorien? - still alive

I'd just about forgotten Stephen Furst died this year.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Peter Jurasik is still alive, although Londo was not by this point.

Oh, and Bill Mumy and Pat Tallman but they're not quite so central

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly representing vanilla legends 1994-2014

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Peter Jurasik is still alive, although Londo was not by this point.

Oh, and Bill Mumy and Pat Tallman but they're not quite so central

Mumy was main credit cast for the entire run, he's definitely central.

Of the original S1 main credit cast Andrea Thompson is also still alive.

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Let's get our doughnut on

Well, it's almost a new year, and you know what that means - time for a new opening monologue.

And we all need to film new character cards. What do we think, rotating-on-a-plinth style like G'Kar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

I vote for "wacky outtake"

«34 »