Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i see a lot of threads about people doing things like drinking and smoking and generally enjoying life, so here's a question to everyone:

how long has it been since you were sober?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

what are you, a cop?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
quitting is for quitters op

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

if youre a cop you have to tell me

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
About 4hours ago op. I work an incredibly stressful job where most of the demands are like physically impossible lol but here we are gently caress you

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I literally will destroy you gently caress you watch your back

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

satanic splash-back posted:

i see a lot of threads about people doing things like drinking and smoking and generally enjoying life, so here's a question to everyone:

how long has it been since you were sober?

Suck. My. Dick. You Fuckman.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

jackyl posted:

quoting is for quitters op

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Probably a while

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

haven't smoked weed in two days because I've been out and feeling really lovely unrelated events I wouldn't have smoked it even if i had it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ive been sober for three or four months and i really need to stop

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

The White Dragon posted:

ive been sober for three or four months and i really need it to stop

sounds miserable

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?
I can sober up in hell, op

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was sober at 3 pm

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I'm kinda sober. Just had a beer, working on my second. So I guess a half hour ago?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i lost my job a while back about 7 months ago i haven't been sober since then and really i dont give a gently caress im not like fall down drunk but with nothing to do i just end up drinking at night still exercise and eat well

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

About 4hours ago op. I work an incredibly stressful job where most of the demands are like physically impossible lol but here we are gently caress you

this guy went into a spergfest over some post about smoking weed and how it is terrible and the end of the world so i wouldn't trust him.

as someone once told me, never trust someone who doesn't get high.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I take benzodiazepines on a regular basis, so I don't drink. Not crazy about the idea of choking on my own vomit.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao pussy you're not a real addict and alcoholic unless you take both when you can and straddle that line

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Friginator posted:

I take benzodiazepines on a regular basis, so I don't drink. Not crazy about the idea of choking on my own vomit.

if u can spell whatever that is u are probably sober

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

About 3 days OP.

Well... 3 nights. I'm sober every morning and then theres a work day and then I get home and I'm somehow sober so I fix that. I'm looking into longer term methods.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Do it ironically posted:

lmao pussy you're not a real addict and alcoholic unless you take both when you can and straddle that line

You mean my, " I drink as a reward to myself for doing something" is a regular and non-addict thing?

gently caress you! I want you to debase and degrade me, so that I may achieve an orgasm befitting a person of my stature.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I got a .357 snubnose revolver waiting to end the grind and it's starting to sing to me. I'm trying to figure out exactly where to aim so I don't waste the experience. I really don't want to wake up in a hospital minus half a brain, becoming a drain on my living relatives, etc.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wendigee posted:

I got a .357 snubnose revolver waiting to end the grind and it's starting to sing to me. I'm trying to figure out exactly where to aim so I don't waste the experience. I really don't want to wake up in a hospital minus half a brain, becoming a drain on my living relatives, etc.

shoot your heart

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Wendigee posted:

I would recommend getting drunk instead of shooting yourself it's probably more fun

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im in the groove. i do as i please

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
if nightly pills dont count somehow i go sober a month at a time easy

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

jackyl posted:

I would recommend getting drunk instead of shooting yourself it's probably more fun

kind of a one plus one equals 2 scenario.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Celluloid Sam posted:

shoot your heart

i can't find my heart im too fat. Don't you feel silly now!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

idk I smoke before work and then I sober up sometime during the late morning then I smoke when I get home, so my answer is suck my dick, OP

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i really do

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Do You know what's entertaining?

Listening to blood bag discuss what is best about their life, when you can divine that they are no "happy" in the least.

Listening to people tell you how they are better/you life would be better, if you only did what they do.

This makes my dick hard.

:dong:

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I've been sober for 4 weeks and 3 days. Had a beer yesterday with friends, but didn't feel like drinking any more than that.

Guess I'm cured.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm always sober. it is terrible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i pray for death.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

i pray for death.

Yup.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i feel bad for true addicts who have to get sober or they would eventually kill themselves so they can't partake in drinking or recreational drugs anymore it seems like the worst life ever all they do is drink coffee and go to meetings to talk about how they sucked dick or cheated on their wives the rest of their lives

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

Do it ironically posted:

i feel bad for true addicts who have to get sober or they would eventually kill themselves so they can't partake in drinking or recreational drugs anymore it seems like the worst life ever all they do is drink coffee and go to meetings to talk about how they sucked dick or cheated on their wives the rest of their lives

I have 9months next week.

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?

Do it ironically posted:

Soumds good! Where do I sign up, my friend-O?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I am sober now, resisting the urge. Perhaps suicide would take better?

• Locked thread