Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Be sure to eat three meals every day, just a Cookie Cat in the morning is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Connie starts the episode irritable for an unspecified reason. Steven jokes about the bald wig "my dad said this would happen but I didn't think it would be overnight"

uh...huh

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I am prepared with glass in hand, ready to spit-take

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Guys, bold prediction.

I think this episode will be cute.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Flying-PCP posted:

Connie starts the episode irritable for an unspecified reason. Steven jokes about the bald wig "my dad said this would happen but I didn't think it would be overnight"

uh...huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWw2zkBqbT0

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I'm ready for this to be The Best Episode.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

It's an Alternate Universe Griffin's Amiibo Corner...

this show doesn't need any more vore

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Philip Rivers posted:

I'm ready for this to be The Best Episode.

Chances are good

Holo-pearls have a fusion dance

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Sudden realization: the Diamonds might have been able to nip the rebellion in the bud if A) Blue Diamond hasn't been so worried about the rebellion that she summoned a powerful clairvoyant to Earth and B) they weren't such sticks in the mud about fusion that Ruby and Sapphire fusing didn't give the rebels the chance to escape and then gain the favor of a powerful fusion.

Garnet was a drop in the bucket of all the gems that Rose managed to persuade over to her side. As Homeworld brought more gems to earth to fight the rebellion, they swelled Rose's ranks all the more. Ideology is the real zombie invasion.

Which also incidentally means that all zombie hordes can be used as analogies for populist uprisings.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
edit: nevermind, I had misunderstood the post, and I actually think it would be neat if they went with what the post were implying

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 25, 2016

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
How has this not leaked yet? Also it's on Thursday nights now, right?

Scrabble Tournament
May 17, 2006
MY OLD-ASS AVATAR URL BROKE THE ADMIN PANEL, THANKS RADIUM

Relentlessboredomm posted:

How has this not leaked yet? Also it's on Thursday nights now, right?

Most of the leaks have been coming out the morning of airing.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Garnet was a drop in the bucket of all the gems that Rose managed to persuade over to her side. As Homeworld brought more gems to earth to fight the rebellion, they swelled Rose's ranks all the more. Ideology is the real zombie invasion.

Which also incidentally means that all zombie hordes can be used as analogies for populist uprisings.

Sapphire's prophecy to Blue Diamond was that Rose Quartz and Pearl would be captured, and the rebellion ended. I like to think that Garnet's unexpected moment of love thereby saved the rebellion and the Earth just by existing. :kimchi:

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Flying-PCP posted:

uh...huh
Ehhh, it's been done.

:v:

HeartPlug
Aug 22, 2016

Sand will cover this place
Sand will cover you

Mercury Hat posted:

Ehhh, it's been done.

:v:

I didn't make this

edit: leaks :lol: get it?

HeartPlug fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 25, 2016

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

NecroMonster posted:

Why did Pearl stop using the swords anyway? I don't think the show has ever mentioned it, just always shown her with swords in the past and a Spear in the "now". But Bismuth clearly must have made her spear(s), so she must have switched sometime during the gem war.

Swords are designed for killing people.
Spears are designed to hunt animals.

However, with regards to the story Bismuth didn't seem confused when she used her spear, so who knows.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

DalaranJ posted:

Swords are designed for killing people.
Spears are designed to hunt animals.

I'll have you know spears are designed to be effective against a wide variety of targets, up to and including tanks :v:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Think of it like this, Revolver Ocelot doesn't need to bounce bullets around and use a highly antiquated gun, he chooses to do those things because it's more challenging and there's no feeling like sliding in that long, silver bullet into a well-greased chamber in the heat of battle. Pearl is the same except with swords.

Much like Ocelot, she's also totally in love with her leader.

Basically I want Pearl to dress as a cowboy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:ocelot:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm ready for the gem whose weapon is just a gun

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Raserys posted:

You don't need courage when you have... a gun!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I bet Pearl stopped using the swords for a reason. Maybe she did something bad with them.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
what if
pearls swords

ARE PINK DIAMOND

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Shima Honnou posted:

Think of it like this, Revolver Ocelot doesn't need to bounce bullets around and use a highly antiquated gun, he chooses to do those things because it's more challenging and there's no feeling like sliding in that long, silver bullet into a well-greased chamber in the heat of battle. Pearl is the same except with swords.

Much like Ocelot, she's also totally in love with her leader.

Basically I want Pearl to dress as a cowboy.

We all know which gem has the strongest cowboy game. http://b-jiu.tumblr.com/post/141661...%9E%9C%E5%97%AF

Raserys posted:

Sorry, that goes against the rules. http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Gemsona

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

TwoPair posted:

My theory (we don't have to spoil speculation, right?) is that it's gonna be about Connie feeling useless when she's unfused.

Given the official preview I think you're right.

HeartPlug
Aug 22, 2016

Sand will cover you
As far as spears go, spears are more useful in battle than swords (or so I have heard on Ask/Tell) and swords are more useful for up close intimate encounters in cities. Pearl's spear is probably just preference though.

TwoPair posted:

My theory (we don't have to spoil speculation, right?) is that it's gonna be about Connie feeling useless when she's unfused.

This. It's probably going to deal with Connie realizing she's more useful to Steven as a fusion than as a human, which makes her feel like half a person.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

NecroMonster posted:

I bet Pearl stopped using the swords for a reason. Maybe she did something bad with them.

She doesn't use her swords anymore to atone for all the lives she's taken during the war. Her spear's tip is actually pointed inwardly so that she's incapable of killing anyone.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
She uses a spear now because it can shoot sick lasers

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's more of a glaive, really

HeartPlug
Aug 22, 2016

Sand will cover you
Connie needs a good monster victory. One where she's not part of Stevonnie.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Raserys posted:

(from Adventure Time writer/boarder Steve Wolfhard)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm sure Mr. Gusite will be relevant in the future.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

HeartPlug posted:

This. It's probably going to deal with Connie realizing she's more useful to Steven as a fusion than as a human, which makes her feel like half a person.

I'm sure Steven has been gushing about how awesome Smoky Quartz is. Steven doesn't even need Connie to be an awesome fusion.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raserys posted:

I'm convinced that that's what Captain Centipeetle has: a sci-fi looking ray gun that shoots acid

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/joshRbravo/status/766887018542473216

I can't believe Hardee's is leaking SU spoilers.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Calling it now: Connie is upset that Steven fused with Amethyst, and now it isn't something special that only the two of them share

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheChirurgeon posted:

Calling it now: Connie is upset that Steven fused with Amethyst, and now it isn't something special that only the two of them share

I think she's going to have to move soon, because her dad changes jobs a lot or something (remember that?).

Of course lion can teleport so it'll be pretty easy for Steven to still see her wherever she goes so once she explains the problem it'll become a complete non-issue.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 25, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
They already don't actually live in Beach City, right?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Pick posted:

They already don't actually live in Beach City, right?

Somewhere over the horizon far enough that they'd almost freeze to death if they walked from an indeterminate point in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Acne Rain posted:

what if
pearls swords

ARE PINK DIAMOND

Everyone is pink diamond, except for Liz Taylor, who is obviously white diamond