Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«438 »
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

I really like the stevenbombs because sitting down once a week to watch a ten minute show feels ridiculous, I much prefer a big lump of episodes at once.

So is it REALLY coming back on July 2nd? I can't watch the video so I don't know if you're being real.

I like the Steven bombs too... in theory. The problem is in their execution. Whether they're intentionally killing the show or they're just staffed by fools, by doing Steven bombs instead of just going week to week, it doesn't let tension build. Okay, it builds tension for us grown-up losers watching children's cartoons, but for the actually-important-to-the-network kids' demographic, it gives them time to forget and stop caring.

I think part of the problem is serialization, and that whoever's running the show in Atlanta is stupidly afraid of alienating any viewers with a contextless rerun of a serious episode when they could just show any episode of TTG or one of their other episodic shows and probably keep a few more eyeballs on screen. And granted something like "A Single Pale Rose" out of context would be super weird for the casual viewer, but drat come on guys, take a chance.

tl,dr: Stevenbombs are all well and good, but they need to be done in addition to regular airing if this show's gonna keep going for 6 seasons and a movie.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2018 around 21:55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

STOP BEING EVIL.

Ideally they would've left a good long time between Lapis on the Moon and Inside Pearl's forehead, and then aired the two episodes that take place literally within 5 minutes of eachother closer together.

I mean seriously, everybody basically forgot about Lapis's song, where she might go next, what they're going to do about that moon Barn, and even Steven's dream in the wake of the big reveal. That dream could've been a month's worth of speculation, and instead it came off as a wet fart.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2018 around 00:57

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Monk make thee?

I remember it.

Say Nothing
Mar 4, 2013

Anyone want a really creepy avatar?

ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

It took me several hours after seeing Pale Rose to realise there was also a Lapis episode out.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

It could be worse; I saw the trailer for the next bomb at the end of the lapis episode. I didn't even have time to realize and pause before the big twist hit.

The Ayshkerbundy
Mar 22, 2016

make no bones about it

Senerio posted:

It could be worse; I saw the trailer for the next bomb at the end of the lapis episode. I didn't even have time to realize and pause before the big twist hit.

Yeah whoever edited that Dailymotion upload (I can see their intention was so that the credits would be in the video) really didn't think things through

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

Next time on Steven Universe...

Eyeball Ruby poses as Crystal Gem Ruby to fool Sapphire into marrying her and forming Bizzaro Garnet in the attempt to betray and shatter Steven once and for all! Will she succeed? Will Sapphire see any of this coming? Will anyone notice that her gem is clearly visible on her face and not on her hand?

Tune in to find out the answers to all these questions...and more!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ARE YOU READY FOR A MIRACLE?

College Slice

https://skymeow-o7.tumblr.com/post/...idot-the-little

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

One Potato to rule them all,
One Potato to find them,
One Potato to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them.

Bread Liar

TwoPair posted:

I like the Steven bombs too... in theory. The problem is in their execution. Whether they're intentionally killing the show or they're just staffed by fools, by doing Steven bombs instead of just going week to week, it doesn't let tension build. Okay, it builds tension for us grown-up losers watching children's cartoons, but for the actually-important-to-the-network kids' demographic, it gives them time to forget and stop caring.

At this point, I'd even be happy if they Netflixed it and dumped everything out there. It's all going to be rerun to death over the next decade anyway, if that's all Cartoon Network cares about, why wait?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Season 1 (up until Jailbreak) is now on UK netflix apparently

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

Skullgirls devs are perverts who are having an hangover after a succesful indiegogo. They watched the tropes vs women and they hate their fans, repented and now want to be seen as Legit Indie Game Developers in the IGF ballpit/circlejerk for hipsters.

Pomp has also an anime avatar.

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Yeah whoever edited that Dailymotion upload (I can see their intention was so that the credits would be in the video) really didn't think things through

I managed to keep it a secret from my partner until that moment, I was so rustled

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Season 1 (up until Jailbreak) is now on UK netflix apparently

Someone on reddit says it's the PAL speedup version with gay stuff censored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

The one cool thing about that garbage is that most UK fans have been calling out CNUK about the decision to censor it being bigoted garbage.

«438 »