Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Nice! Do you think we'll ever see self-contained/all-in-one units that are as pretty as this? The transparency is very cool (They might already exist I haven't really looked since I built)

I've been using an H80 on my 2600k since December 2011, when should I expect it to die? Have had zero issues and really couldn't be happier with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Just wanted to stop by and say that I too have preordered a 1950X and will be watching what you nerds do closely so that I can copy. AIOs no longer satisfy me, I need to go deeper

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

rage-saq posted:

EKWB will have one out on TR launch. I would make sure you have some good radiators to go with it too.

I don't plan on having everything ready to go immediately, as Vega release is what, 8 days later? I haven't even looked, but what radiator sizes are there past 280mm? I'd imagine 360 (for 3x120mm fans?) and 420 (3x140) ? :420:

As far as cases go, I really really really like that Corsair Crystal 570X, but it's a bit cramped. Show me where the good glass cases are hiding.

I remember really wanting to build a UV Plexiglass rig back when I was a child and lived vicariously through magazines, whatever happened to that??

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

What's the good word on X399/TR4 monoblocks? Is this something I really have to preorder?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

What are my options for throwing an AIO on a Vega 64?

The Alphacool NexXxos GPX - AMD RX Vega M01 looks nice, I just pair this up with one of their >120mm radiators? and a hose that fits yeah?

240/360 seems like overkill, but that seems to be required if you really want to keep HBM at 1200mhz

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Ahh I see now, thanks. Wasn't awake yet when I decided I wanted to do this. The product descriptions leave a bit to be desired. I suppose this would be the one I wanted. I already have a 240mm Corsair AIO in this Crystal 570x that doesn't actually fit (even though they will tell you it does). Have been running it with just one fan, not nearly as much of a compromise as expected

I was trying to avoid doing this to "just" an 1800X system, but I'm still waiting for a X399 Motherboard I like and a Monoblock to go with it. This will be good practice. I really really want to do hard lines but this seems quite a bit easier

How about this instead:
EK-FB GA AX370 Gaming RGB Monoblock - Nickel
EK-FC Radeon Vega - Nickel
EK-FC Radeon Vega Backplate - Nickel
EK-CoolStream CE 420 (Triple)
EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. sleeved pump)
EK-RES X3 110
EK-DuraClear 11,1/15,9mm x2
EK-CryoFuel Clear Premix 900 mL x2
EK-ACF Fitting 12/16mm - White x8
LED 3mm Twin Ultra UV x2 (For GPU block)

Comes out to ~$720 with my guesstimates for fittings/tube/premix. I know this is extremely unrealistic but I would like to make one order and not need to buy and wait for other poo poo

What I think I need to figure out:
- Are dual pumps worth it? It seems like you get ~1.8x head pressure and flow rate, along with redundancy. It seems like monoblocks benefit more from this
- Is that reservoir big enough? I kind of want a huge one because they look cool and I have space
- How many fittings do I need? (My first guess is 8)
- What is the difference between 10/16 and 12/16 tubing? Is that the thickness of the tube wall?? Which one do I want
- How much tubing will I need?
- Are scissors enough to cut this?
- How much premix do I need? I think I'm going to go with clear. Is there a reason they don't have milky white? Is there an additive to make it glow in the dark or be UV reactive? Yes I'm 12
- Are the included EK-TIM Ectotherm / Thermal Pads good enough?

I'm sure I've forgotten a few things. Does everyone in here really flush every 6 months? I see a lot of people getting away with 12

I already have the fans I need for either a push or push/pull setup. I'll probably use 6 because I love fan noise.

I'd also like to get nice looking power cables while I've got everything disassembled. This box has an AX860i. I'd like both white cables and white fittings if possible 💅

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

The "threads" are listed as G1/4 on all of the items, it seems like the fittings are all also G1/4. Where are the measurements for the tubes listed? It's odd they aren't in that same table at the bottom

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Oh I guess I read your post wrong. When you said "My kit" I thought there were tube size limitations based on the components

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I'm ok with that. The only real EK horror stories I've seen have been self inflicted, hopefully I'm not next heh

How should I route the fill port/drain valve? It would be extremely slick if I could route this and mount it on the back panel somewhere. That's the only side of the computer that isn't glass (other than the bottom)

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

That's a good protip re: angled fittings, thank you. I had noticed that it did look very clean

Don Lapre posted:

For your drain just gotta put it together before tubing and see where things go. I run mine inline with my tubing

:eyepop: that's gorgeous dude. How do you have the controller mounted in there? I hadn't considered just putting one in there sideways like that. Looked over at this tower like "welp, no drive bays" and that was that

