Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not totally outlandish that dean's been lax/burnt out with ringwork at times so maybe it's not totally uncalled for to call him out on that. it was nice to hear that supporting his mother and doing Make A Wish were two of his favorite things since being called up. dude probably doesn't wanna dwell on his poo poo past and just focus on moving onward. not everyone is gonna be as open as AJ with his "yep my dad beat us and he was a drunk gently caress" stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

He immediately turned into Stone Cold during that promo. I loved it.

It reminded me of the Heyman bit when Paul brought up a potential fight with Brock and Stone Cold suddenly popped out and cut a promo and then Austin had to explain for months that no, he wasn't actually going to fight Brock at Wrestlemania. I think Austin was trying to recreate a little of that with Dean and draw him out of his shell a little at the end but it didn't really click.

RAW was pretty terrible in general but this thread title is the best.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I haven't seen the podcast but Dean's childhood specifically involves a lot of crack and prostitution and that very much seems like the kind of thing WWE wouldrather not tlak about in the slightest so I think Dean just doesn't want to get poo poo slung at him for talking about it.

Also it's hosed up that WWE didn't celebrate vore day at all, should've had Strowman eat that jobber.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 9, 2016

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Seemed like Dean was hinting at not being too fond of the wacky crazy lunatic aspect of his character. When Austin mentioned the lunatic fringe thing he made a point to say that it was something creative put on him. It was also kind of surprising that Vince is letting him do unscripted segments so maybe this is the end of wacky Dean.

So he will drop the "crazy" aspect of his character, then his character will be...... wrestler?

bradzilla posted:

Sasha is loving awful on the mic, very stiff and wooden sounding. Raw was definitely another step down this week but still better than pre-Wrestlemania. Summerslam's card is looking really loving good though.

She's horrid on the mic. She's real young and has a good gimmick to work with so I imagine she'll improve.

Now that I think about it.... who's been the best women's promo in the WWE/F?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Recently? Lana, probably.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is what the shields that the Shield originally were meant to be carrying around looked like.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Alain Post posted:

Ever: Vickie.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

So he will drop the "crazy" aspect of his character, then his character will be...... wrestler?

She's horrid on the mic. She's real young and has a good gimmick to work with so I imagine she'll improve.

Honestly, it's hard for me to think of a woman wrestler in the WWE who was really stellar on the mic. Of course, most of the time they've been saddled with poo poo storylines that it's hard to do very much with.

(edit) I'm limiting this to actual full time wrestlers so I'm not counting Vickie/Stephanie/Lana/anyone else that was primarily a manager

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Jesus gently caress those things are awful

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alain Post posted:

steph at wrestlemania this year

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

steph at wrestlemania this year

I still love how queen bitch of the skeletal buriers got more cheers than Roman

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lana seemed very off last night

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

They should phase out her Russian accent.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Kawalimus posted:

For example there was a promo in like 2000 where Mankind turned into Cactus Jack to face HHH. And HHH sold it like death despite the whole thing not being done very well, and them doing the exact same thing to HHH a couple years ago so realistically he should have just been like "Oh I've seen this before". Same thing should apply here. Demon coming should be treated like a surprise in kayfabe even if it's not one at all.

HHH's selling Cactus Jack like he did in 2000 fits if you remember that Cactus beat the hell out of him in their Street Fight in Cactus' first WWF appearance. (When HHH also sold Cactus' appearance like the Devil Himself was coming to whup his rear end.) It fit entirely as HHH remembering "poo poo, this guy beat my rear end once before, I don't want any part of this side of Foley!"

Otherwise, your point about Demon!Finn being held back for a surprise is a good one.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
AJ was probably the best talker in the women's division while she was around. She was definitely the one they trusted or saw the most potential in as a character, since she actually got to be on the mic a lot, and was doing stuff unrelated to the Diva Division Feud of the Month before she was actually pushed as someone who was championship material.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

keevo posted:

They should phase out her Russian accent.
I think you mean she should lean into it harder and do more acting in all segments every week.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

This is what the shields that the Shield originally were meant to be carrying around looked like.

