Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?

a dog from hell posted:

I am sober now, resisting the urge. Perhaps suicide would take better?

If you have to ask...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
sobriety is for nerds im smoking crack as we speak

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

root beer posted:

Weed is good!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i eat so much pasta that alcohol has no effect on me

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I feel the gentlist of those lovely withdrawal chills, an insane craving to get obliterated, and my brain is about to make me pay dearly for taking an amount of xanax most people just assumes would kill you over the weekend. It takes a really long time to feel the effects of a xanax hangover because it doesn't eliminate from the body very fast. Soon I'll probably be paranoid and nuttier than a peanut farm if I don't go get some booze or something tomorrow

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I take week long breaks every once in a while just because I can, but otherwise I see no reason to stop.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

down n out posted:

I take week long breaks every once in a while just because I can, but otherwise I see no reason to stop.

Not sure you understand the meaning of commitment.

I mean, some white chick wouldn't stand for this, level of commitment.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Wendigee posted:

I got a .357 snubnose revolver waiting to end the grind and it's starting to sing to me. I'm trying to figure out exactly where to aim so I don't waste the experience. I really don't want to wake up in a hospital minus half a brain, becoming a drain on my living relatives, etc.

this but not a snubnose

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

root beer posted:

You’ll Cowards Don’t Even Smoke Crack

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

0 seconds

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

You’ll Cowards Don’t Even Smoke Crack

I snort a buttload of crack

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

a dog from hell posted:

Suicides go to hell. It isn't worth it.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I cracked and bought a fifth. Maybe tomorrow.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Does "sober' mean whole days without booze/drugs? Or anytime you're not hosed up?

I'm always sober in the daytime.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Wendigee posted:

I got a .357 snubnose revolver waiting to end the grind and it's starting to sing to me. I'm trying to figure out exactly where to aim so I don't waste the experience. I really don't want to wake up in a hospital minus half a brain, becoming a drain on my living relatives, etc.

lol snubnose

for when you barely want to kill yourself

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Lol just lol if your dinner isn't the barrel of a shotgun with a side of cocks

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

DoctorCatapult posted:

Lol just lol if your dinner isn't the barrel of a shotgun with a side of cocks

can i sub in a tossed salad as a side or is that extra

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i've had a rough day where i experienced every emotion possible

my head hurts and im sober, taking my petty aggression out on the forums

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

hth posted:

You should try drinking coffee. Will take away the headache and give you something else to focus on. Unless you were planning on sleeping or whatever.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

a dog from hell posted:

You should try drinking coffee. Will take away the headache and give you something else to focus on. Unless you were planning on sleeping or whatever.

I love to have a large caffeine heavy beverage right before I go to bed. Coffee, tea, soda, what have you. Gotta get up to get down.

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

hth posted:

can i sub in a tossed salad as a side or is that extra

At the olive gayden, you get unlimited salad and dicks!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

a dog from hell posted:

but thats against everything joseph smythe stood for

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Agag posted:

I love to have a large caffeine heavy beverage right before I go to bed. Coffee, tea, soda, what have you. Gotta get up to get down.

I can do it but you've gotta be sensitive to people's needs when suggesting these things.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

a dog from hell posted:

I can do it but you've gotta be sensitive to people's needs when suggesting these things.

I'm sorry I will be more sensitive.

I'm pretty drunk.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
well, the april before last i quit drinking for the month so i could start taking escitalopram (sp?) to make me a super sick zombie who lived on the toilet half the day

come to think of it, i don't know that i would call that being sober

5 years?

tl;dr
hell, i can't remember 10 minutes ago

Scald
May 5, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 years!

a dog from hell posted:

It's only been 3 days, wait until you've managed a week off the meth and things will seem better. That's what I told myself last week, but then I ijust wound up meeting some homeless who helped me out wth some meth!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Unless you have a serious god drat opioid habit it's going to be like a week to not have acute withdrawwal and another week to a month before you remember it's really easy to not do this stuff and feel actually pretty good.

Benzos and alcohol are the worst addictions to kick by length of acute symptoms and potential lethality & i'm really sorry if you're in that place. You can get put on ativan for alcoholism and xanax is cheap on the street i guess
If you can't walk away from meth, try letting yourself be sober for a couple days you idiot, that crash is your body saying "DUDE CHILL OUT" and i would be blessed if opioids ever did something so obviously painful and draining as the day after a party w/ stimulants.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Scald posted:

It's only been 3 days, wait until you've managed a week off the meth and things will seem better. That's what I told myself last week, but then I ijust wound up meeting some homeless who helped me out wth some meth!

I just go for the alcohol. Weed is OK but I don't like feeling stupid. I did meth once in my hometown and it's probably the only drug that scares me.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
that depends on your definition of sober friend.

idk id say 3yrs ago when unemployed and (temporarily) too broke to afford booze and drugs - then back on when benefits kicked in - then back off when my benefits expired prematurely (gently caress you john boner)...and when i stopped i remember wearing a giant hole right thru the bottom part of my bedsheet on account of stress and being strung out i guess

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

hth posted:

i have a personal theory that this place is like a gym for bettering urself socially and/or emotionally because hey were are all fuckin goons here for a reason over 15+ yrs later

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Mariana Horchata posted:

i have a personal theory that this place is like a gym for bettering urself socially and/or emotionally because hey were are all fuckin goons here for a reason over 15+ yrs later

Yelling at goons is way better for you than getting intoxicated I think so good on him.

Loosely related note, meth is horrible stuff. Where I come from almost all the young people are on meth or heroin and I'd rather deal with the ones on heroin by far.

a dog from hell fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 11, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

define sober

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

a dog from hell posted:

Weed is OK but I don't like feeling stupid.

idgi, i've done some of my best and most coherent programming while high af

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

The White Dragon posted:

idgi, i've done some of my best and most coherent programming while high af

I get very very paranoid unless I'm already drunk. YMMV as they say.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
fair enough, i've always had a good experience with it but i've met plenty people who haven't so it's not like i won't believe you here

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
I dunno, OP, how long has it been since 1974?
Is this Tuesday or Thursday?
What year?
poo poo, is Reagan still president?

zimboe fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 11, 2016

The_end
May 17, 2014
7 years.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I'm sober all the time, but then again I'm not a pointless waste of skin that should be "retired" by the government.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
anytime im at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die