Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
How much would it cost to get the one Saints' Row weapon made (for cosplay purposes, of course, though I'm sure you could sell a few from the same mold to some of your regular customers)?

It's about 3 feet from balls to tip, for scale. Also, unsurprisingly, it's been done, but the ones I saw while looking for a screenshot don't look quite right, the in-game model is floppier and has a glossier finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Dildomancer posted:

Here is a sampler pack I just got:

Why the colored circles? Cameras see different color ranges from human eyes. The colored dots represent what they look like to me. The biggest difference is the purple powder on the right, which is really more of a pale lavender. It emits a good deal of its photons in the ultraviolet range, and I have a UV filter on my camera lens, so it only picks up the blue.
Anyway, there is your primer* on GITD pigments. I can try to answer any other questions you've got.
What brand of camera are you using? Because all the high-end Nikon DSLRs I've used tend to see bright purple as blue even when it's not UV glow-in-the-dark. Really annoyed the one school whose colors were the same as the 3rd Street Saints when their football uniforms/graduation robes were blue in the newspaper.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Dildomancer posted:

I wondered if anyone would ask whether I've sold to a celebrity. It would be really unethical for me to tell, though. Customer confidentiality is a big deal when adult toys are involved.

Can you confirm/deny whether you've sold to a celebrity in general? Sort of like how Elise can tell hospital horror stories as long as there's no identifying info (my partner used to work in medical billing and our former roommate was a pharmacy tech, I know all about HIPAA.)

If you were to hypothetically make a thing for a celebrity, would you put extra care into it, or just treat it like any other order?

And now that's got me wondering if there's a silicone copy of the AMPAS trophy out there, and as a corollary, whether an Academy Award winner has ever stuck their actual Oscar in themselves (and/or a partner). Surely somebody has. :v:

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Dildomancer posted:

(aside from some two-part fossil molds)

Now I want a floppy silicone trilobite.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I apologize if you've said and I missed it, but what firmness of silicone are you using? Squishy like a live brain (well, as close as you can get, anyway), or kinda stiff like a formaldehyde-cured one?

The one brain I've personally handled was like middlin'-hard rubber, due to being well embalmed. (It was the pig fetus in 10th grade bio class, we got bonus points for getting the brain out intact. And the dissection started on Friday and was continued on Monday, and it was an afternoon class. The smell was not pleasant.)

Carth Dookie posted:

I for one approve of elven tentacle poontang.

*chugs 5th beer*
I'd hit it like I'm hitting this handle of cheap whisky.

Dildomancer posted:

It took very little additional effort relative to pouring a single color! It's all about how you pour it.

I have a LOT of fish. Maybe a hundred. People are welcome to order fish for $2 apiece plus shipping.
The fish are one-sided, right? Like a novelty ice-cube mold? I'd pay $6 for a whole fish, but half a fish, meh. :v:

Fauxtool posted:

A soft glowy sword would also be pretty cool
Aaaand we've come back around to Saints Row.

• Locked thread