Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«522 »
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results
SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

STOP BEING EVIL.

Taear posted:

I don't watch Anime - but when I think cartoon movie I think Transformers the Movie. So that's sort of what I was expecting.

The movie starts in a time skip to the far flung year of 2037, and an entire alien civilization who we meet for the first time gets brutally slaughtered in the opening scene. Gems are now living on earth in a futuristic city. Everyone from the main cast is shattered except for Amethyst, and Steven dies in combat with Yellow Diamond. He tries to pass his gem onto Connie, but it's accudentally intercepted by Steven's new friend we've never seen before: Rodney. Yellow Diamond is also mortally wounded, and her subordinates discard the body only for it to be remade into a new gem voiced by Jolene Blalock.

Rodney and a brand new cast of characters including Connie and the only ever male gem go on a wild adventure through space, crash landing on an alien quarry planet where they meet a character who only talks in internet memes and eventually become friends while dancing to a Weird Al song. Eventually, Rodney travels to Homeworld to save Greg and Amethyst from the new big bad using the power of Steven's gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomFerret
Apr 18, 2008

WHAT IS A JUGGALO?
A HULKAMANIAC

HE POWERBOMBS MOTHERFUCKERS INTO THUMBTACKS

The big bad is voiced by multiple emmy and oscar-winning actress Cloris Leachman. She will phone in her performance and die two months after the movie is released.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The unexpected reception to the death of Steven causes the Star Vs The Forces of Evil movie to be hastily recut so Star Butterfly is referred to as being in a coma rather than dead.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl and FOURTEEN KARAT GOLD!!!

Warning: SU Season 3 Spoilers

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The unexpected reception to the death of Steven causes the Star Vs The Forces of Evil movie to be hastily recut so Star Butterfly is referred to as being in a coma rather than dead.

Said movie will be mostly remembered for the really good opening sequence

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

And great music by Stan Bush

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

drrockso20 posted:

Actually funny thing is a bunch of really awesomely hosed up biopunk villains would fit into Star Vs way better than they did into GI Joe.

Pick posted:

And great music by Stan Bush

Mixing our metaphors here. I think.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

Jolene Blalock.

Nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU