Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
I would piss on this grave. Conservative comedy is possible. This was trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I have followed MDE for a while and the news of their highly rated show getting cancelled due to politics is very disheartening.

I don't know Sam or anything, but he just seems to me like a guy who really likes comedy and doesn't get wrapped up in what is popular opinion. He does things for comedy even if they aren't funny or even if they are just disgusting. As do a lot of comedians. A lot of the people who like that his show was cancelled admit they haven't even seen it. It was a funny show with some really poignant moments that didn't kowtow to identity politics and just poked fun at every one and I, as a liberal, really enjoyed it. Because it was funny. Anyway, they will be fine. gently caress Brett Gelman though for real.

Source your quotes.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

pr0p posted:

I would piss on this grave. Conservative comedy is possible. This was trash.

did you think the show was political? it was mostly just weird funny poo poo imo. i don't really understand what people keep talking about with this.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Lovechop posted:

did you think the show was political? it was mostly just weird funny poo poo imo. i don't really understand what people keep talking about with this.

A white dude in blackface (with corks in his nose to make his nose bigger) yelling about welfare is about as political as it gets

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Vanderdeath posted:

A white dude in blackface (with corks in his nose to make his nose bigger) yelling about welfare is about as political as it gets

agreed, i think you've changed my mind on this actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIGjr3MuL3g

it's like the colbert report or something. V politically charged.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If the price for a show actually being funny is it has to be alt-right or whatever maybe we should just embrace it.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Good thing this show was never at risk of that

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If Sam wasn't melting down super hard right now they'd probably have a good chance at keeping good relations with Adult swim and would probably have been able to pitch a new show later next year once the furor over Lazzo died down.

Going to war with Tim for ?Reasons? was a dumb loving move.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Yea I think people just want someone to blame and Tim just happens to fits the bill. Don't think there's any actual evidence of him doing anything. And then Sam got caught up in the narrative because he's a big dummy.

Anyone else checked out the book? The digital version's available now and it's really good. Wish I could've got a physical copy https://gumroad.com/l/yINac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dicky B posted:

Yea I think people just want someone to blame and Tim just happens to fits the bill. Don't think there's any actual evidence of him doing anything. And then Sam got caught up in the narrative because he's a big dummy.

Anyone else checked out the book? The digital version's available now and it's really good. Wish I could've got a physical copy https://gumroad.com/l/yINac

I bought a physical copy of the book as soon as it was announced. No idea when it'll show up though.

• Locked thread