Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ooo nice you can see Ruby and Sapphire for a sec again when Sardonyx falls apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Okay but this chart is missing the best possible ship:

Semi-corrupted Centipeetle and Semi-corrupted Jasper.

Monster girlfriends!

And when they fuse they'll form this majestic creature:

http://therebetterbespoops.tumblr.com/post/148857943103/introducing

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Yeah, I think basically it would be like this:

Primary crystal gems: garnet amethyst, and pearl, and steven

Barnyard gems: peridot and lapis

Island gems: jasper and the rubies

and once corruption is curable, corrupted gems would go to the base they were captured in

honestly, if they can turn jasper, all former pink diamond gems could be swayed

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 13, 2016

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

MrSlam posted:

From what I understand fans of the show bombard her with questions on all her social media, and she didn't feel the need to answer and respond to every tweet. Some people got angry with her for that and she got frustrated that everyone was using her as a surrogate for talking directly to the show. Somewhere along the lines people started arguing about Jasper and shipping, and it may have been ironic at first before going improbably more stupid.

Unless everyone was a ninja that removed like every tweet to her about that sort of stuff on twitter like seconds after she deactivated, it was more from just having to answer questions all the time rather than whatever overly dramatic reason people around her painted. (I'm going by what colleagues and close folk told about around the time she decided to deactivate and what was going around her mentions). Not every time a big-name creator decides to stop engage the viewership of her audience has to be Perfect Blue guys.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
does anyone have any cute lapidot pics? I'm kinda feeling jonesin

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The single act that endeared me to Peridot was how in spite of continuing to be comically tactless and alien towards everything social or emotional, it's somehow Lapis's very complex baggage that she managed to wrap her head around and be properly sensitive and respectful towards.

I also thought it was cool that when Jasper was talking poo poo in Earthlings, Peridot didn't even hesitate for a second and wonder if she was right about anything.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thechosenone posted:

Yeah, I think basically it would be like this:

Primary crystal gems: garnet amethyst, and pearl, and steven

Barnyard gems: peridot and lapis

Island gems: jasper and the rubies

and once corruption is curable, corrupted gems would go to the base they were captured in

honestly, if they can turn jasper, all former pink diamond gems could be swayed

We...are the Barnyard Gems

And we really just want to watch our show, please go away.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

kidcoelacanth posted:

Didn't use "sad gay, so what," thread is ruined.

this unironically

also this marathon has been absolutely exhausting, I'm kinda glad it's over, a (reasonable) hiatus until the fall would be a great way to recuperate.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Counterpoint: I wish literally every single new episode of Steven Universe was released tomorrow. Please don't end the marathon. :(

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

Counterpoint: I wish literally every single new episode of Steven Universe was released tomorrow. Please don't end the marathon. :(

Yeah, I liked having it to look forward to after coming home from work.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

thechosenone posted:

does anyone have any cute lapidot pics? I'm kinda feeling jonesin

Through the power of Tumblr search, I present the first thing I found:

I'm really coming around to this being a thing in general. Reminds me of a lot of my favorite pairings.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well if we're going to be silly and post shipping preferences might as well post mine;

Steven/Connie
Garnet
Pearl/Jasper(possibly with some of the Ruby Squad as well)
Amethyst/Peridot/Lapis(and maybe the Ruby Squad member that clearly crushes on Lapis)
Ronaldo/Jane
Lars/Sadie
Cool Kids OT3
Greg/Barbara(I think it'd be cute, and honestly it'd do Greg some good if he started dating again)
Jamie/Kevin(an artist I like ships them and her art makes me ship them too cause it's cute and hilarious)

And yes I'm aware this makes me shipper trash

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Since we're revealing our inner fangarbage secrets, Beta really sold me on Lapis and Peridot as a couple. They're just adorable together and Peridot is so concerned about Lapis's feelings despite being a socially inept little dorkus. :kimchi:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I had the joke idea of Blue Diamond and Yellow Diamond being redeemed and living at the Pizza and Fry places, where Blue Diamond develops a crush on Ronaldo.

But then I had the much better idea of them living with Lars and Sadie and giving them advice on their relationship.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Roth posted:

I had the joke idea of Blue Diamond and Yellow Diamond being redeemed and living at the Pizza and Fry places, where Blue Diamond develops a crush on Ronaldo.

But then I had the much better idea of them living with Lars and Sadie and giving them advice on their relationship.

I can't decide which would be better, Yellow Diamond/Mayor Dewey or Yellow Pearl/Mayor Dewey

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Roth posted:

I'm really coming around to this being a thing in general. Reminds me of a lot of my favorite pairings.

It is cute, but her hand is backwards.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nooo I couldn't get this in before the last thread closed

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_obpxcroLfv1tskbw0.mp4#_=_

Roth posted:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Greg hosed a rock, Jasper hosed a pet rock.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Greg wanted to gently caress a car as well, lets not forget.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
New theory: Greg is a weirdo dragonkin.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Buckets posted:

New theory: Ronaldo is a weirdo dragonkin.

ftfy, canon

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm just hoping that if there's ever a Steven-Amethyst-Peridot fusion that they forgo the traditional Gem names and just have them call themselves the Shorty Squad. :3:

"YOU JUST GOT WRECKED BY THE SHORTY SQUAD, YOU CLOD!"

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

thechosenone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WmaAl6hPzw

Do not ship an abusive relationship. I will skull-gently caress you.

I am an extremely moral shipper

I understand your desire to ship the big buff cheeto puff, but you know how I jested about pearl not wanting any of jasper? I'm pretty sure that is for real WRT Lapis. I'm pretty sure Peridot would forget her stature and leap to protect lapis from jasper if she appear before her. all lapis ships must deal with peridot before they can reach the goal and reel it in!

I'll ship what I want you're not my mom!!!

lapidot is good tho

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Here have a thing I just did because I thought it would be funny

I'm sorry

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Don't be. Certainly better than starting to get uncomfortably unironic shipping talk

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

shipping is so good and cool it was one of the first earth things peridot got into

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

I wish the realities of making a tv show didn't exist so we could keep this release schedule forever...

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Shipping is a thing people do but like... The shows gonna do its thing, so.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Kunster posted:

Unless everyone was a ninja that removed like every tweet to her about that sort of stuff on twitter like seconds after she deactivated, it was more from just having to answer questions all the time rather than whatever overly dramatic reason people around her painted. (I'm going by what colleagues and close folk told about around the time she decided to deactivate and what was going around her mentions). Not every time a big-name creator decides to stop engage the viewership of her audience has to be Perfect Blue guys.

I gotta admit, I was reading about the whole thing on a different site where they were having arguments about what was happening. I'm not a very thorough journalist.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Pick posted:

HOW DARE IT NOT CONFORM TO WHAT I WANTED/READ INTO THINGS

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

http://tooneyd.tumblr.com/post/115449575428/jasper-has-a-nightmare

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Pick posted:

Luke/Leia shipper circa 1983

"aw, dangit George"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Roth posted:

I kinda want this to happen, just so the Lapidot fusion spends the rest of the episode running around and screaming.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Speaking of the Shorty Squad, would Ruby and Sapphire count as members? Or are they disqualified because they spend almost all their time as Garnet?

high six
Feb 6, 2010
Did anyone ever talk about how it was likely Bismuth that poofed Lapis Lazuli back in the war? I never saw it in the last thread. Either way I just found it out watching through old episodes.

In Same Old World, Lapis gives Steven a history lesson of her life, and she shows that a bulky, rainbow haired, square gem poofed her back in the war. Of course we recently were introduced to Bismuth who perfectly matches the character shown in the flashback. I hope this becomes a part of the story down the line and Bismuth and Lazuli meet again.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I loving hate smokey quartz.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

I loving hate smokey quartz.

I like smokey quartz.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Smokey Quartz is the Chandler Bing of the Crystal Gems. Cover up those crushing feelings of inadequacy with humour, Smoke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Now that Jasper is incapacitated, how long before the heroes become aware of another imminent threat? It can be assumed that Yellow Diamond is going to come to retrieve the cluster before too long, but nobody really seems sufficiently concerned about this to mention it on screen.

I'm holding out hope that they find out something about Homeworld's next move in Future Boy Zoltron, which seems to include Sapphire having some kind of important vision of the future