Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Long John Silvers
Apr 17, 2013

Yeah, they gave these guys a TV show.

MILLION DOLLAR EXTREME PRESENTS: WORLD PEACE IS A SUPER PURE TRAGICOMEDY ROSARY OF PIOUS PRAYERS BRINGING UNITY, JOY, AND EXCELLENT LIVING TO THE PEOPLE OF ALL SIZES, SEXUALITIES, AND COLORS STARRING MISANDROUS COMEDIOTERRORISTS SAM HYDE, NICK ROCHEFORT, CHARLES CARROL, AND DIRECTED BY ANDY RUSE. WORLD PEACE WILL UNLOCK YOUR CLOSETED BIGOTED IMAGINATION, TOSS YOUR INHERENT RACISM INTO THE BURNING TRASH, AND CLEANSE YOUR INTOLERANT SPIRIT WITH PURE UNAPOLOGETIC AMERICAN FUNNY_COM. OPEN YOUR EYES OR YOU'LL GET THUMB GOGGLES. FOR WHAT NAIVE SLOB EXPECTS HEMLOCK MEDICINE TO TASTE OF MILKSHAKE? FOR THE RECORD, NONE OF US PLAN ON KILLING OURSELVES AND IF WE DO IT'S CIA_MOSSAD

PRAY FOR WORLD PEACE.

It's on adult swim Fridays at 12:15pm, or watch it online here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-KNQRQJ-sk

Long John Silvers fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long John Silvers
Apr 17, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k06lLDDe-b4

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This show is so good. Episode 2

Long John Silvers
Apr 17, 2013

Episode 103 is on tonight at 12:15am EST for anyone interested

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd love to hear about the stuff that Adult Swim wouldn't allow. I know Sam already said that the original bit was "Jews Rule!" but the execs told them no.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is the best show on TV

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Show rules. Go buy the season pass on iTunes or Google Play or whatever. Support the poo poo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I love it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Was anyone else disappointed with episode 3? Sam said that 3 and 4 were going to be a lot better than the first two but I thought this one was pretty stale aside from a few of the jokes in the 'tap' skit and of course the skit with Nick as a depressed school teacher.

I feel like Charles has had a lot of influence with World Peace because there are a lot of skits that are just kind of zaney and surreal without a real punchline.

Long John Silvers
Apr 17, 2013

64bit_Dophins posted:

Was anyone else disappointed with episode 3? Sam said that 3 and 4 were going to be a lot better than the first two but I thought this one was pretty stale aside from a few of the jokes in the 'tap' skit and of course the skit with Nick as a depressed school teacher.

I feel like Charles has had a lot of influence with World Peace because there are a lot of skits that are just kind of zaney and surreal without a real punchline.

I loved episode 3. It reminded me of the "official" MDE videos.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://www.adultswim.com/misc/mde-104-pt1/

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Why do I have access to adultswim.com's files on their website?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

KinkyJohn posted:

Why do I have access to adultswim.com's files on their website?

Everyone does. Either something got hosed up or they did it themselves.

Eric Andre episode 4 and all of World Peace episode 4 leaked.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 23, 2016

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Are they really leaks?

I was just assuming it was another of their funny/bad UI redesigns, but I did think it was weird that they didn't have the line of links at the top like they usually do. They're under "Nav" if you got there hoping to actually use the site...

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Looking around I think it's a joke. There's a folder of just pics of a dudes thigh. There's a dog picture folder. Also a folder for Metalocalypse final season that has a to-do.txt file in it that can't be found.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol that's awesome

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://youtu.be/aprpQ9b9oNw

Quality tunes.

Long John Silvers
Apr 17, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-0atBI-QC4

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/the-alt-right-has-its-own-comedy-tv-show-on-a-time-warner-ne

Buzzfeed wrote an article about the show.

Sam recorded the interview. He took it down after a day but luckily someone reuploaded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkXK95R5zSw

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

He destroyed that buzzfeed zilch to the core without even being vulgar, especially with the capper about his respectable journalistic dreams never ever coming true. Call a lawyer to get that 'tude removed from the tube!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I watched the first few episodes without knowing who MDE are or that Hyde is alt-right. The show has its moments, but after the events of the last 18 months or so, I find their entire ideology too appalling to keep watching. I'm surprised they got a show at all knowing that.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 1, 2016

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Sam Hyde isn't alt right though. He doesn't get political.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the show is really good :)

does anyone know how many episodes the season is going to be?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's two more episodes I think

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lovechop posted:

the show is really good :)

does anyone know how many episodes the season is going to be?

