Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Penn and teller can get hosed.
And Space jack the ripper. Another low point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

Comes the Inquisitor is an unskippable episode. It is incredibly important to both Delenn and Sheridan's characters and the looming Vorlon/Shadow conflict.

Plus the actor who plays Jack is super menacing. I love everything about that guy.

But...

The premise is silly, the acting is not up to par with the concept, and the philosophy is juvenile.

Yes. It adds very little unlike some of the other history/earth culture characters.
The space monks for example and the mindwiped killer. Super fascinating scenario.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
I'm having such a nice time doing a rewatch and then BAM King loving Arthur.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Just hit my favorite episode.

Freddy Kruger and Garibaldi hanging out together.
Dummys shooting darts. Marcus throwing down in a fight he cant win for the one.

Steam powered machine gun a bit naff though but I'll forgive it.

Edit: The guy trying to bluff his way into a telepath job is pretty great.

fist4jesus fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 24, 2018

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Jedit posted:

Here it is, folks. The one person on the planet who liked Grey 17 Is Missing.
[/url].

Really?
So much happens in it. Its quite full of story and character development.

40:10 - 43:02
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4hu1g2 - One warrior to another.
Garibaldis story topping.

Episode is worth it for that two minutes alone.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Parts Kit posted:

A lot of the (very roughly) spherical storage containers in the background are a type of composter we had in our backyard when I was a kid, so we always got a laugh when they had a bunch in a scene.

IBC tanks are are soooooo much sci-fi.
I have two of them as cheap water tanks, so I notice them all the time.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Space = Territory perhaps? As opposed to proximity to homeworld?

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Byron Lives!

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
I have a small Crusade story. I'm sort of of the edge of a social group that organised the fan/scifi events in Australia.
Galen was a guest and I was his minder for a bit around the time the lost tales was released.

I talked with him a little bit and told him I thought it was a shame Crusade was cancelled, he didn't seem to care at all and was more interested in talking about the new tech and cgi that made lost tales possible.
Having torrented it a few weeks before and found it disappointing and cheap looking the conversation just tapered off.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't think that's the right term. Lennier didn't hate all women for rejecting him, he was in love with a specific woman who loved a different man.

One who he dedicated his life to, who in turn had eyes for a worthy but lesser species.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Platonicsolid posted:

I wouldn't call Strazynsci a hack or a one hit wonder - he did yeoman's work on TV scripts for decades - but I do tend to think he had one great idea, B5, which he's been recycling or attempting to recapture since.

Lets not forget a little series staring LUKE PERRY!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_(TV_series)

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Jeramiah is a pretty good JMS show.
It has Luke Perry and the Son from the Cosby show, who probably has a dark secret.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

adhuin posted:

a Shame it only got 2 seasons.

I was sad about that at the time, and its a little rushed, but we did get a solid ending and final.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

sebmojo posted:

i'm amazed he can even watch b5 with an athlon 2.

Computers were playing tv shows and movies way earlier than that.
Hell I remember watching pirated southpark in 95 and terrible double vcd movies sold commercially around the same time.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Spirit of Christmas maybe.

Yup and then terrible real media/video episodes in 97?

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh wow, I distinctly remember the teachers bringing us all together around 97-98 just to tell us not to watch that awful new show called South Park.

It was the first time most of us heard of it and, well, Barbra Streisand effect.

https://www.wired.com/1997/10/south-park-webcasters-told-to-stop/

Yeah it was brilliant and there was literally no other way to watch it for us foreign types...well us poors anyway.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh no, it was airing on Australian TV back then on SBS. All they basically did was tell about 30-40 sweet innocent children NOT to watch this cool sounding and totally wrong show that aired at THIS time on THIS channel. :can:

Ok withdrawn. That said, no sbs and most of the time no tv where I was living at the time.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Why would anyone skip around?
Its not like they are making more content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Angry Salami posted:

Just skip straight to Sleeping in Light, the other episodes are just filler.

I really don't get it. If you people are so concerned about wasting time, don't watch it , or anything at all.
Hell just read a episode guide, save even more.