I'm assuming the outlet from the GPU block on the bottom is going back to the rad/pump? Is it best to run them like that? I was thinking it would look a little cleaner/tighter if I could do them both on the same side

I really like what they did in their guide with the M/M extenders, the 3F splitter, and the ball valve

Can you do custom inserts inside the reservoir? The EK logo is ok but if I could put my own shape in there that'd be fantastic

It's looking like multiple orders/shipments is unavoidable :sigh: Going to have to fit and route everything first to see if I need more/different angled fittings. I'll have to wait till it gets here, but my plan is to run a fill port from the back of the case towards the top that'd have a downward slope into the top of the res. I think I'll be able to run the splitter off the rad and still have enough downward slope on the way to the back panel In a perfect world I might try to put the ball valve on the outside so that I don't have to take the side off at all when I swap fluid.

It's too bad they don't also offer white versions of everything I'm getting in Nickel.

That PrimoChill stuff looks neat, it's too bad the only UV they offer is green. I love warm piss as much as the next guy but that's just not my color for this build. Who else can be trusted for additives? I just had an absurd/dumb thought about a build with sea monkeys in the reservoir. They probably don't like PPG too much lol

I decided to get the Dual D5 instead. Monoblocks seem to benefit more from the added flow, and anecdotally the people I see with the highest clocked vegas are running dual pumps, so maybe it is important in mitigating that tiny little hotspot. Looks like it cycles all of the water in the system almost twice as fast (which is just a few seconds, right?)

My new cart:
EK-FB GA AX370 Gaming RGB Monoblock - Nickel
EK-FC Radeon Vega - Nickel
EK-FC Radeon Vega Backplate - Nickel
EK-CoolStream CE 420 (Triple)
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
EK-RES X3 250 Lite
EK-UNI Pump Bracket (140mm FAN) Vertical
EK-ACF Fitting 10/16mm - White (6-pack) x2
EK-DuraClear 9,5/15,9mm 3M RETAIL x2
EK-CryoFuel Clear Premix 900 mL x2
LED 3mm Twin Ultra UV x2 (For GPU block)
EK-AF Angled 2×45° G1/4 Nickel x2
EK-AF T-Splitter 3F G1/4 - Nickel
EK-AF Ball Valve (10mm) G1/4 - Nickel
EK-AF Extender 20mm M-M G1/4 - Nickel x2

I think that's enough to get things going, order is on the way! I am become ocean man

It looks like mod-one does white plugs and sleeves/cables, unless anyone has a better suggestion I think I'm gonna go with them. This level of customization is hilarious, it's like custom computer shoelaces

E: Hell yes they do it in 5cm increments, I always wondered how people did this so tidy

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 5, 2018

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I actually didn't because the purchase got flagged and they locked the card, lucky! For some reason I thought the front was 3x140mm fans, but the max is actually 2 for 140.

Looks like the XE 360 + 240GTS is the move. The GTS is thin enough that the 2nd fan will still fit above the ram, which is awesome. I like the idea of the 120 at the back, would the idea be to route that between the Monoblock and the GPU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I didn't realize it, but this case actually has slotted mounts on the bottom of the case for pumps and reservoirs, which is nifty. I have 6xHD120 and 2xHD140s, they top out at 1750rpm. I don't think they're all that loud at that speed, either It looks like the XE in push/pull will be <10mm too deep with the fans for both the pump and the top rad/fans. The GTS 360 seems pretty fantastic from that chart, should I just get one of those to go with the 240 up top?

E: I've found one clear UV reactive pre-mix, and it's out of stock :sigh: any other suggestions?

Double edit: Whatever payment processing company EKWB uses, my card company is not a fan. They just blocked it again even though I just spoke to them about this. Is it because they're in Slovenia or some poo poo?

Triple edit: Amazon sells the GTS240/360, I'm just going to order those first and see how those fit while I wait to get elaborately scammed by some Slovenian Teens

Quad damage: Radiators get here today or tomorrow, everything else arrives on the 15th! Bought a tailor's measuring ribbon or whatever to figure out how long my cable runs are going to be

Thanks for all of the help so far, you have collectively prevented me from making several mistakes. I owe you all beers

Anything I might want to know about this Black/UV Blue fluid, it looks like it might be tasty to drink.

GTS240/360 showed up today. The 360 fits with push fans even with the thicker Corsair AIO up top. Will have to wait until I break it all down to see how far back I can mount the 240, I might be down a pull fan otherwise. Same goes for the pump/res mount on the bottom, but there's a lot of extra on the PSU shroud I could cut off. Routing is going to be interesting.

Didn't realize I could get the UV additive I wanted from Amazon. Got that and a funnel on the way

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 12, 2018