Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

Clinton bought The Onion and also she had The Daily Show cancelled so that there could be no funny coverage of the election

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

paul_soccer10 posted:

*applies tourniquet* dumb rear end

STOP IT JIM

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

well if you clowns like clickhole I'm definitely never visiting there. :grin:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the onion's political articles didn't change after they were bought out by univision (owned by a clinton stooge). the problem is that they still overwhelmingly post politics stuff and it's not that funny

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

well if you clowns like clickhole I'm definitely never visiting there. :grin:
I'm going to go inside a trash can and then put the lid on the can.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
remember when it stopped being funny to make fun of republicans? i do.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i went to clickhole when it first launched and it was dumb well thats my clickhole story

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GBS was never funny

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im the clickhole

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im the butt-hole

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Y-Hat posted:

the onion's political articles didn't change after they were bought out by univision (owned by a clinton stooge). the problem is that they still overwhelmingly post politics stuff and it's not that funny

Same as t-mobile. Their whole company is literally a little shack in Arkansas. They literally have no corporate structure that doesn't piggyback off another carrier or outsource customer service. P much created to prevent a cellular antitrust and keep rates sky high under the guise of competition.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't know how that has anything to do with the onion, but i'm pretty sure T-Mobile is a german company

dad gay. so what posted:

it stopped being funny when the people making fun of them got angry about them instead of making jokes

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i enjoy the onion videos like sexhouse

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
The Onion made this and they would never make this today or get away with it if they did. It's so good though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OIXfkXEj0

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Same as t-mobile. Their whole company is literally a little shack in Arkansas. They literally have no corporate structure that doesn't piggyback off another carrier or outsource customer service. P much created to prevent a cellular antitrust and keep rates sky high under the guise of competition.

thanks for the story about t-mobile

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
When Hillarys biggest donor bought it and uses it as pro Hillary, anti Trump propaganda

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

odd post.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
When it started coming true, OP.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but i like it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
these college kids will eat it up *rubs hands together while dollar signs appear above head*

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

September 11th 2001
I can't believe you forgot OP

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

You remind me of goldwater in that you are a gigantic loser. :grin:

PostEldar
May 7, 2004

I'm in your area.
You can't satirize a world this lovely.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PostEldar posted:

You can't satirize a world this lovely.

sex house was pretty good

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Prorat posted:

When Hillarys biggest donor bought it and uses it as pro Hillary, anti Trump propaganda

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

it's no longer necessary to write so-called jokes about republicans

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
Must be embarrassing being owned by the same company as Fusion

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Parallax Scroll posted:

thanks for the story about t-mobile

Yeah, it still doesn't make the onion funny again. :smith:

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, it still doesn't make the onion funny again. :smith:

the onion has never been funny

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

it's still pretty funny. The Sanders folks went all :tinfoil: when it got bought by Univision but it still makes fun of Hillary pretty much every day, like this:

http://www.theonion.com/article/hillary-clinton-young-girls-should-have-equal-oppo-53385

they need to bring back GOOMF though

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Clickhole is generally funnier but The Onion's 2016 politics articles have been great.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
I dunno it's kinda funny when the dumb and/or old repost an Onion article or serious post about it when they can't recognize satire.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Around the time they decided to stop offending big babies.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The Onion has shied away from more insightful commentary, probably because they're afraid it'll keep coming true

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

buttcrackmenace posted:

the onion has never been funny

Some of the writing got pretty lovely in the latest years. It's like if you've read the headline then there's no more funny to be extracted from it. Most of the articles used to be lols and not just retards trying to act like retards. :shrug:

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
gently caress these milquetoast motherfuckers

they are 5th or 6th against the wall

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Sir_Charles posted:

it's still pretty funny. The Sanders folks went all :tinfoil: when it got bought by Univision but it still makes fun of Hillary pretty much every day, like this:

http://www.theonion.com/article/hillary-clinton-young-girls-should-have-equal-oppo-53385

they need to bring back GOOMF though

drat that's scathing if I were hilary that's the kind of biting satire that would make me throw in the towel

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's no coincidence that the people ITT complaining about the onion being "dumbed down" are the same kind that get triggered whenever they get called out on their bigotry

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Applewhite posted:

When it started coming true, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It went downhill after T Herman Zweibel fired Jim Anchower and sold the news-paper to the Chinese

• Locked thread