Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

acting like the rule of cool isn't in play for PC mods is pretty naive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

I think Linus has a water-cooled server in his rack om linustechtips

i think his home pc (and maybe his wife's) are rackmounted watercooled beasts. DIdn't he run cables through a wall for perfect silence, too?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Well, he had a lot of help. Linus' practical skills are very, very hit & miss.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Luke has some basic skills and it seems that new guy, Jake was hired expressly because he knows how to build poo poo.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

speak of the devil :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HO6Ys3PPIw

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I really don't get the point of that build, they have beast PCs in each editor's station. Why not just have them render stuff locally rather than transfer files to another machine. I don't know a lot about editing workflow, so I might be offbase here. Is it so the editors' machines aren't bogged down rendering and they can keep working? Why not just have an edit box in the editing room?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

just get a big phanteks or nzxt case, they're almost all great. Fractal Design too, if you love monoliths.

well why not fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 10, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

nice work Jay

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'ts only a matter of time before full-mobo waterblocks are a reality

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah the 750s are known to get extremely spicy under heavy load. It's not surprising, seeing as they're basically the biggest non-GPU thing that goes into a PCIe slot. Realistically, we'll probably start seeing GPU-style active cooling solutions on M.2 and PCIe SSDs at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Are closed loop coolers supposed to be less noisy than giant monolith fins with fans on them? I'm getting tired of my H80 being louder than the rest of my components combined when all I'm doing is just browsing the forums.

Would be better if I coughed up for a 240 cooler? Or even bought a new case that could support a 280 cooler?

none are really any quieter than a Dark Rock or equiv. Noctua cooler