Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I think that the first ones usually treat the younger races the way we treat animals. You might notice one from time to time and think, "Oh look, a bunny rabbit!" You might think that bunny is cute, but you wouldn't decide to take an interest in changing the way bunnies live. If it gets eaten by a hawk, there will be other bunnies in other years. But if one particular bunny keeps coming around to your door and doing something funny, then all the sudden it gets hard to be philosophical about it. Ivanova managed to make herself seem interesting.

Edit: You know how, in Matters of Honor, Sheridan complains that he hates Kosh's elliptical answers, and Kosh just says, "Good?" I feel absolutely certain that for the Vorlon, this is equivalent to the human game of pretending to throw the ball and watching the dog chase it. Hah hah! Silly human! He thought I was going to enlighten him! Isn't that adorable?

It’s as if we’re little more than ants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

SlothfulCobra posted:

After I hooked my mom in with some season one DVDs of Babylon 5 I got from a used book store, we've determined that the cheapest option to keep watching (without subscribing to a new streaming service) is getting the complete DVD box set, which is about $100.

Is there anything wrong with any particular set of DVDs? The TV we have is an old giant CRT, so not being HD isn't an issue.

Yeah, the DVDs have all sorts of color issues and aspect ratio weirdness since the CGI was rendered in 4:3 but the DVDs were released in widescreen iirc. The recent remaster is much better even if you don’t care about the HD.

That being said, I think I watched through the DVD version like 4 times before the remaster came out, so it’s not unwatchable. I would hesitate to pay $100 for them though.