Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
movax
Aug 30, 2008

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

There's two actually!

This one for the regular O11D:
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantu...pwm-d-rgb-plexi

And one that's $30 more for the XL:

I did not know those were things.

I've been thinking about doing a Meshify C build... and then I saw this: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantu...pwm-d-rgb-plexi

I thought I read somewhere that the R6/Meshify C have the same internal structure, just differ in some external cosmetics? Wonder if that would work in a Meshify C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 28, 2011

movax posted:

I did not know those were things.

I've been thinking about doing a Meshify C build... and then I saw this: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantu...pwm-d-rgb-plexi

I thought I read somewhere that the R6/Meshify C have the same internal structure, just differ in some external cosmetics? Wonder if that would work in a Meshify C.

It says it supports the Meshify S2, isn't that more or less the same case? If so it'd help a ton, my C is kinda jammed with tubing

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

It says it supports the Meshify S2, isn't that more or less the same case? If so it'd help a ton, my C is kinda jammed with tubing

Nah, the S2 is loving massive compared to the C I built my work machine in a S2 and it's quite a bit longer. I really need something that's compact enough to mount in a CPU holder under my standing desk not sure if anyone's found a good Goldilocks case for water cooling + mounting under a desk.

What rad config do you have in your C? I'm thinking 240 mm, 360 mm rads, D5 pump, HEATKILLER IV PRO WB so far.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 28, 2011

movax posted:

Nah, the S2 is loving massive compared to the C — I built my work machine in a S2 and it's quite a bit longer. I really need something that's compact enough to mount in a CPU holder under my standing desk — not sure if anyone's found a good Goldilocks case for water cooling + mounting under a desk.

What rad config do you have in your C? I'm thinking 240 mm, 360 mm rads, D5 pump, HEATKILLER IV PRO WB so far.

I have a single 360 slim. I've seen people put a 240 up top as well, but I ended up sticking my res there

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I came here to laugh at you

Anyone have experience with the quality on Bykski water blocks? They're the only company that has announced a 30xx FE block, but I'm not familiar with their reputation like I am EK or Alphacool.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

There's two actually!

This one for the regular O11D:

And one that's $30 more for the XL:
Now, if the front of that plate was a huge aluminium heatsink...

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

IF I JUST LICK ENOUGH BOOT LEATHER, BIG DADDY TRUMP WILL SURELY LOVE ME

What are the pros and cons of going (EVGA RTX3080 XC3 or founders edition RTX3080) + aftermarket waterblock (EK probably) vs an EVGA RTX 3080 Hydrocopper?

Do we know if the hydrocopper will include RGB effects and if so how they will get controlled?

Has anyone announced full coverage blocks for the 3070 yet?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

ilkhan posted:

What are the pros and cons of going (EVGA RTX3080 XC3 or founders edition RTX3080) + aftermarket waterblock (EK probably) vs an EVGA RTX 3080 Hydrocopper?

Do we know if the hydrocopper will include RGB effects and if so how they will get controlled?

Has anyone announced full coverage blocks for the 3070 yet?

The hydrocopper blocks have typically been very (flow) restrictive and subpar. Their reputation has improved but I still think they're hideous and the flow ports are spaced in a janky way

Preinstalled blocks can be a nice improvement in ease of wareanty depending on where you live, and they save a bit of hassle. It's up to you if that's worth it, you can definitely get a better block and mount it with better TIM if you're happy to do it yourself

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

IF I JUST LICK ENOUGH BOOT LEATHER, BIG DADDY TRUMP WILL SURELY LOVE ME

I've never pulled a gpu cooler off, but it sounds like an aftermarket might be betterer. Can run it on air for a minute for testing too.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

One upside of buying the GPU and block separately is it may be possible to continue using the back plate that came with the GPU, you won't have to pay EK another $30 for their back plate. My card is a MSI Sea Hawk X (the AIO GTX 1080) that I removed the AIO from and put on a EK full cover block instead, but I'm still using the stock back plate which honestly looks better than the EK one to me. It works because it is a reference board (same PCB as the FEs), EK says you can't use factory back plates with their water blocks but good luck figuring out why because they have all the same mounting holes in all the same dimensions.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 28, 2011

Man this O11D is so much easier to build in. Though there were still some hangups. There wasn't enough space to attach my GPU's rgb strip so I had to unscrew and move the bottom radiator to fit it in. The pump is higher than I'd like so any time I fill the rest I'll need to remove the fan above. And I'm not sure if I want to shorten that run from the CPU to the top radiator. I have spare tubing so I might give it a shot.

But overall it was way easier than jamming things in my Meshify C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 28, 2011

Double post but I finished the new loop

I ran OCCT on the full power stress test. The CPU (8086K) stayed at 65C, and the GPU (2070S) at 55C. Are those good temps considering nothing is overclocked? I never ran a stress on my old one radiator setup so I don't have anything to compare to