Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Scarecow posted:

Ok well lets hope the ml120 ml140s with out the rubber mounts are ok

They are fine, they are very well balanced and part of the maglev bearing setup means they shouldn't be transferring very much energy to the fan mount anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Keep in mind you have to run them as pwm.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

"...OK"

Lipstick Apathy

Don Lapre posted:

Keep in mind you have to run them as pwm.

Yeah did read the review on them and so far really impressed with how quite they are, they do get loud at max rpm but thats almost purly the metric gently caress ton of air they push

Gonna be nice being able to control them with my aquaero too
Finally worked out how to make custom fan profiles in that software

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Just finished leak testing this:

280+120 in a Phanteks P400s. It's about as full as the case can possibly be but I am happy with the results. Next project is to delid the 3570K, it still gets pretty toasty under overclocked load. The only product that I am disappointed in is the DDC pump, it's a whiny motherfucker. When I get some more money I am going to swap it for a D5.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is there no SLI bridge?

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

"...OK"

Lipstick Apathy

Scholtz posted:

Is there no SLI bridge?

he has a sli ribbon

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

They're 980's. I got the blocks and the interconnect for $25 total so it wasn't much of a sunk cost to use my old cards. They might be replaced by Volta but, to be honest, they're more than enough for anything i do on my computer.

I might get a HB SLI bridge so I can masquerade them as 1080tis 🤔

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh, whoops. I forgot that quad-sli is a thing and thus cards having two sli connections is a thing.

Ezekial
Jan 10, 2014

I have a watercooled server rack computer inside of a istarusa d-400 case.
Innards:
CPU: i7 6700k w/ek block
GPU: 1080ti w/swiftech block
MBO: Hero Alpha VIII
Pump: D5 pump MCP655 or whatever it's called. The go to swiftech pump.
Radiator: 3fan "monsta" radiator. I think alphacool?
Res: Some random small one bought on amazon, has silver insert.
my only concern is the lead I have running from the pump to the cpu. You can see it in the picture, it's fairly long. Is there a worry with that? My only thought is that with the relatively high headpressure of the pump it shouldn't be an issue at all, but let me know what you guys think.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

there shouldn't be any issues with long runs.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

I decided my 7700k was running too hot for all the money I spent on this 420mm custom loop cooler, so I grabbed some thermal grizzly conductonaut and a rockit 88 delid tool. Yielded exactly 20C reduction in load temperatures under the same conditions. The factory thermal compound Intel uses really is complete garbage.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

"...OK"

Lipstick Apathy

Indiana_Krom posted:

I decided my 7700k was running too hot for all the money I spent on this 420mm custom loop cooler, so I grabbed some thermal grizzly conductonaut and a rockit 88 delid tool. Yielded exactly 20C reduction in load temperatures under the same conditions. The factory thermal compound Intel uses really is complete garbage.

There really is zero defence for using tim besides saving a few bucks and possible lost dies from the process, i just hope and continues to put presure on intel forcing them back to soldiering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002
I LOVE THE WHITE STRIPES!

Jeez thats a lot of work for a lowly 7700k. What kind of overclock did it give you?

«16 »