Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

no they are not potato chips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's formed potato flour is it not? :shrug:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

They are potato crisps.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

they are formed potato patties

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
They are potato moldings

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Pringles are poo poo.

Conn's potato chips or go gently caress your mother. They are delicious because they are totally saturated with fat and butter. I smash a bunch in my fist, dip my whole hand in a tub of sour cream, then eat that poo poo right out of my hand with no shirt on in a kiddy pool out front where my state ward gives me my baths (I am morbidly obese).

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They have the most structural integrity of any potato product and naturally conform to the shape of your palette, which sucks sometimes because if you've ever got a Pringle dead center on your tongue you now it's hard to get it to one side or the other to chew, and you just like wtf with a crisp stuck on your tongue.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Yes but I know what ur getting at but if Pringles aren't chibs then neither are tortilla chibs like Doritos because its like the same kind of processing.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
it depends on how pedantible u want to be

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

They have the most structural integrity of any potato product and naturally conform to the shape of your palette, which sucks sometimes because if you've ever got a Pringle dead center on your tongue you now it's hard to get it to one side or the other to chew, and you just like wtf with a crisp stuck on your tongue.

i heard cleft palate baby got killed by a pringle

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Pringles are not legally allowed to market themselves as potato chips.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

once I popped and couldn't stop and now i am immobile due to obesity down with the Pringle machine

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Pringles are not legally allowed to market themselves as potato chips.

neither are your dads holes but that doesnt stop us from having just one

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Celluloid Sam posted:

once I popped and couldn't stop and now i am immobile due to obesity down with the Pringle machine

would your immobility prevent you from purchasing some any one of the fantastic variesties of pringle products?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My mother was killed by a pringles can :(

edit: don't ask what she was doing with it

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

they are too fragile for scooping of salsa etc and therefore deserve only scorn and contempt

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

chips aren't even chips

they're slices

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hth posted:

would your immobility prevent you from purchasing some any one of the fantastic variesties of pringle products?

amazon dash

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

kecske posted:

they are too fragile for scooping of salsa etc and therefore deserve only scorn and contempt

the only potato chips that belong in any kind of dip are original ruffles

why the gently caress would you be dipping a flavored chip anyway?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

are pringles italian or did mr pringle have a big figaro mustache

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah they are op they def are

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

im gaye posted:

i heard cleft palate baby got killed by a pringle

They can stick in your upper palette dude. Then you literally have to break them with your tongue in some sort of primal fear survival mode.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

has amazon has finally perfected the technology of forcing an underpaid ethnic to drive over to your house and hand-feed you pringles like the fat gerbil from the eddie murphy movie about fat eddie murphy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

How come you can't buy individual size dips with the small size chip bags?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hth posted:

has amazon has finally perfected the technology of forcing an underpaid ethnic to drive over to your house and hand-feed you pringles like the fat gerbil from the eddie murphy movie about fat eddie murphy

yeah but get this it's a guinea pig

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

How come you can't buy individual size dips with the small size chip bags?

because pringles are the ikea furniture of potato chips and have the tensile strength of my self-esteem

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
they are made from corn u idiot!@!!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

here in Canada they do have little dips

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Celluloid Sam posted:

here in Canada they do have little dips

i didnt know you were canadian

i always thought canadians reproduced by budding

kinda makes u think

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hth posted:

i didnt know you were canadian

i always thought canadians reproduced by budding

kinda makes u think

no we still do the sex thing it's just cold and uncomfortable

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Of course they aren't, but they're good and addictive in the same way.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
fun fact: in England, chips are called "crisps"

you won't believe what they call "chips"!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
sand is very small rocks

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

They are potato chips in the same way that chicken nuggets are chicken.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I went to a co-worker's house for a party and drank a lot of beer and then did some shots of "moonshine" and then ate a whole sleeve of Pringles BBQ flavor. I really don't remember eating them except that they were awful. Please continue with the discussion.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Tuxedo Gin posted:

the only potato chips that belong in any kind of dip are original ruffles

why the gently caress would you be dipping a flavored chip anyway?

oh the ignorance. i almost envy the moment you discover just how wrong you are

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

quote:

LP: Along those lines, is it true you invented the machine that makes Pringles potato chips?

GW: I developed it. I did not invent it. That was done by a German gentlemen whose name I've forgotten for years. I developed the machine that cooks them. He had invented the basic idea, how to make the potato dough, pressing it between two forms, more or less as in a wrap-around, immersing them in hot cooking oil, and so forth and so on. And we were then called in, I was in the engineering development division, and asked to develop mass production equipment to make these chips. And we divided the task into the dough making/dough rolling portion, which was done by Len Hooper, and the cooking portion, which was done by me, and then the pickoff and salting portion, which was done by someone else, and then the can filling/can sealing portion which was done by a man who was almost driven insane by the program. Because he would develop a machine, and he would have it almost ready to go, and they would say "Oh, instead of 300 cans a minute, make it 500 cans a minute." And so he would have to throw out a bunch of stuff, and develop the new machine, and when he got that one about ready, they'd say "make it 700 cans a minute." And they almost put him in a mental hospital. He took his job very seriously and he just about flipped out.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lay's Stax are cheaper and taste better

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

another victim of pringles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec