Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Is "The Gathering" not on amazon prime at all, even for purchase? I sure can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Can someone remind me what the best season 1 episodes are? I'm attempting a rewatch, trying to remember what to look forward to before season 2.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

He's a pretty big rear end in a top hat in season 1.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

When the parents want Dr. Franklin not to operate on their child. It's in reference to the medical procedure done on him in The Gathering

The most skippable episode of season 1 so far, the only reason to watch is to see Kosh speak two compete sentences back to back. I almost skipped it when I realized which episode it was.

Although I didn't see it as a reference to what happened earlier, but maybe I'm not picking up on something. Kosh considers his people as a pebble in this metaphor?

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I'll just say, although I thought about and posted about not wanting to watch a certain episode in season 1 another time, I so far have watched all of them anyway. There is a lot of good world building and character building and setup throughout the season. I've been surprised even having seen it before, there's a lot I forgot about.

The two most tedious episodes were alien child "SEAN" and religion, and Ivanona and religion. For some reason, maybe my own personal hangups, the show's handling of religion feels heavy handed.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I finished watching season 1 on Google play, and started season 2 on Vudu. I see the difference in the cg, it is very noticably better to me. But I noticed right away that all the non cg stuff was better on Google play. I did a side by side of one episode, and the non cg on Google is actually legit widescreen and I think it's also less grainy. So no matter what we have to lose something to watch depending on choice. Why the hell is there no fully decent version of this drat show?

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Dr. Franklin is kind of a creep in The Long Dark. He is SUPER handsy with a patient that is physically and psychologically at his mercy.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

My god, it's beautiful.

Jedit posted:

No, I mean the WB exec who won't allow a HD remaster.

Also, Zat, thank you for the explanation to my previous question.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Sheridan literally says, in a season 2 episode I recently watched, that his wife could still be alive for all he knows. This is when Kosh and Delen are trying to get him to release Morden. They set it up for viewer speculation.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Jedit posted:

That's the ep we're talking about. But Delenn literally contradicts him by saying that those who wouldn't work for the Shadows would be killed. Sheridan doesn't start to accept that Anna is dead until after that, because he knows she would never work for them. As it turns out he was right and Delenn was wrong, but as painted she's the one who has the knowledge and we're not meant to think that either she is mistaken about the Shadows or that Sheridan is mistaken about his wife.

Fair point, but I think it's perfectly reasonable at that point to doubt that they are certainly right and she must be dead. I think we're meant to be unsure and wonder if she could still be alive. Nothing they could say can contradict that Morden is there, and the series has already shown that minor plot details will come back to matter at future points.

The real question is: Why did Morden quit his cushy bridge job from the pilot? A perfect place to spy for the shadows. :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
The scene with Londo and G'kar stuck in the elevator in Convictions just made my day. I had forgotten about that scene. I'm about to burn through season 3.