Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

OctoberBlues posted:

Was really hoping to see some people's detergent choices....

horse spit and sand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

everybody uses the liquid Purex, it's the cheapest. i don't know who buys that expensive poo poo like Tide, I think it just sits on the store shelves forever

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

Post your laundry detergent itt

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

City of Tampa posted:

everybody uses the liquid Purex, it's the cheapest. i don't know who buys that expensive poo poo like Tide, I think it just sits on the store shelves forever

My silly parents only use Tide high efficiency

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
In the dark ages when baby boomers were growing up they hadn't figured out how to make clothing dyes that wouldn't bleed in the laundry. Like most things baby boomers learned growing up it has long since become irrelevant but they continue to cling to their outdated knowledge in a desperate attempt to make sense of a world that has left them behind.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gabriel Pope posted:

In the dark ages when baby boomers were growing up they hadn't figured out how to make clothing dyes that wouldn't bleed in the laundry. Like most things baby boomers learned growing up it has long since become irrelevant but they continue to cling to their outdated knowledge in a desperate attempt to make sense of a world that has left them behind.

Hmm this makes some sense

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Makes u think.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I read some hippie/earthlover/prairie mama bullshit about cold water being more energy efficient and stuff so I try to wash most stuff on cold. But towels and really gross laundry like dog blankets and gym clothes need hot water, right?
I use some hippie laundry soap and baking soda when things look dingy or sad.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

please tell me this is a joke

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cool, a jug of jizz

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't either OP and never have and it always annoys me when people get all indignant when they see you doing it just because that's how their mom taught them to do it. Even worse are the people who separate whites, light colors and dark colors. Why waste 3 times as much water if you could just do one big load at once if it all comes out the same either way?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

please tell me this is a joke

why that's my detergent :confused:

we have a super cool HE washer and use almost exclusively the Eco cold water cycle which allows us to not have to separate colors

did i mention that husbag does the laundry? :D

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i separate the whites so i can use regular bleach

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Murphy Brownback posted:

I don't either OP and never have and it always annoys me when people get all indignant when they see you doing it just because that's how their mom taught them to do it. Even worse are the people who separate whites, light colors and dark colors. Why waste 3 times as much water if you could just do one big load at once if it all comes out the same either way?

My friend

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
My wife doesn't either - she used to until she got sick of loving around separating everything. We haven't had anything bleed colors yet. :D

However, she also used to overload the washer and dryer in an effort to get everything done in one shot. She managed to destroy my Green Bay jersey as a result. :mad:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Beefeater posted:

My wife doesn't either - she used to until she got sick of loving around separating everything. We haven't had anything bleed colors yet. :D

However, she also used to overload the washer and dryer in an effort to get everything done in one shot. She managed to destroy my Green Bay jersey as a result. :mad:

:owned:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Parallax Scroll posted:

they only really do that in the south

They don't need to because these colors dont run

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

:agreed:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lol if you shop at a place that puts security things on bottles of detergent

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
20 MULE TEAM MOTHERFUCKERS

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Maybe get your clothes from Target?

excuse me, it's 'Targét'

bald gnome error
Feb 9, 2011
u can really tell how few gbs posters wash women's clothing or own any nice clothes by the fact that only one person mentioned separating your delicates into a different load

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

bald gnome error posted:

u can really tell how few gbs posters wash women's clothing or own any nice clothes by the fact that only one person mentioned separating your delicates into a different load

nah gently caress that you only have to do that if you still have an old-fashioned agitator machine

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

bald gnome error posted:

I take my merkins to the dry cleaners

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

ROFLburger posted:

lol if you shop at a place that puts security things on bottles of detergent

I like shopping in diverse areas unlike you Jim Crow.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

what a consumer /smh

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

psychokitty posted:

nah gently caress that you only have to do that if you still have an old-fashioned agitator machine

yeah, I feel bad for that poster and his 40 year old washer

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

bald gnome error posted:

some men wear thongs dude way to sterotype

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

bald gnome error posted:

I just wash everything on the delicate cycle. Really nice stuff goes to the dry cleaner.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

yeah, I feel bad for that poster and his 40 year old washer

I saw on the news a group of people who collect old washers and they would get together and do their laundry in ancient Westinghouse machines. This guy had at least 20 washers from the 50s in his basement.

bald gnome error
Feb 9, 2011
man sorry y'all, apartment living, i didn't choose the drat things. guess when i turn 30 and move to the suburbs with a boring wife i can know and care about things like "current washing machine features"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

bald gnome error posted:

man sorry y'all, apartment living, i didn't choose the drat things. guess when i turn 30 and move to the suburbs with a boring wife i can know and care about things like "current washing machine features"

My friends dryer caught on fire and the fire dept came and the building got a new one for free, maybe your washer will catch on fire and you'll get lucky

bald gnome error
Feb 9, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My friends dryer caught on fire and the fire dept came and the building got a new one for free, maybe your washer will catch on fire and you'll get lucky

😈

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

the only time i separate whites and colors is when i'm running my business

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
i never do anymore, but the only white clothes I have are some socks and ratty t shirts, so i don't really care. definitely want to exercise caution if you have a brand new, never washed color garment. my white shirts are slightly off-white from this, i'm sure, but it's no big deal to me. if i was a suit-wearing man and had fancy white dress shirts, i probably would wash them on their own.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
This is a good thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

interwhat posted:

20 MULE TEAM MOTHERFUCKERS
They pull borax (one of the primary ingredients of 20 Mule Team) out of a gigantic rear end mine in Boron, California where both of my parents grew up. Boron used to be a semi-middle class town before pretty much all the minery jobs were eliminated via machinery and automation. They still have a gigantic mine where they continue to pull this poo poo out of the ground but Boron is now a desolate hell hole filled with miserable people where the nearest police station is 50 miles away. I'm reminded of this destruction of Americana every time I see the 20 Mule Team box on the shelf. Boron's right next to Edwards AFB though so you can find lots of crazy plane poo poo and ammunition scattered through the wasteland of the Mojave desert!

I don't separate whites and colors either. Just separate the normals and towels from the delicates and you're GTG

• Locked thread