Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

If you want to see Walter Koenig duck behind things and shoot at people?

buddy I got a show you should see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Jedit posted:

I did it, people. I watched Grey 17 Is Missing without screaming. Then I finished off S3 as a brain purge.

The main story of that episode is fine, even good. And Garibaldi’s adventure is just stupid enough to be passably entertaining.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Lochley giving Sheridan poo poo for rebelling against an earth government that was literally controlled by ancient demon aliens was always baffling to me pre-2016, alas

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

1. Babylon 5
2. Crusade
3. The first half of the first episode of Sense8 before I turned it off

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Babylon 5 is a story about a bunch of inevitable wars that pit Good vs. Evil. That moral simplicity and righteous violence is probably pretty tempting to a conservative mindset.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Ayin posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, if you thought Shadows vs Vorlons was Evil vs Good, you may have missed the point

Yeah it was very sudden but it was Good vs. Evil still. The Good of “freedom for your species to pursue its own destiny” vs. the Evil of “ancient species using you like pawns”. It was pretty clear cut, no grey area there.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Warrior, Religious, Hufflepuff

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Can you imagine if they had got Brian Blessed in the show? :swoon:

He’d be a great First One

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I’ve only ever seen the DVDs and that definitely looks so much better

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The first three attempts to remaster Babylon 5 were sabotaged. The fourth vanished mere moments after hitting store shelves.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Season 5 would've been a lot better if Claudia Christian had stayed on.

I always forget about this until the end of season 4 and then I get sad again.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

We are unfortunately still at the “burnt to a crisp by a nuke but still alive” stage of this analogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Tom Paris would never shut up about Rick and Morty