Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
It has a feeling of audio drama - maybe he got involved with Big Finish?

As to the TV series, he’s still adamant it’s coming (apparently there’s someone high up at the CW who is really fighting for it)…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Zaroff posted:

As to the TV series, he’s still adamant it’s coming (apparently there’s someone high up at the CW who is really fighting for it)…

The person JMS says has been fighting to make the remake happen is CW CEO Mark Pedowitz, and he's staying as CEO when the Nexstar takeover goes through

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's the worst name ever

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Seemlar posted:

The person JMS says has been fighting to make the remake happen is CW CEO Mark Pedowitz, and he's staying as CEO when the Nexstar takeover goes through

And to mr bad name’s credit; the nogo order last year was apparently specifically to protect the B5 pilot from the great ongoing tax slaughter, and make sure it got bought post-merger when it had a clear landing spot and wasn’t likely to be a victim of or merger murder.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

It's a group photo, signed by five of the eight cast members present, prints available on etsy.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Something that occurred to me as I rewatched the show is that while Londo is responsible for the deaths of millions, he is also deeply responsible for the forming of the alliance, and it could be argued that without him there would be no alliance. It was him, first coming to G'kar with the idea of having both support Sheridan's war, and then him and G'Kar getting the other worlds to agree, that helped pave the way for the alliance. Without those actions, it's possible no alliance would have been formed. Or at least it would have been more of a struggle.

It's a tragedy when we watch the future talk about the history of the alliance in DOFS, and the two people that were hugely instrumental in the formation of it, Londo and G'Kar, are not mentioned.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

theblackw0lf posted:

Something that occurred to me as I rewatched the show is that while Londo is responsible for the deaths of millions, he is also deeply responsible for the forming of the alliance, and it could be argued that without him there would be no alliance. It was him, first coming to G'kar with the idea of having both support Sheridan's war, and then him and G'Kar getting the other worlds to agree, that helped pave the way for the alliance. Without those actions, it's possible no alliance would have been formed. Or at least it would have been more of a struggle.

It's a tragedy when we watch the future talk about the history of the alliance in DOFS, and the two people that were hugely instrumental in the formation of it, Londo and G'Kar, are not mentioned.

Londo is an absolute case study in how to create and portray a deeply complex character.

As for being pivotal players forgotten by history, well - who but historians would know anything about Alexander Hamilton if 1.) His wife and children hadn’t spent decades advocating for his legacy and 2.) if Lin-Manuel Miranda hadn’t written a smash musical about him?

History is rough. Some people are lucky and get their parts reexamined. Some people will get forgotten completely, even if we are still feeling the impact of actions they took.

Gyrotica fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 1, 2022

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
In regards to the Earth Alliance and Clark, we don't really know enough about the former to infer much about the latter. What we do know is that, similar to the Republic in Star Wars, Clark didn't so much corrupt the Earth Alliance as enable the darkness within it. If we go into some of the EU materials, such as the Psi Corps trilogy which details the earlier days of the Earth Alliance, we know that the EA is the sort of state that was rather eagerly invading and subjugating nations on Earth who refused to join.

The thing about Clark (and Bester, really) is that pretty much everyone we see in the series lived through the Earth-Minbari War. Yet it's never detailed what it meant to Clark. He's older than Sheridan -- what was he doing during that existential conflict, how did it relate to who he became? Similarly, what did Bester do? Sometimes, for such a major (and recent) conflict, I feel like the ramifications of the Earth-Minbari War were never really explored beyond, like, some humans are racist now and some Minbari don't like Sheridan because they think he's dishonorable.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

The thing about Clark (and Bester, really) is that pretty much everyone we see in the series lived through the Earth-Minbari War. Yet it's never detailed what it meant to Clark. He's older than Sheridan -- what was he doing during that existential conflict, how did it relate to who he became? Similarly, what did Bester do? Sometimes, for such a major (and recent) conflict, I feel like the ramifications of the Earth-Minbari War were never really explored beyond, like, some humans are racist now and some Minbari don't like Sheridan because they think he's dishonorable.

