Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Being a foster/adoptive parents is one of my aspirations. I am in a stable, committed relationship but I'm under the impression we'll both need to be working for the rest of our lives. Does fostering require a stay-at-home parent? What's the challenges of fostering as a single parent vs as a couple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
One of my big dreams is to foster/adopt a child by the time I'm 35.

My spouse and I have long conversations about this, but what is the hivemind's opinion on finances, space, etc. when it comes to fostering? In my ideal world, I'll have 1 year of finances saved up that would cover expenses for me, spouse, and a foster child in the event of loss of income. And also, I think that our ideal space would be a shared dining/living space, and two bedrooms (one for the married, one for the foster).

Are these reasonable/unreasonable ideas? What does the general good foster home look like?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Does anyone have any experience with adopting while living abroad?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Congrats to her!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Hey parents who are married, how did the conversation with your SO happen when you brought up adoption?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Hey y’all. Any of you have experience with CASA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I get sworn in as a CASA today. Very excited!