Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«65 »
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Ask me about my calm and reasonable opinions on cycling!

I am in no way a zealot about cycling!

Cycling helmets are ABSOLUTE HARAM!

Expired Vitamin posted:

I'm with Londo; I don't get the fuss about Rebo and Zooty.

That's the point though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

But Londo did get it.

Zooty Zoot Zoot!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

I wrapped up season 2 and got through the first episode of season 3. I'm not moving through this with the same momentum I had during season 1, but I'm still determined to finish it all by the end of 2018.

-Very disappointed in the way that Talia was written off. I know that all the characters were supposed to have "trap doors" in case they needed to leave like this one did, but this didn't feel foreshadowed or planned. (And of course the whole premise of the episode was that it was sudden and totally by surprise.) Plus I was just starting to get into the relationship with Ivanova.

-Kind of surprised that the Narn/Centauri war evolved the way it did. (I don't want to say "wrapped up" or "resolved" because it's still ongoing, but it has definitely changed tone.) I was expecting it to be a backdrop for more conflict throughout the series but it seems like that's maybe going to be de-emphasized.

-In the episode with the Vorlon inquisitor I was really hoping that the test would be for Delenn to throw off her manacles and say "gently caress this, I know I'm worthy". I got invested enough in that possibility that the actual outcome of the episode was a little disappointing. Also disappointing: I misheard the inquisitor's address when he was introduced and spent some time believing that he might be Sherlock Holmes.

-I feel like I should say something about Kosh in the garden but I've got nothing. I think the garden set is so clearly green-screened in comparison to the rest of the series that it's harder for me to take scenes there seriously. Which is a shame, because that was a good scene.

-Lennier is my beautiful, sweet, pure baby boy and I hope nothing ever harms him. Him tumbling over as the new ship jumped was adorable.

-Marcus's introduction to the series felt a little abrupt, like a new player joining an established RPG group and leveling up to match the party right away. I'm not saying he should have been slow-rolled onto the main cast, just that he seemed a little eager to show off his cool fighting stick loadout.

-Overall the first episode of the third season got everything off to a good start. It set up conflicts, established some dire stakes, but gave us some hope. Can't ask for more than that.

dreadmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I think Talia's actor jumped ship.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

I wondered if there was some real-life resentment from her or the scriptwriter that bled into the episode because the final scenes had a real visceral feeling of "gently caress you, I never cared about you, I'm leaving and you can't stop me". Or maybe it was just really well acted, I dunno.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I think a little of column A and B. Basically the actor decided she was insensible and played hardball with her salary and JMS had the trap door and told her metaphorically to go gently caress herself.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

dreadmojo posted:

I think Talia's actor jumped ship.

I vaguely remember years later she turned up as an anchor on CNN Headline News of all places and Jon Stewart made fun of her once. Unless that was a fever dream I had.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Delsaber posted:

I vaguely remember years later she turned up as an anchor on CNN Headline News of all places and Jon Stewart made fun of her once. Unless that was a fever dream I had.

She did indeed. Also briefly married to Jerry Doyle. They have a son.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Fun Shoe

Delsaber posted:

I got curious.

https://www.cc.com/video-clips/mi0k...---this-is-cnn-

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

But it soon became quite clear that while losers flourished everywhere, winners were a rare and reticent breed with preferences for camouflage and anonymity.

Biscuit Hider

Doctor Zero posted:

I think a little of column A and B. Basically the actor decided she was insensible and played hardball with her salary and JMS had the trap door and told her metaphorically to go gently caress herself.

Thompson's marriage to Doyle was disintegrating at that time too, and if you had to pick between them, Garibaldi was the one to keep.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

Thompson's marriage to Doyle was disintegrating at that time too, and if you had to pick between them, Garibaldi was the one to keep.

I keep seeing this, but "Divided Loyalties" was shot in early 1995, and Doyle and Thompson got married that year and divorced two years later, so the timing g doesn't add up.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

quote:

Lennier is my beautiful, sweet, pure baby boy and I hope nothing ever harms him. Him tumbling over as the new ship jumped was adorable.

I think I jinxed it. Beginning of the next episode, he gets critically injured in a bombing. He better pull through.

e: and of course he does. That was a great episode, got to be in my top 5 so far. I missed my train stop by being too engrossed with Londo and G'Kar trapped in an elevator.

wizzardstaff fucked around with this message at Nov 16, 2018 around 01:45

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I can hear you.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

wizzardstaff posted:

e: and of course he does. That was a great episode, got to be in my top 5 so far. I missed my train stop by being too engrossed with Londo and G'Kar trapped in an elevator.

That is quite possibly the best single scene in the series.

There are a lot of other great scenes, but that particular one is transcendent.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

Which isn't to say, like, it's all downhill from here or anything.

Just ... more like, that scene is pretty much why we're all here.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

I'm the babyliberal, gotta love me!

Wait, wait, wait, wait... her co-anchor was a journalist called Miles O'Brien!?!?

J33uk
Oct 23, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Wait, wait, wait, wait... her co-anchor was a journalist called Miles O'Brien!?!?

Even better he was very much their go to guy for space stuff.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

I'm the babyliberal, gotta love me!

Also love that innocent, boyish, pre-9/11 J-Stew thought that CNN had hit rock bottom then.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

ConfusedUs posted:

That is quite possibly the best single scene in the series.

There are a lot of other great scenes, but that particular one is transcendent.

That scene in particular was stellar, but it was a great episode in many places. Londo nervously telling jokes in the med bay in one long, continuous shot. Lennier enduring a close-talking human in the spaceport. Not only were these good character moments but they also snuck in some exposition for people rejoining the show at the start of a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014
Proudly supporting Lowtax's medical care 2018

wizzardstaff posted:

I think I jinxed it. Beginning of the next episode, he gets critically injured in a bombing. He better pull through.

I hear you, man.

«65 »