Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, I think it's a conscious decision too. I think it's a lovely one, and definitely not some absurd in canon explanation because No, but it's clearly a conscious artistic choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Good news everyone! Steven Universe now has its very own abridged parody series: https://youtu.be/7sDAEDbcKA4

Let's all talk about that instead of height charts, please, for the love of God.

I'm not really seeing any jokes here that are funnier than the scenes they're dubbed over.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not really seeing any jokes here that are funnier than the scenes they're dubbed over.

Some of them are just the same jokes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Most abridged series work mostly because they're shows everyone vaguely remembers but hasn't watched in years and have little desire to rewatch.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
An abridged series before the original is even over, what?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not really seeing any jokes

I couldn't make it more than a few minutes past the opening song, it was really bad :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Inescapable Duck posted:

Most abridged series work mostly because they're shows everyone vaguely remembers but hasn't watched in years and have little desire to rewatch.

The only one I ever enjoyed was the YuGiOh one, and I had never watched the original I only knew of it peripherally as "dumb card game show with egypt and crazy hair". How right I was.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Milky Moor posted:

An abridged series before the original is even over, what?

There's abridged series for drat near anything remotely popular. Very few are anything resembling good, let alone well thought out.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The story of all memes.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

After the uncle grandpa crossover this sort of thing was inevitable.

http://khalidsmshahin.tumblr.com/post/168198911974/source

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The story of all memes.

I'm glad we don't allow memes here.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Invader Zim had some weak episodes but drat if Career Day and Door to Door didn't fuckin nail it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

After the uncle grandpa crossover this sort of thing was inevitable.

http://khalidsmshahin.tumblr.com/post/168198911974/source

I'm glad we don't allow memes here.

Lapis isn't correct height

0/10

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Pick posted:

Invader Zim had some weak episodes but drat if Career Day and Door to Door didn't fuckin nail it.

I liked the organ harvesting episode where Zim trid to get human organs to pass for human with the school nurse - Dib(trying to work out what exactly he stole): "Lungs?"
Zim: "I've got four of them."
Dib: "a Spleen?"
Zim: "In three different colours!"

I also like Gaz's revelation that she knew Zim was an alien but ignored it because he was harmless, her real problem was her brother's obsession was interrupting the little time she got with their father. I really like the episode where Gaz goes to rescue Dib from Zim herself because it's time for their annual dinner with their father actually physically present instead of being projected holographically from his lab, and she is not going to let Dib screw another one up.

Also the Professor had great line delivery. "(concentrating hard and welding something offscreen) Not now son... I'm making... TOAST!". The way he said "My poor insane son..." was pretty funny too.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Infinitum posted:

Lapis isn't correct height

0/10

I thought we didn't allow memes here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is taking the piss out of Height Chat ok?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

please tell me there's a lapis version

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like that the personalities of Peridot and Lapis are completely switched from initial fan perception - we just got it wrong. All the early fanart of the "What if Peri, Lapis and Jasper were the spacemoms" implied that Peridot would be the cowardly type, with her reaction to fighting Malachite being "Are you completely cracked I'm not fighting that!"and noping out. But now she has the entirety of Homeworld potentially breathing down her neck due to how the trial went and got them interested again, and she's not outwardly afraid - she's confident, while also being cautious.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

this is 100% a composition and scene emotion thing, you loving nerds.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Lmao at people trying to come up with in-universe explanations for the height thing.

You don't have to defend literally everything about the show you know.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Clearly this is just a Steven/Steeven | Luke/Luuke situation.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
The only thing I don't really enjoy about the art fluctuations is sometimes the kids' heads are just fuckin huge. Like they're suddenly Peanuts characters. some artists will just make Connie a bobblehead for some scenes and I am not into it.

But it's not a mistake it's just a thing I don't like.

Also I hope they let Steven age up soon if only because the actor's voice sounds so painfully strained doing that pitch sometimes. It makes me want a glass of water just listening. Give the dude a break.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

underage at the vape shop posted:

this is 100% a composition and scene emotion thing, you loving nerds.

I was giving a counter example to the "steven is shrinking" images

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BioEnchanted posted:

I liked the organ harvesting episode where Zim trid to get human organs to pass for human with the school nurse - Dib(trying to work out what exactly he stole): "Lungs?"
Zim: "I've got four of them."
Dib: "a Spleen?"
Zim: "In three different colours!"

I also like Gaz's revelation that she knew Zim was an alien but ignored it because he was harmless, her real problem was her brother's obsession was interrupting the little time she got with their father. I really like the episode where Gaz goes to rescue Dib from Zim herself because it's time for their annual dinner with their father actually physically present instead of being projected holographically from his lab, and she is not going to let Dib screw another one up.

Also the Professor had great line delivery. "(concentrating hard and welding something offscreen) Not now son... I'm making... TOAST!". The way he said "My poor insane son..." was pretty funny too.

To this day I still can't believe Jhonen Vasquez got a loving NIckelodeon show.

And then I also still can't believe he plowed the premise into a "ten minute chaotic chase scene taking up 2/3 of each episode" formula.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Infinitum posted:

Is taking the piss out of Height Chat ok?

Finn's height varies in Adventure Time, and not just because he is getting older.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
That first one is clearly an underealized Finn who has yet to grasp full hold of CHIM whereas the latter is the gumdrop nerevarine.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

khwarezm posted:

Actually, just overall, what do you think of this shot here, do you have any particular complaints or compliments overall with it?:
I have no interest in answering this question. You have successfully annoyed me to the point that I no longer want to engage. By rule of internet argument, that means you're right and correct.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

LividLiquid posted:

I have no interest in answering this question. You have successfully annoyed me to the point that I no longer want to engage. By rule of internet argument, that means you're right and correct.

Dude, don't take it personally. I might be a bit bullish when I argue but it's just a cartoon.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why would I take it personally that you think your opinions are facts?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Please, it's not like he's me.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
A Save the Light patch came out yesterday, which patched a bunch of bugs.

https://grumpyfaceblog.tumblr.com/post/168437489013/save-the-light-v103-patch-notes

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

kefkafloyd posted:

A Save the Light patch came out yesterday, which patched a bunch of bugs.

https://grumpyfaceblog.tumblr.com/post/168437489013/save-the-light-v103-patch-notes

“Bingo Bongo” has been added as a new bonus message in battle

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Madurai posted:

Someone on their tumblr suggested that and it got added, good for them.

Hopefully more of the "characters fall through terrain" bugs that I reported have been fixed.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Madurai posted:

Well I guess I have to seriously consider buying this game now.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

SpacePig posted:

Well I guess I have to seriously consider buying this game now.

That's where you're right, kiddo.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Two new Steven Universe episodes are coming out on January 5th.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Sweet, a birthday gift for me!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

new for people who only watch them on TV or new for everyone?

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Sure, I’ll drink from that cactus. Quench it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Augus posted:

new for people who only watch them on TV or new for everyone?

new for everyone (the ones that came out on the app are premiering on TV during december)