Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Atlus games go on sale every other week, so that was my justification for getting DQ over 4pocalypse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>TFW you wait a million years to get a 3DS, so long that the New 3DS was announced with Xenoblade port, and on the day of release SMT4 and Mario 3D Land were on sale for $20 each.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>TFW you wait a million years to get a 3DS, so long that the New 3DS was announced with Xenoblade port, and on the day of release SMT4 and Mario 3D Land were on sale for $20 each.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah SMT4A is prime target for the Christmas discount. Also I got a physical DQ7 copy because those are pretty limited. Nice to have

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

maybe i'll wait more then, pretty much have my hands tied w/ poe and some other games. but i always want new poo poo lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Yeah SMT4A is prime target for the Christmas discount. Also I got a physical DQ7 copy because those are pretty limited. Nice to have

I got digital and a physical to leave sealed

dendy crew
Jun 1, 2011

Dendy!, Dendy!, We love Dendy! Dendy - Everyone plays it!
I got the pins baby

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kongming posted:

it is dumb because not only do you get picked up you don't lose any progress so it can actually be advantageous to allow yourself to be wiped out if a battle isn't going your way so you don't waste any MP or items, since you revive at the state right before the battle began. at least in iv you would have to pay a macca penalty.

i actually started the game on conflict but i bumped it up to war because it felt too easy. it definitely feels easier than iv was, anyway. i'll have to replay the game again with war on from the start.

couldn't u save anywhere in smt4 ? i just reset if i died :twisted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah you gotta abuse the poo poo out of saving in smt4 cause you're always an enemy turn away from being wiped lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I only save at heal points/the world map. farewell

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I don't like about the respawn mechanic is that Dagda's dialogue is the same every time. It should be contextual.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I didn't really like the scene where the 14-year-old girl finds a magic lust jar and it makes her cum. The insane yellow devils are at it again

Uh is this an optional thing cuz I didn't run into anything like this

Game's good tho

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

did they actually censor the name YHVH for this release or is it part of the game somehow because that's loving dumb

lol it's not censorship

"However, by the time of the Talmud, it was the custom to use substitute Names for God. Some rabbis asserted that a person who pronounces YHVH according to its letters (instead of using a substitute) has no place in the World to Come, and should be put to death."

It's actually a really cool reference to obscure ancient judaism which is the most SMT thing

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

dq7 is a fun game to pick up and put down because of all the story vignettes

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

couldn't u save anywhere in smt4 ? i just reset if i died :twisted:

same :twisted:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The new art is so much better. Can't wait to see the new Medusa.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

brainwrinkle posted:

The new art is so much better. Can't wait to see the new Medusa.
I wouldn't mind if they replaced Vishnu's design with Krishna in future games

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

unfortunately i have a job that takes up a lot of time :/

lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I really wanna play this bad but I just bought DQ7 and my gameing budget is skrimp right now..

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

I really wanna play this bad but I just bought DQ7 and my gameing budget is skrimp right now..

Beat DQ7. You said you were gonna do it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I will beat DQ7. Toxx cluase in this mother bitch.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

is there a reason to keep centaur or is he just another demon to fuse

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

is there a reason to keep centaur or is he just another demon to fuse
he's just another demon. I really liked that if you kept the starting pixie in Nocturne you could turn her into a special super strong one

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

i was riding high on a string of easy boss victories until i ran into one who could raise all of his stats, hit you with every status effect in the game, and lower your stats all in the same turn. i'm going to have to sleep on this one.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Quetzalcoatl has been the toughest so far for me, his Zandyne is killer.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Kinda tempted to get Fusion Booster to +6 even though I know it would break the game. It's only 100 App points in Apocalypse versus 180 in IV. Or I could spend my 90 points on 9 demon slots and an MC skill slot.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

Kinda tempted to get Fusion Booster to +6 even though I know it would break the game. It's only 100 App points in Apocalypse versus 180 in IV. Or I could spend my 90 points on 9 demon slots and an MC skill slot.
I took Fusion Booster to +4 and kind of regret it because it's trivialised a lot of the game and now that I'm near the end demons stronger than me only really unlock when I'm nearly at their level anywy

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Is Chitchat in this game? I really liked talking to the bosses in IV with it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just got through ten levels of the fiend dungeon without saving then the game crashed

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just got through ten levels of the fiend dungeon without saving then the game crashed

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Physical or digital? This might be a problem with my saving style...

I found out about the changes in Apocalypse mode. You do 40 percent less damage compared to Conflict and enemies deal around 50 percent more. Enemies smirk more and you're more susceptible to ailments. You can't switch from Apocalypse once you select it. Also it's game over if Nanashi dies. I'm sure that there are other changes too. I can't wait for the 4th.

I also found out that the fiend dungeon resets and gets harder every time you complete it. I'm going to be playing this game for so long.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

You do 40 percent less damage compared to Conflict and enemies deal around 50 percent more.
nO thanks

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's not a huge bump from war mode which has been relatively easy so far. One weird thing I just found out is that compendium prices are tripled in war mode but not in Apocalypse. Seems like the definitive experience imo.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i will play it like i do all jrpgs, once, on normal mode :unsmigghh:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's a mode called Paradise that makes you do 200 percent damage and enemies deal 50 percent damage that you might enjoy.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

don't troll me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

next person to troll me will face my blade

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

next person to troll me will face my blade

Clayfighter 63 1/3 demake lookin good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the compendium price increase on higher difficulties is dumb so I just lower to Normal when I want to get my fuse on. it discourages experimentation imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

At any rate, you won't be able to access the bonus dungeon without bumping it up to hard mode. I think you can play on normal until then though.

• Locked thread