Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im replaying 4. i like talking to the girl demons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

i cant find the words to express how happy i am this game got announced in europe.
man how bad was it back then when atlus games typically didnt come for you guys in europe?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i cant find the words to express how happy i am this game got announced in europe. smt iv is #2 on my all time list. like i know a lot of ppl prefer nocturne, but i think smt iv has a little something else.

it has a lot more trivial trash mobs you have to fight non stop, is what it has. ahahaha

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chill Penguin posted:

Same. Everytime i pick it up i get hopelessly lost
Gamer confession: always used strategy guides for JRPGs as a kid, i think i still need to

it's really annoying not having a map of tokyo or whatever. for a good chunk of the game people will tell you "go west to shibuya" or "go east to ginza" or whatever so it's not too hard to figure out, but it still easy to get lost a lot especially sidequests

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

it has a lot more trivial trash mobs you have to fight non stop, is what it has. ahahaha

disagree since u can avoid them in most cases. the only slight annoyace is that estoma sword means u still have to hit the enemies

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

disagree since u can avoid them in most cases. the only slight annoyace is that estoma sword means u still have to hit the enemies

it's still annoying , even though i like the game very much, overall.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

theres a mob in ikebukuro station that keeps owning me in one turn

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm gonna try to replay all smt/persona games on ps3 and 3ds before p5 comes out

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homework Explainer posted:

i'm gonna try to replay all smt/persona games on ps3 and 3ds before p5 comes out

no you aren't

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ok

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i cant find the words to express how happy i am this game got announced in europe. smt iv is #2 on my all time list. like i know a lot of ppl prefer nocturne, but i think smt iv has a little something else.

il ike both games equally nd am losing my frickin mind waitng for this one

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Homework Explainer posted:

You'd better get cracking, that's a whole mess of gaming

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have Devil Survivor 2 waiting to be played but I dunno whether to try to get through it before Apocalypse

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

With FFXV delayed I can safely pick this up on release. Phew..

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

thinking about getting digital devil survivor 2. how is it? i played 1 and i liked the writing a lot but it felt very slow. i would probably like 2 if the writing felt as good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Do you mean Digital Devil Saga or Devil Survivor

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

NickRoweFillea posted:

You'd better get cracking, that's a whole mess of gaming

it is. starting with p4 and going backward, we'll see how it goes

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

GulagDolls posted:

thinking about getting digital devil survivor 2. how is it? i played 1 and i liked the writing a lot but it felt very slow. i would probably like 2 if the writing felt as good

If you're referring to Devil Survivor 2, the writing is a little more...esoteric.

If you're referring to Digital Devil Saga, they're the secret best SMT games, so make extra sure you get them and play them asap.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i should mention the goal is the worldwide release date, not the japanese one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

SMT4:A is definitely a higher priority for me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

If you're referring to Devil Survivor 2, the writing is a little more...esoteric.

If you're referring to Digital Devil Saga, they're the secret best SMT games, so make extra sure you get them and play them asap.

ah i meant devil survivior 2. theres too many devils for me to keep track of

getting to the bottom of naraku in smt iv was a very 0_0 moment for me

GulagDolls fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 16, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My thoughts exactly down to the wording

Best thing that happened to Atlus, apparently Persona 5 preorders in JP were up after the FF delay

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sorry everybody, change of plans. I won't be getting SMT4:A on release due to time constraints and DQ7.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they just put out a persona 5 OVA yesterday, because the game is now out in japan. the long wait begins.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

:hai:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

they just put out a persona 5 OVA yesterday, because the game is now out in japan. the long wait begins.

gently caress

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

I think there's another week

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

In Training posted:

Persona 5 OVA was real good. The pain is real. Wanna delve into that talking cat's character arc.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiUZ-Taprow

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

One more week until the Apocalypse begins!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So soon

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just got this early :mrgw:

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:mrgw:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
How far into SMTIV am I ? I'm like level 25 and it looks like my active story quest is to off [this means "kill"] the demon at the Metropolitan Government Office. It feels like I have a long way to go

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

How far into SMTIV am I ? I'm like level 25 and it looks like my active story quest is to off [this means "kill"] the demon at the Metropolitan Government Office. It feels like I have a long way to go
you're like halfway at most I think

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It shipped last night. Yessss

• Locked thread