Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Happy to see that these accomplished plagiarists are back releasing a new project. Their PR people's revisionist history will inevitably insist that the reason their trio of records simultaneously released flopped years ago was due to the singer's drinking problem finally boiling over instead of the simple fact that the entire project was poo poo. There are NO great triple records in music history, let alone 3 records simultaneously released.

The best thing that could happen was for them to flop in order for a producer to be given the latitude of doubt and actually serve as a voice of reason and editor, instead of enabling indulgence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

that's not a triple album

homie's a doofus but that's not what he meant at all

I'm not a doofus, poser.

There's nobody who has released 3 records simultaneously to great success. There are artists who dropped 2 records at once - for example, Guns n Roses 'Use Your Illusions 1 & 1' (not my favorite example, btw) - and found success, bu to release three practically at once the way Green Day did...no loving way. As soon as you hear 'triple album' that should be an alert that whoever was guiding the band said 'gently caress it', took the money and mentally checked out.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Cemetry Gator posted:

69 Love Songs would like to argue with you. I'm just saying.

And maybe Sandinista.

The thing is Green Day just isn't that musically adventurous to do that successfully.

I humbly will make exception for The Clash and promise to reconsider The Magentic Fields in the near future.

• Locked thread