Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

IF I JUST LICK ENOUGH BOOT LEATHER, BIG DADDY TRUMP WILL SURELY LOVE ME

Temps will be higher, and fans will be noisier than you'd probably like but it'll do it. Water-cooling is the old standby, rad space, temps, noise- pick 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I came here to laugh at you

ilkhan posted:

Temps will be higher, and fans will be noisier than you'd probably like but it'll do it. Water-cooling is the old standby, rad space, temps, noise- pick 2.

This. You can probably get away with somewhat quieter fans but your temps will be embarrassing.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I came here to laugh at you

This was a warning. An omen of things to come.

Yes, they tossed two sour patch gummies in the mailer with the block. Trip report once I decide exactly how hot I'm comfortable running GDDR6X memory and if, after some tweaking, any airflow-based thermal gains are worth the tradeoffs.

My initial impression is "Jesus Christ this was a mistake."

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Got a aquacomputer quadro today as I plan to do some loop rebuild / maintenance. Got me thinking why not to buy a Mo-Ra to replace my 2 x 360 rads?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

So I'm going to embark on a custom loop setup using the Corsair 5000D

Any tips for a first time custom loop? Are the EK kits worth it at all as I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the bits needed

Specifically something like this

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-quantum-power-d-rgb-p360-high-performance-watercooling-kit-wc-9z1-ek.html

My only foray into water-cooling in the past has been with AIOs

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 5, 2021