Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

This thread has got me really wanting to rewatch B5, but out here in Hong Kong we can't get it on Amazon Prime. Any Asia Goons know of a way to watch it in this region?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Byron’s an embittered ex-psicop who grew his hair long, which is a less interesting character than a Marcus or that guy who played Gaius Baltar type; both are far more believable as charismatic cult leaders.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

I would hope the rank and file of B5 would have known better after living through the Shadow War and the Civil War. They weren't fed a steady diet of lies and propaganda about what was going on, they knew what Clark did at every step. Also the regulars who she dresses down the with speech fold like deck chairs, as if they're embarrassed when they should be infuriated by this nazi talking down to them after what the people she collaborated with did to Sheridan and the President she stood with almost wiped out the entire population of Earth.

Don’t let’s be beastly to the Vorlons.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Small White Dragon posted:

He's under a fair bit of makeup but I was amused to realize that Bruce Boxleitner is playing the President of the Planetary Union on the Orville.

He’s playing him as Lincoln though, more than as Sheridan (or at least that’s how I read that character)

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

I thought the point with the Centauri was that the Shadows were luring them into overstretching themselves, attacking their neighbours on every border simultaneously such that even with Shadow tech, they were barely staying on top of it. Once the Shadows inevitably stopped supporting them they would collapse and there would be a chaotic power vacuum from which you’d get some survival of the fittest, which was the actual Shadow goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Yes, the galaxy burned, but on the other hand we got Vir’s 👋 scene so it was a net positive.