Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Walk away forever, or migrate to the shambling security nightmare that is Discord? Truly, a question for the ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Steven Universe sez: gently caress lowtax

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

What the gently caress

what hte gently caress

How am I just now finding out they’re making a Steven Universe game based on Steven & the Stevens?!

oot
Jun 28, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R1QY3ms9WY

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Wasn't there a Zoom Q+A yesterday with two people who worked on the show yesterday, or did I imagine that?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is there anything else that's good like this that's up and coming on TV?

oot
Jun 28, 2019

Recording of Rebecca Sugar and Estelle's charity stream a couple days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQejA57bYCU

And the full version of Change Your Mind that was a reward for raising enough money: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDmCyy_HRkm/

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Boba Pearl posted:

I mean, nothing's ever gonna be exactly the same, but there's a lot out there. Just try a bunch of random poo poo, something will surely scratch that itch.
Personally I really liked Star vs. The Forces Of Evil on Disney (now concluded). Much like SU it has a goofy first season that quickly turns into "the world is far more complex than you think" and ends with the status quo being destroyed. The recently concluded Netflix She-Ra show has all the action and all the gay you want.

Check out the General Kids' Show Discussion Thread to get recommendations on all sorts of stuff.

Oh as long as I'm posting here, I guess you can check out literally the least surprising thing I've ever read, an interview where Sugar talks about how hard it was to get all the gay stuff on the air.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
This thread got me to watch Mob Psycho 100 on Netflix, which was really good for a live-action anime and very much in the theme of "kill your enemies with kindness". The bodybuilder club alone makes that show worth watching.

I recently enjoyed watching both seasons of Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts on Netflix despite it being a Dreamworks title. There's some decent worldbuilding and LGBT representation in it, and where else are you gonna see 200 foot tall Corgis running wild?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You watched the live-action version? Why? Watch the anime instead.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
It hadn’t even crossed my mind because only the live action show is on Netflix but now Im totally gonna go back and check out the real deal, thank you.

oot
Jun 28, 2019

Boba Pearl posted:

It depends on what you were getting out of Steven Universe. Mob Psycho (like someone already mentioned), OK KO, She-Ra, and The Midnight Gospel, could all give you some of the things SU did, but nothing will give you all of it. My personal replacement is Kill Six Billion Demons.

oot
Jun 28, 2019

Oh, and also my fic. Wink.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I assume somebody already said Homestuck?

oot
Jun 28, 2019

It's Steven's Birthday today.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Happy belated birthday steven.

oot
Jun 28, 2019

https://twitter.com/taikova/status/1295153742657069058

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
found leaks for the new secret season

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
(sigh) One final time.

The Creative Arts Emmys were parceled out over the course of the past week. So it's time to play the last ever round of "What Did Steven Universe Lose The Emmy To This Time?"

The nominee: "Fragments".
The winner: Forky Asks A Question: "What Is Love?" (Pixar, for Disney+)

Well, at least it wasn't goddamn Robot Chicken again.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ehhh I would not have nominated Fragments personally (it's my least favourite episode of Future), but to each their own.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

found leaks for the new secret season

Yolo: Crystal Fantasy is a masterpiece.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Maybe the final R1 DVD news we're getting for this series.

https://twitter.com/CNschedules/status/1310030588112326656

As another helpful tweeter notes, SU is only the fifth multi-season CN series with a complete series release on physical media.

As for BluRay, if it didn't happen for Adventure Time, we might as well stop trying to drill that hole. :shrug:

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 27, 2020

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Well, that sucks, because I'm not buying a DVD, and I would have paid quite a lot for a Bluray set.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Wait, we're getting DVD releases without Blu-Ray counterparts in TYOOL 2020?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

They have individual seasons on Blu-Ray so it's probably just a matter of time

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

overmind2000 posted:

They have individual seasons on Blu-Ray so it's probably just a matter of time

No, they don’t. Not in the US, anyway.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Apparently there was an episode of Future in the works all about Rhodonite, and how they'd been repeatedly factory reset in order to break them up, but it got cut for extensive design overhead and inability to cram it down into 11 minutes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Madurai posted:

Apparently there was an episode of Future in the works all about Rhodonite, and how they'd been repeatedly factory reset

I'm imagining the Diamonds sticking a giant paperclip into the tiny hole on the back of Rhodonite's head.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Madurai posted:

Apparently there was an episode of Future in the works all about Rhodonite, and how they'd been repeatedly factory reset in order to break them up, but it got cut for extensive design overhead and inability to cram it down into 11 minutes.

Do you mean Rutile? Factory resetting would make more sense for her rather than Rhodonite. The idea would probably need more than 11 minutes to do it justice which might have factored into it being cut as well.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

overmind2000 posted:

Do you mean Rutile? Factory resetting would make more sense for her rather than Rhodonite. The idea would probably need more than 11 minutes to do it justice which might have factored into it being cut as well.

No, it was Rhodonite.

quote:

In the theoretical episode, Peridot would have created a device to let gems know how many times they’d been Rejuvenated (essentially rebooted to base forms). Most Gems ended up never being Rejuvenated, while some went through the process once or twice before. But Rhodonite — a fusion of a Pearl and a Ruby — would’ve been revealed to be Rejuvenated 17 times.

“We delved into her past and tried to help her reclaim her memories,” explained Sugar. “It became this anthology ... this love story that keeps happening. Every time the Pearl and the Ruby that make up Rhodonite found each other and fell in love, they were then Rejuvenated so they wouldn’t remember. But every time they would keep finding each other again.”
Definitely would've been tough to do in 11 minutes though.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So it's Eternal Sunshine for gems?

Sold. I'm sad it didn't happen.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gann Jerrod posted:

No, it was Rhodonite.

Definitely would've been tough to do in 11 minutes though.

Yeah, that would have needed a two-parter. Maybe they could have cut Bluebird to make time for it

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All of the Off-Colors, and Nephrite, deserved focus episodes. There's no time. We all have such little time.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I wonder if Future was supposed to be more of that, but as they worked on the premise they realized that Steven's self-worth was a story they wanted to delve far more into.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

gently caress old CN execs.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The answer is probably the best thing 2016 did.

bean_mcbean
May 21, 2006

*** ****** ***!!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/fanfiction_txt/status/1312495601594982404

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2eU4Ol3IDU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to take multiple attempts to succeed at ube roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYRG5rkmr-s