Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Technically that just involved redefining the terms.

Like how America outlawed slavery but gave themselves a loophole with criminals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vavrek posted:

The 13th Amendment clearly says slavery is banned, except

Yeah but if you ask most people if prisoner labor is slavery they will say of course not.

Propaganda can do much more than legal definitions

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

mossyfisk posted:

wait until you hear about feudalism

Feudalism did make notice of craftsmen

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Goblin Craft posted:

I think my main failing is that when people ask "why would a conservative like this show," I don't realize it's a rhetorical question and no one is actually interested in hearing an answer.

I went back to look because I thought i missed a tangent but you are the guy who got mad at cable news. I wouldn’t even have known you where conservative going by that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I think it’s important to remember conservative is a bit of a broad term especially in America. Realistically CNN and MSNBC are pretty conservative but just not in the way say fox is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol you think anything public related has cash for basic maintenance let alone cleanliness in the US.

If it can’t kill someone there ain’t no funds for it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don’t think you need rigorious sourcing for this really.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean it’s more likely JMS is just like that from what I remember from his time as a comics writer

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Why are you acting like a child

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Great Man just says that the individual in the figurative sense not the literal sense.

Like Great man theory does not need a single person to do everything because history doesn’t work like that. Like even great man proponents are more than willing to say Ghengis Khan needed his many talented generals or Napoleon needed his staff. Even the great men wer neeefed to put it together

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Like the opposite to great man theory is that anyone could have accomplished what was accomplished and the ones that did did so because they were born at the right time and place

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s on the streaking service Hdive last I saw it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean fantasy has been doing that for a while.

It happens a lot in wheel of time and man it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean the number of real world governments that have avoided authoritarianism is pretty low.

It’s just something people prefer not to think about