Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm really impressed w the writing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I'm curious to see how Nanashi will get screwed over by Dagda. I hope you get to punch him in the face eventually.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I never beat SMTIV because the map was Tokyo and I've never been so it was hard to navigate. Maybe if SMTV took place in Phoenix.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

it doesn't matter in apocalypse because your current destination is marked with a big red flag and you can walk from one end of the map to the other without having to run into a single demon.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

whoever implemented the stupid mash-X traps is my enemy.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't really like the scene where the 14-year-old girl finds a magic lust jar and it makes her cum. The insane yellow devils are at it again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm only saving at heal spots and never letting Dagda pick me up and this game is tough so far. Dagda just picking you up for free is dumb imo.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm only saving at heal spots and never letting Dagda pick me up and this game is tough so far. Dagda just picking you up for free is dumb imo.
SMT IV had a neat thing where you can pay Charon in play coins

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I never let Charon pick me up either

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Looking good Medusa. Fighting her at level 30 is going to be fun especially with all of the status effects she has now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol they actually bleeped out something Medusa says when you attack her instead of looking in her eyes. I wonder what it was

Also my partners keep yelling at me because they think my level is too low for the areas I go to. I have it handled guys shut up

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 26, 2016

dendy crew
Jun 1, 2011

Dendy!, Dendy!, We love Dendy! Dendy - Everyone plays it!
things are happening in this game that are approaching nocturne-levels of satisfaction for me

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The new skill inheritance system with affinities is perfect. You have to put in just a little more effort to build a true shitkicker demon.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Oh and +3 or higher status effect skills actually land really often

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol they actually bleeped out something Medusa says when you attack her instead of looking in her eyes. I wonder what it was

Also my partners keep yelling at me because they think my level is too low for the areas I go to. I have it handled guys shut up

its normally YHVH, all YHVH mentions get bleeped, but medusa i think just calls you a fucker

i would like to get rid of gaston permanently

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Rafza posted:

its normally YHVH, all YHVH mentions get bleeped

what the gently caress

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

did they actually censor the name YHVH for this release or is it part of the game somehow because that's loving dumb

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

did they actually censor the name YHVH for this release or is it part of the game somehow because that's loving dumb

its more a record scratch vs a regular bleep (medusa gets bleeped), but yah YHVH gets scratched anytime a voice actor tries to say the name

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

gently caress that

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it does that in every language. it's a biblical thing.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah, you're not supposed to be able to say it, it gets like, omnicensored by golden baldie himself

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They're not actually censoring it it's a joke

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

gently caress that
I think it's a La-Le-Lu-Li-Lo kinda thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah YHVH is unpronounceable like how muhammad cant be represented visually

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

What if the demon summoning smartphone app really existed?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Evil Eagle posted:

What if the demon summoning smartphone app really existed?

i'd fuse a bunch of demons and go on an adventure, personally

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'd summon a Katakirauwa, and eat it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the hebrew name for God

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'd summon a Katakirauwa, and eat it.

Food Chupacabra looks pretty tasty.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The battle theme in this is so good that I'm inputting my menu commands to the beat of the music.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

it is dumb because not only do you get picked up you don't lose any progress so it can actually be advantageous to allow yourself to be wiped out if a battle isn't going your way so you don't waste any MP or items, since you revive at the state right before the battle began. at least in iv you would have to pay a macca penalty.

i actually started the game on conflict but i bumped it up to war because it felt too easy. it definitely feels easier than iv was, anyway. i'll have to replay the game again with war on from the start.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kongming posted:

it is dumb because not only do you get picked up you don't lose any progress so it can actually be advantageous to allow yourself to be wiped out if a battle isn't going your way so you don't waste any MP or items, since you revive at the state right before the battle began. at least in iv you would have to pay a macca penalty.

i actually started the game on conflict but i bumped it up to war because it felt too easy. it definitely feels easier than iv was, anyway. i'll have to replay the game again with war on from the start.

I'm about 6 levels below the demons in Shibuya on War and I haven't really been dying at all aside from bosses lately. Bosses are definitely tough though. Enemies seem really easy to dodge on the field and I don't think they move at all on the world map which contributes to it being easier. I kind of wish that I could turn off my partners because they're all too good. I already don't use hp/mp stroll or fusion booster.

But I mean I'm only 13 hours in so it could definitely ramp up a lot more. Here's hoping.

I really need Apocalypse difficulty to be as tough as it sounds.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

i'm in the mid 50's now and bosses are definitely hitting very hard with -dyne spells and stuff like berserker god. lowering boss attack seems absolutely mandatory to not be one shot at this point so i'm always carrying demons who can use war cry/fog breath. once they're debuffed it's not nearly that bad, but a stray crit that leads to them smirking can definitely ruin your day.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kinda wanna nab this over dq7...i know i would love dq cause they're all great games but they start to feel really grindy to me after a while, whereas smt4 felt like an adult rpg. not because of violence or whatever, but because of actual challenging fights you need to form good teams and strategies for instead of grinding for lvls in a forest or some poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it also seems like they fixed every single thing i hated about smt4 so this is a strong contender for my dollar

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
A few hours in and I'm tickled pink about this game and it's improvements. That's my review so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

kinda wanna nab this over dq7...i know i would love dq cause they're all great games but they start to feel really grindy to me after a while, whereas smt4 felt like an adult rpg. not because of violence or whatever, but because of actual challenging fights you need to form good teams and strategies for instead of grinding for lvls in a forest or some poo poo

Do what I did and get both :grin:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Do what I did and get both :grin:

unfortunately i have a job that takes up a lot of time :/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I planned on playing DQVII for months but after 2 weeks I've already put in 40+ hours so I'll probably finish faster than I expected. That's life though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

I'd get smtiv:a then get dq later and hopefully they patch the menu lag by then

• Locked thread