Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
I was one of the people who watched it for the first time because of the last thread. I didn't watch any science fiction as a kid in the 90s, except for Stargate on occasion, I just don't remember it being on TV in Australia. So since about 2011 I've watched all of the Star Trek series (except most of Voyager), a bit more Stargate and Babylon 5.

Star Trek always seems to miss the mark for me, it occasionally hits on the profound but mostly it's a few bad episodes and a whole bunch of mediocre episodes. Not that Babylon 5 was flawless, there are a whole bunch of really bad episodes I never want to see again, but on the whole the picture it painted was far superior. Star Trek by comparison just feels void of character, you knew that the impossible situation would be resolved, and nobody important would get hurt, or even have their character react to the horror they just experienced.

Basically, Lando and G'Kar stuck in an elevator makes Babylon 5 the better series. Even if it is cheesy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The airdate for Sleeping in the Light was 25 November, 1998.

Wait... Oh poo poo. :suspense:

What?

vvv Yeah... let me repeat, what?

Anarchist Mae fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 18, 2017