The second book of the Psi-Corps trilogy spells out what Bester did in the War, and it's as nice as you'd expect. It was also how he successfully argued for the formation of Black Omega Squadron, if you ever wondered why he has a personal Starfury when telepaths were barred from military service.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Jedit posted:

The second book of the Psi-Corps trilogy spells out what Bester did in the War, and it's as nice as you'd expect. It was also how he successfully argued for the formation of Black Omega Squadron, if you ever wondered why he has a personal Starfury when telepaths were barred from military service.

Did it? I thought it basically skipped over all of that, just telling us that Bester scanned Minbari prisoners. I know pallasite had some more fanon-esque interpretations, but I don't think the Psi Corps trilogy ever spelled out how and when Bester was placed in command of the Black Omega squadron nor why it was allowed form, leaving the reader to think it was a secret Psi Corps squadron when the series itself indicates it's a recognized Earthforce outfit. I think the most we get is that Bester argued for "years" to form it, and then Psi Corps let him have it to keep him busy. But is there more than one Black Omega squadron?

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 1, 2022

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1571522433395351553

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Very curious and excited to see what we might be getting tomorrow.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

My greatest fear is a crowdfunded pilot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jedit posted:

My greatest fear is a crowdfunded pilot.

Don't even joke. :negative:

I would think such a thing would be off the table considering this is by Warner Brothers. Unless something happened that I might have missed.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Pilots are insanely expensive since they have to build everything and do all the costuming and stuff for them. B5 has a solid fanbase but I can't imagine JMS thinks he could kickstarter $30 million for it.

Good thing we only have to wait a day for me to look stupid. :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If it's B5 NFTs I'm going to drive to California and poo poo on JMS's face.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sad :lmao:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hahahaha

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The replies to that tweet are legit touchin&

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
So long as it isn't NFT related, I'm sure there'll be a lot of support. Well, a lot given the size of the fanbase.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

lmao

JMS should set a realistic target with the understanding that the cash will be gambled.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1571878278788517888?s=46&t=hxtP8VdoX813rLe4uv9pxg

I guess WB suits told JMS it has to trend on twitter to get a pickup.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh thank god. I was hoping JMS was online enough to know kickstarters or NFTs were bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At least give me a AAA Babylon 5 video game.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I said come in! posted:

At least give me a AAA Babylon 5 video game.

:hai:

I'll take a Star Fury simulator

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I've still got the files for IFH somewhere, I think.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
#1 on trending, though if I were an executive I'd be more interested in raw numbers of tweets. (I avoid Twitter as much as I can and do not know if that information is easy to get,)

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Iron Crowned posted:

I wonder if they still have the stuff they filmed from when they tried to do that with Sierra. If it was just 6 months away from completion, you could probably upscale that bit and build a new game around it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

That or an adventure game with all of Babylon 5 explorable.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I said come in! posted:

Bug report: Gray Sector has only 29 levels instead of the expected 30.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I said come in! posted:

The monkey's paw curls and it's made by Bethesda or CD Projekt Red, so it's an unplayable mess until after three years of patches and DLC.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Timby posted:

The monkey's paw curls and it's made by Bethesda or CD Projekt Red, so it's an unplayable mess until after three years of patches and DLC.

Bethesda would make me never want to play it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Leisure Suit Larry 8 was supposed to be set in space, but never got made. Babylon 5: Keepin' it sleazy

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Bethesda games are excellent mod showcases and Cyberpunk was fantastic the day it came out so I'm on board with either.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pat Tallman is plugging the reboot campaign via Facebook.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I liked and retweeted it.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/ClaudiaLives/status/1571933686857334784?s=20&t=03529k05Wh3TXOS0pbMFWA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Gyrotica posted:

I wonder if they still have the stuff they filmed from when they tried to do that with Sierra. If it was just 6 months away from completion, you could probably upscale that bit and build a new game around it.

Wing Commander: Prophecy had a couple of ships that kept inertia and those were my stand ins back in '98.