I think these would have actually tanked the gimmick before it got off the ground.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Real answer: Hmm. Well heel Ivory was good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Minidust posted:

Real answer: Hmm. Well heel Ivory was good.
I'm the guy to her right

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I want to say Paige is a decent promo. I can't remember the last time she had a lovely promo. Summer Rae has also always been good on the mic.

On the other hand, I can't remember the last time she wrestled on TV.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Summer Rae is my wife

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

This would've looked really stupid, but I'd love it if Dean got to fulfill his idea of beating someone up with a riot shield once.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Summer Rae is my wife

jealous

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Summer Rae was following Lana around backstage eating any cake that fell on the floor.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I think I could get behind Reigns as just a mega dick in the upper midcard, but I doubt he'll actually stay there. I feel like they're just putting him in the angle with Rusev to see if they can get him back over (which has gone decently well so far) and then, once that's been achieved, they'll just push him right back to the moon at the expense of guys like Seth and Finn.

And then the cycle begins anew, god willing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This comes from Reddit so take it with a grain of salt, but the below image is a supposed leak of what the Universal and World Heavyweight Titles will look like following SummerSlam:

Lame if true

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I implicitly trust poo poo-rear end Microsoft Paint jobs.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Skjorte posted:

AJ was probably the best talker in the women's division while she was around. She was definitely the one they trusted or saw the most potential in as a character, since she actually got to be on the mic a lot, and was doing stuff unrelated to the Diva Division Feud of the Month before she was actually pushed as someone who was championship material.

AJ was good, yeah. I didn't really think of her, she's probably the best in recent memory at least.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

I implicitly trust poo poo-rear end Microsoft Paint jobs.

This but unironically

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Probably not exactly how it'll look, but the colors have been confirmed as red for Raw's and blue for SD's

So either way the Raw one is going to look exactly like their women's title

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

sam bradford lmao posted:

This comes from Reddit so take it with a grain of salt, but the below image is a supposed leak of what the Universal and World Heavyweight Titles will look like following SummerSlam:

Lame if true

That's just bland enough to be believable. I'm looking at that World Heavyweight Title and thinking to myself - yes, this is a belt I could see Dolph Ziggler contending for.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sam bradford lmao posted:

Lame if true

...it's literally red and blue MS painted over the background of the logo, take a closer look. This is fake as poo poo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I feel like the Dean interview is being pretty overblown by people here (a shocking turn of events, I know). It started off pretty shaky because I think Dean legit didn't want to talk about his life growing up, and there were also a couple of instances where Austin mentioned reading something about Dean that Dean said was untrue.

Overall, I think Dean is just maybe an awkward and guarded guy so an interview like that is probably a little weird. Also, he strikes me as a guy like Punk who has a lot of opinions and would love to let loose on how he feels but actually reels it in rather than throwing it all out there. It wasn't a crazy in-depth interview and we didn't learn much new about him, but I think it mostly boils down to a disconnect between personalities with Austin which is kind of funny since so many people have tried to compare the two.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

bradzilla posted:

...it's literally red and blue MS painted over the background of the logo, take a closer look. This is fake as poo poo

Pretty sure the info came from a guy that has posted firsthand knowledge of belt stuff many times in the past. The pic is a mock up based on what he said.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He can turn down interviews and podcasts if he's that hesitant. Punk did.

Pretty poor face of the company tbh

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Professor Funk posted:

I think I could get behind Reigns as just a mega dick in the upper midcard, but I doubt he'll actually stay there.

quote:

He [Meltzer] says that the feud with Rusev might succeed in getting Reigns some positive heat, and if it does, he expects Reigns to return to the top spot again quickly (no specific time frame mentioned).

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

I am Dave Meltzer fyi

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

I am Dave Meltzer fyi

Dave Meltzer would have abandoned the Jets by now

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

maybe THIS dual WWE Champ/US Champ holder won't have his statue shamefully destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That DICK! posted:

Summer Rae is my wife

Tell your wife I think she is very attractive.

• Locked thread