6 total. Nothing yet about a 2nd season though.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Nichael posted:

I watched the first few episodes without knowing that Hyde is alt-right.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Odobenidae posted:

He definitely does and while he makes fun of the alt right hes one of those weird 8ch centrist libertarians himself

I'm also kinda surprised at the reaction to this show but hey (not a fan myself)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Odobenidae posted:

There's an entire sketch of them making "tap water" out of garbage and chemicals while a dude angrily monologues about Flint, Michigan and the government wasting money. Also the one where a dude in drag monologues about Uncle Sam taking the place of their baby's father because it pays foodstamps and funds their neglectful, man-hating parenting. Also there's the one sketch where Sam Hyde is yelling at a woman in ebonics and has facial prosthetics but doesn't have the balls to actually do full blackface.

I really don't get what the appeal of this show is supposed to be. All of the stuff is obviously staged so it doesn't have the shock value of Sam Hyde actually hijacking a TED talk or a college lecture, it's not really particularly edgy or offensive and it's made even lamer because they keep returning to the same wells over and over (multiple sketches about people in wheelchairs on dating shows that treat them badly, multiple sketches where a dude in drag is a character and a punchline, every other segment having them go nuts with the camera and editing to try and be super uncomfortable and shocking but it's just annoying), and at it's core it's not really funny or interesting. It doesn't even have that Freddy Got Fingered appeal of a dude wasting a studio's money before your eyes because everything is obviously super cheap. It's just a dumb waste of time that people seem to be liking ironically or because they agree with the creator's politics.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 3, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

ah yes the old "not brave enough to get blackface on broadcast television" ruse. sheer cowardice

what WORLD PEACE is missing is certainly a joyless goon as a producer, specifically one who writes too much about something they don't like and doesn't comprehend jokes. talk about missed opportunities!

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 3, 2016

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

TheRationalRedditor posted:

ah yes the old "not brave enough to get blackface on broadcast television" ruse. sheer cowardice

what WORLD PEACE is missing is certainly a joyless goon as a producer, specifically one who writes too much about something they don't like and doesn't comprehend jokes. talk about missed opportunities!

tim and eric already ended ahahaha no even tim and eric at its worst is better than this (theres a FEW laughs but a lot of sad head-shaking) and this doesnt come close anything like wonder showzen or xavier renegade angel

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Guy Mann posted:

There's an entire sketch of them making "tap water" out of garbage and chemicals while a dude angrily monologues about Flint, Michigan and the government wasting money. Also the one where a dude in drag monologues about Uncle Sam taking the place of their baby's father because it pays foodstamps and funds their neglectful, man-hating parenting. Also there's the one sketch where Sam Hyde is yelling at a woman in ebonics and has facial prosthetics but doesn't have the balls to actually do full blackface.

I really don't get what the appeal of this show is supposed to be. All of the stuff is obviously staged so it doesn't have the shock value of Sam Hyde actually hijacking a TED talk or a college lecture, it's not really particularly edgy or offensive and it's made even lamer because they keep returning to the same wells over and over (multiple sketches about people in wheelchairs on dating shows that treat them badly, multiple sketches where a dude in drag is a character and a punchline, every other segment having them go nuts with the camera and editing to try and be super uncomfortable and shocking but it's just annoying), and at it's core it's not really funny or interesting. It doesn't even have that Freddy Got Fingered appeal of a dude wasting a studio's money before your eyes because everything is obviously super cheap. It's just a dumb waste of time that people seem to be liking ironically or because they agree with the creator's politics.

personally i think it's funny

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

They call me shitposter
they call me guy man
they call me blackface
they call me thread ruiner
they call me humorless
they call me leftist
they call me bad taste

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Nanomashoes posted:

They call me shitposter
they call me guy man
they call me blackface
they call me thread ruiner
they call me humorless
they call me leftist
they call me bad taste

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They call me Cuck
They call me cucked
They call me cuckservative
They call me I'm gay
They call me timb cuck
They call me hth

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This show is so awesome.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

net cafe scandal posted:

This show is so awesome.

"You tripped my wife."

Probably the best episode so far. The bloody Zuckerberg bodybag explosion was amazing.

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me
I'm pissed that adult swim has made them change so much. That peace sign is actually supposed to be the infinity symbol James Holmes was obsessed with.

I think some censored text from episode 4 was taken from Elliot Rodger's manifesto. Sam says they can't really release any of the uncensored stuff until they get a definitive "no" on season 2 so who the gently caress knows

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

All of the big ugly blocks on all the title cards in every episode are the censored ramblings and doodles of those psychotic failures though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I'm sure some of it is that, the rest is Sam's own psychotic ramblings and doodles. It's not one of his videos until a wall of text appears for a quarter of a second in the middle of a clip.

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 10, 2016

• Locked thread